Wario Land 3 Monopoly

Yeah, I guess it's best to do cheap technology, like paper and cardboard.
The board doesn't even really have to be a full board, we can make the 4 quadrents separate.
Here's how the creator of AVGN Monopoly made it.
We can make it simmilar, use paper, cardboard, and round flat tokens.

But I do agree with BigMagma here, custom art for all the Locations, and even Keys, Music Coins, Treasure Chests and the Corner Spaces would make the game at least a bit more professional, giving it more production value.

And with this cheap technology, we might even be able to create multiple copyes and ship them to whoever wants it... Maybe...

Board re-design:

Brown Properties: The least interesting places
  1. The Stagnant Swamp
  2. The Colossal Hole
Nothing much to say about these places. It does make sense why these properties are so low on the board.

Light Blue & Pink Properties: Seaside and Water
  1. Bank Of The Wild River
  2. The Tidle Coast
  3. Beneath The Waves
  4. Sea Turtle Rocks
  5. The Pool Of Rain
  6. The Steep Canyon
I think we should think of the best way to split these locations into 2 groups and figure out what is more or less valuable. We have ideas, but I'm not yet sure if the ideas mentioned earlier are the best

Orange Properties: Greens and Nature
  1. The Vast Plain
  2. The Grasslands
  3. Out Of The Woods & Forest Of Fear
Due to there being only 22 streets in Monopoly, but 25 levels in Wario Land 3, we can't fit all the levels unless we combine some of them. It does make sense to combine the 2 forests into one property, maybe we can name it "The Two Forests" or something

Red Properties: the most unique locations
  1. Above The Clouds
  2. The Firigid Sea
  3. The Warped Void
The sky of fading platforms, the Snow/Ice place, and a completly fictional place. All these locations havs an interesting theme, and their levels are fresh and stand out from the more generic ones. They all fit well into the category

Yellow Properties: Urban
  1. The Big Bridge
  2. The Peaceful Village
  3. A Town In Chaos
These are some of the more importhant locations of Music Box World. Built by the humans that inhabit the world, probably not to long ago. Everything feels auite modern

Green Properties: Anchient Civilizations
  1. Desert Ruins
  2. Castle Of Illusions
  3. Tower Of Revival
I consider these historical places more valuable than the modern day towns, which is why I made these properties green.

Blue Properties: the most importhant places
  1. The Volcano
  2. The Temple
With The Volcano being rright in the centre of the world, and home to 4 levels in the game (once again, i combined them), I say the Volcano is importhant enought to be on Park Place. And in the spot of Boardwalk, we can put The Temple, probably the most sacred place on this island.

Railroads:
I think my idea of having the 4 colored keys works well. What else is there exactly 4 of in the game? Treasure Chestss in each level? But Treasure Chest is already used for Community Chest

Utilities:
My idea was to have the 2 Sport Spots: Golf Tower and Socker Field. Now, technicly the Socker Field is part of the Town, but I think we can still go with it.
But we could still have it Electricity and Water Works, as Wario Land 3 has some lamps that shoot electrisity, and Sewers in the Village.
Which idea wouldnyou guys like better?

Corner Spaces:
  • Collect 200 Coins as you pass Wario's Bag
  • Game Over / Watching a Let's Play (have the Game Over be inside a YouTube video, and somebody looking at the video in the Just Visiting area
  • not entiertly sure. The Save Screen was just a random idea. Maybe it couldnbe the Save Screen, or Pause Screen, or maybe even something with Wario's Idle Animation or Temple Sleeping Animation. Maybe call the space Idle Animation and have Wario sleeping, standing up
  • Rudy The Clown. Go To Game Over
Tax Spaces
Once again, the New Game Tax and Perfect Tax were random ideas. Maybe we could come up with something more origional? Like Wario Tax, or Garlic Tax, or Transformation Tax?

Chance = Music Coin
Community Chest = Treasure Chest
House = Yellow GBC
Hotel = 3DS
Tokens: Donut guy, Zombie, Hammer Bot, Mad ScienceStein, Brr Bear, GrabBot&Squisher, Fire Snake In A Pot, Robo Mouse

Wow, that seems great!
Especially MPC. Do you have experience with either of those?
Also: the tokens are the players, right? Why did you choose these? I think I'll select eight myself later, and we can compare choices.

Last edited:
Wow, that seems great!
Especially MPC. Do you have experience with either of those?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by MPC d:p

Also: the tokens are the players, right? Why did you choose these?

I wanted the playable tokens to be the enemies, giving them a role. I think it'd be cool.
I picked the enemies that would be more interesting as characters. The standart spear guys and paragooms and even firebots just aren't as interesting, so i picked those that I'd enjoy playing as

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by MPC d:p

I wanted the playable tokens to be the enemies, giving them a role. I think it'd be cool.
I picked the enemies that would be more interesting as characters. The standart spear guys and paragooms and even firebots just aren't as interesting, so i picked those that I'd enjoy playing as
MPC is one of the sites you linked d:p

I think I'd actually like those too, as they're more iconic. Also, the paragoom is actually my favourite enemy in the entire game, so it's not like nobody likes them.

MPC is one of the sites you linked d:p

I think I'd actually like those too, as they're more iconic. Also, the paragoom is actually my favourite enemy in the entire game, so it's not like nobody likes them.

i forgot i linked those sites d:p

Aniway, go ahead and make a list of what other enemies do you want to be tokens.
But i don't think we would make every enemy playable d:p

Okay, so this is the set of 8 I'd choose:
Brrr_Bear.PNG
Count_Richter.PNG
Paragoom.PNG
Spearhead.png
Madscience.png
Zombiewl3.PNG
Hammerbot.PNG
Doughnuteer_WL3.png

So, comparing to yours: Fire Snake, Grab-bot & Squasher and Robo Mouse are replaced by Count Richtertoffen, Para-Goom and Spearhead.
Especially Fire Snake doesn't really make sense to me, as it's in a pot, and thus can't really walk. I'd like to have it replaced with Para-Goom.
I'm fine with Robo Mouse instead of Spearhead, but it is a little big, compared to the others.

Okay, so this is the set of 8 I'd choose:
Brrr_Bear.PNG
Count_Richter.PNG
Paragoom.PNG
Spearhead.png
Madscience.png
Zombiewl3.PNG
Hammerbot.PNG
Doughnuteer_WL3.png

So, comparing to yours: Fire Snake, Grab-bot & Squasher and Robo Mouse are replaced by Count Richtertoffen, Para-Goom and Spearhead.
Especially Fire Snake doesn't really make sense to me, as it's in a pot, and thus can't really walk. I'd like to have it replaced with Para-Goom.
I'm fine with Robo Mouse instead of Spearhead, but it is a little big, compared to the others.
Just a reminder a lot of the monopoly tokens aren't things that can actually move on their own so I don't see why the fire snake isn't fair game.

Does anyone have a template for the cards? What should we use to make them? The program that comes with the site we decide to buy the cards from, or an image editing program? Last time I did it in an image editing program, and it worked, but it wasn't the most convenient nor clean, so perhaps creating a template in a program would be better. I guess I'll have a look at the MPC one.
Should it be the most like the original Monopoly cards as possible or is it good if we use a more original design?
Key features should definitely be cleanness en clearness.

Just a reminder a lot of the monopoly tokens aren't things that can actually move on their own so I don't see why the fire snake isn't fair game.
I know, the monopoly tokens are all inanimate objects. These are living beings from a game, and all the others do walk themselves. That's why the snake seems off to me.

I know, the monopoly tokens are all inanimate objects. These are living beings from a game, and all the others do walk themselves. That's why the snake seems off to me.
Monopoly has the dog, car, ship, wheelbarrow, etc. I'm just thinking we shouldn't be so self-limiting.

Mostly just because it's weird for all but one to be able to move on their own normally. It's confusingly and needlessly inconsistent. Not a big problem by any stretch of the imagination, but I can see why he'd want to avoid it.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Mostly just because it's weird for all but one to be able to move on their own normally. It's confusingly and needlessly inconsistent. Not a big problem by any stretch of the imagination, but I can see why he'd want to avoid it.

And well, on top of that, I just see the Para-Goom as more fitting, as it's a more iconic character, instead of just a (be it fire-breathing) snake, that you actually don't see all that often.
I'm not sure, I might be the only one liking my set, but that's no problem, as we could do either, or a combination.
I also think the size might be a bit of an issue, though, as I think it would look best if the pixels would have the same dimensions in every character. If we'd do it that way, the three characters I left out would look really big or the other characters quite small.

This post will focus on design

I do support your character set, 607. I say we go with yours. But it's not really a big deal if the characters have different height.

I still want custom art. And I'm sure with good custom art, even different height characters can look good together.

Now for the Music Coin and Treasure Chest cards. What do you guys think of my ideas in Post #1? Anything we should add or remove?
Cards should have the description, and some picture to go with it.

As far as the Board Layot, the most current one is in Post #23. We need to determine the grouping and order of the Light Blue and Pink properties.
We also need to deaide what exactly are we doing for Tax, Railroads, Utilities and Corner Spaces.
What do you guys think of my ideas, and what ideas do you have?

Come to think of it, themed versions of Mobopoly tend to include an additional house rule.
Maybe we can come up with some rule for the Free Parking spot.
For example: Wario's Plane. If you land here, you have the option of paying 100 times dice roll to advance to any space on the board.

I usally play with the rule if you step on the Free Parking spot you get all the money on the middle of the field (so the money that was spent upto that point)

Back