So. there's a Smash datamine going on right now, particularly with the soundtrack and while I can't confirm it myself yet, it seems that
Wario has not a single new song in the game. What the actual fuck?

So. there's a Smash datamine going on right now, particularly with the soundtrack and while I can't confirm it myself yet, it seems that
Wario has not a single new song in the game. What the actual fuck?

Guess they figured giving western players the People's Democratic Republic of Ashley rearrangement was enough

I can't believe everything went so right untill now: Shoulder dash, so many Spirits, and yet no new Land tracks. Not even Ware has one. Seems like music in Wario games isn't good enough for being in a crossover fighting game. Thanks for Mona Pizza and Mike songs at least.

I'm not sure it's official yet, but seems like we have only 10 songs. All from Brawl and For Wii U. Great!seriously?:

Last edited:
I can't believe everything went so right untill now: Shoulder dash, so many Spirits, and yet no new Land tracks. Not even Ware has one. Seems like music in Wario games isn't good enough for being in a crossover fighting game. Thanks for Mona Pizza and Mike songs at least.

I'm not sure it's official yet, but seems like we have only 10 songs. All from Brawl and For Wii U. Great!seriously?:
Find the madeinwario file and search the one's under it. It's official

Okay, I'll just post every track found:
  1. m01_miw_madeinwario.lopus
  2. m02_miw_medley.lopus
WarioWare, Inc. and WarioWare,Inc. Medley. miw stands for Made In Wario
  1. m03_mmw_kochiramonapizza.lopus
  2. m04_mmw_monapizzassong.lopus
Mona Pizza song (Jp and Eng). mmw stands for Mowaru Made in Wario.
  1. m05_smw_mikegasukisuki.lopus
  2. m06_smw_mikessong.lopus
  3. m07_smw_ashreynotheme.lopus
  4. m08_smw_ashreyssong.lopus
  5. m19_smw_ashreynotheme.lopus
Mike Song (Jp and Eng), Ashley Song (Jp and Eng v.1 and Jp v.2). smw for Sawaru Made in Wario.
  1. m09_miw_game_yokero.lopus
  2. m10_miw_game_fumareruna.lopus
  3. m11_miw_game_kawase.lopus
  4. m12_miw_game_nureruna.lopus
  5. m13_miw_game_tobe.lopus
  6. m15_miw_game_narase.lopus
  7. m16_miw_game_kudake.lopus
  8. m17_miw_game_ugokuna.lopus
  9. m18_miw_game_appeal.lopus
Used for microgames if WarioWare,Inc. is played. Meh.

1.m20_wls_1_1_1_iseki.lopus

Ruins/Stonecarving City(Wario Land Shake it)- Direct port. wls for Wario Land Shake.
  1. m21a_gaw_gamer_normal.lopus
  2. m21b_gaw_gamer_mom.lopus
Used for Gamer stage. Isn't even a song. Normal is silence (no rly) and mom is that tune when 5-volt shows up. gaw for Game and Wario.

There you go! 22 song in sound test. Remove 10 microgame tunes and 2 Gamer tunes, we have 10. Alright, I'll go listen Mappy medley and Snakey Chantey. This is when you give series enough attention.

Last edited:
Pouting: Very very disappointed at the lack of new Wario tracks, things were going so good for us, so to end on such an anti climatic note is just disappointing, I would have at least liked some songs ripped straight from the WarioWare games (Like Wario Deluxe and shit.) but we didn't even get that. Oh well, at least we got Mona's Pizza and Mike's Song back in there after being shafted from Wii/3DS for some odd reason, which is nice, and this isn't gonna ruin Smash Ultimate for me, but still...this is disappointing.

Last edited:
Been looking at more datamines, here's the full list of Wario Spirits:

Wario
Wario (Overalls)
Wario-Man
Captain Syrup
Princess Shokora
Dr. Crygor
Kat & Ana
Jimmy T
9-Volt & 18-Volt
Mona
Orbulon
Dribble & Spitz
Pyoro
Ashley
Young Cricket
Count Cannoli
Shake King
5-Volt
5-Volt (Angry)
Fronks
Wanda

Full list

Wario
Wario (Overalls)
Wario-Man
Captain Syrup
Princess Shokora
Dr. Crygor
Kat & Ana
Jimmy T
9-Volt & 18-Volt
Mona
Orbulon
Dribble & Spitz
Pyoro
Ashley
Young Cricket
Count Cannoli
Shake King
5-Volt
5-Volt (Angry)
Fronks
Wanda

Full list

Huh? Penny Crygor's not on the spirits list? Was she meant to be the second stage of Dr. Crygor but got cut? This is pretty odd sinec she's a sticker in Brawl.

Wario
Wario (Overalls)
Wario-Man
Captain Syrup
Princess Shokora
Dr. Crygor
Kat & Ana
Jimmy T
9-Volt & 18-Volt
Mona
Orbulon
Dribble & Spitz
Pyoro
Ashley
Young Cricket
Count Cannoli
Shake King
5-Volt
5-Volt (Angry)
Fronks
Wanda

Full list
all these characters and still no mike. for god's sake, dude. sometimes i seriously think the devs hate him or something

Huh? Penny Crygor's not on the spirits list? Was she meant to be the second stage of Dr. Crygor but got cut? This is pretty odd sinec she's a sticker in Brawl.
i knew someone was missing from that list...now that's a weird exclusion. maybe too similar to the og crygor

all these characters and still no mike. for god's sake, dude. sometimes i seriously think the devs hate him or something

i knew someone was missing from that list...now that's a weird exclusion. maybe too similar to the og crygor
There are a number of odd exclusions, Mother doesn't have Porky, Nintendo Wars has Andy, Eagle and Olaf, but no Sami or Max and Kirby has no Adeline.

Distribution is also strange, Mario and Pokemon having more then everyone else makes sense, but Fire Emblem has almost 80, while Kirby is in the mid 50s and it's still better off then most series.

It's another case of some franchises getting a lot, while others have to scrap by, they clearly didn't try to give every series a fair amount.

Last edited:
There are a number of odd exclusions, Mother doesn't have Porky, Nintendo Wars has Andy, Eagle and Olaf, but no Sami or Max and Kirby has no Adeline.

Distribution is also strange, Mario and Pokemon having more then everyone else makes sense, but Fire Emblem has almost 80, while Kirby is in the mid 50s and it's still better off then most series.

It's another case of some franchises getting a lot, while others have to scrap by, they clearly didn't try to give every series a fair amount.
man that really sucks.
i guess i'm just extra disappointed because i thought mike had a serious chance at being a spirit after so long with basically nothing. at least we got his songs back

Honestly, the Spirit choices in this game just seem completely random to me.

Various forms are separate Spirits. Groups of characters are single Spirits. One off characters are Spirits whereas multi game ones sometimes aren't and vice versa. There's no real connection between the popularity of a character and whether they're a Spirit...

It's all very illogical.

The ones I find the weirdest are spirits of items or stuff like Karts, those don't really mesh with the ''pretend that you a playing against character xy'' idea that Spirits are supposed to be about.

The whole Spirits thing seemed like a low effort thing to me to begin with. I don't expect most people to use them out of their respective mode anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, it definitely seems like they were trying to save effort on trophies more than anything else. I like the way they're used yes, but let's be honest... the way they threw in all this artwork feels very cheap and lazy.

I know that just borrowed artwork isn't that great for everyone, but to me trophies stopped being interesting after Melee anyways, since most of them since were just touched up models from other games, which is also why series like Wario and Mother kept getting screwed over.

Back