[Fan Content] Wario Land 3 X - An upcoming Wario Land 3 mod

WwwWario

Wario Fan Supreme
Hello fellow Wario fans!

So my life is very interesting these days. Started on a new school, I learn a lot about myself and get SO many thoughts in my head, which makes me both stressed, happy, excited, anxious and more at the same time. But to calm myself down, I wanted to pick up a Wario Land 3 mod tool I found a while back. And now I want to make this into a full mod.

So I'm also working on my Super Wario Land fan game in all of this, but I'm currently taking a small break from it due to several reasons, so starting on this when I have time isn't a bad idea, in my head.

I currently use two mod tools. The first one is the Wario Land 3 editor made by Drenn. It's very good. I'm still experimenting with it, since I'm not super good with what all of the different numbers and banks and codes and everything means. But it's pretty straight forward, actually, and you can edit level design, areas and their sizes, doors, enemies, objects, etc. You can pretty much create the levels however you like it! The other one is a sprite/graphics editor made by YY. The graphics editor is a bit difficult to use sometimes, since there are SO much graphics in it, and it's hard to figure out what the different graphics are. But graphics like level names are very easy to edit, so that's good!

Here are some pictures of some quick experimenting I've done:

bEbxKBR.png

Ld8LHBO.png

mhMzy12.png

As I said, you can edit almost everything. But Wario Land 3 has a progression system, where you cannot collect certain keys/reach certain areas before you get a certain treasure. Therefore, I think it's smart to make sure the collection order and the different features that eventually appears reamains the same. Something I thought of is to try to change the Day/Night mechanic to a Summer/Winter mechanic! For each world (let's take Level 1 as an example) there are multiple versions of it. We have Day Level 1-0, 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3, and 4 other ones for the night version. These are versions it changes into later in the game (like when the tree in Level 1 opens its mouth). I'm able to edit and take advantage of different tilesets, but like I said, I still need to experiment more.

I don't know what you think of this, but leave your thoughts below! :) I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

A while back a lot of users on this forum came together to make a WL3 hack.
We've gotten quite a few things done, we figured out a lot of things we could change, we got pretty familiar with the editor...

...but sadly over time a lot of people lost interest in continuing the project so it felt like I was just doing all the work alone ...which I didn't enjoy....
so I stopped as well.
Making a WL3 hack turned out to be more complicated than it seemed so I'm curious to see what you can do with it.

A while back a lot of users on this forum came together to make a WL3 hack.
We've gotten quite a few things done, we figured out a lot of things we could change, we got pretty familiar with the editor...

...but sadly over time a lot of people lost interest in continuing the project so it felt like I was just doing all the work alone ...which I didn't enjoy....
so I stopped as well.
Making a WL3 hack turned out to be more complicated than it seemed so I'm curious to see what you can do with it.
I can see that, yeah. I too have learned that it's not as easy as I thought, but it's possible, so I'll see what I can do :)

As you can see on the bottom, I've changed up the spawn area in Level 1, and figured more out how this mod tool works.

Ai4JEym.png

I also got to make an X on the title screen after some struggle:

gx91HOX.png

I'm still a bit confused with Object sets, Enemy sets, GFX Banks, etc., but I'm sure I'll figure it out. But you see the objects on the left that you choose from (backgrounds, blocks, tiles, etc.)? Well, the difficult thing is that, as you can see, there are 8 different normal breakable bricks that look identical... That's why I've changed the pallets of some of them, as you can see. The difference between them is the background behind when you break them, as well as what coins they drop, but you don't know which is which until you try it in-game (as far as I know). Oh well. Anyway, I'm having fun:

Ct74Nj4WgAAj0hf.jpg

Wait... Are you making a remake of Wario Land 3 or do you just use the graphics?
And will you use the same story or make a own?

As far as i know Nintendo isn't quite... "gently" to FanGames, especially if they're remakes or use their models/graphics...

If there has been ONE download on the internet EVER then it'll be online forever. Same with AM2R, Once the file is out there, it can't be stopped.
Wasn't that Metroid Game stopped midway? I fought it is unfinished.
And honestly: I kinda understood why they took it down.
After all: Who would buy the Original if they can download it for free.

Back