[Fan Content] Wario Land 3 X - An upcoming Wario Land 3 mod

If you come across any problems, design issues, or whatever: be sure to ask!
I know we never got actual levels done for our Wario Land hack, but we surely did a whole lot of research!!
If you're planning to change some of the treasures and such, the Treasure Database might be useful; I don't think it was actually ever made available publicly, but if you give me a Gmail address, I'll give you (viewing) access!

If you come across any problems, design issues, or whatever: be sure to ask!
I know we never got actual levels done for our Wario Land hack, but we surely did a whole lot of research!!
If you're planning to change some of the treasures and such, the Treasure Database might be useful; I don't think it was actually ever made available publicly, but if you give me a Gmail address, I'll give you (viewing) access!
Thanks! I can send you a PM :) Might have a few questions regarding the editor :)

Very nice. I'd absolutely love to see a completed mod of wario land 3. I'd be happy to answer questions if you're having difficulty with the editor. As much as I'd like to help you more directly, I'm going to constrain myself because I tend to stretch myself too thin. =P
As you can see on the bottom, I've changed up the spawn area in Level 1, and figured more out how this mod tool works.

I'm still a bit confused with Object sets, Enemy sets, GFX Banks, etc., but I'm sure I'll figure it out. But you see the objects on the left that you choose from (backgrounds, blocks, tiles, etc.)? Well, the difficult thing is that, as you can see, there are 8 different normal breakable bricks that look identical... That's why I've changed the pallets of some of them, as you can see. The difference between them is the background behind when you break them, as well as what coins they drop, but you don't know which is which until you try it in-game (as far as I know). Oh well.
The breakable tiles are called "breaks to tile 78,79,7a...,7f". tile "78" is the bottom-leftmost tile in the tileset, and tile "7f" is the bottom-rightmost one. If you hover over a tile in the tileset, it should tell you what the index is in the status bar at the bottom... if not in the main window, then in the tileset editor window.

Back