MarioSpore

Developer of Wario Land 4 2
Diamond City Insider
Wario_Land_4_2.png

The Golden Diva is back for revenge after being defeated by Wario. This time they designed the pyramid with more challenging passages along with new types! While that, all is gold is missing once again! Will Wario triumph once again and retrieve his beloved treasures?

Wario Land 4 2 is a future rom hack that keeps the genres of levels, but they're completely redone in the advanced level. It would be like if Nintendo made the sequel to Wario Land 4, but more of a joke than anything else. The music uses songs from other games, such as Super Mario Bros for example.

This rom hack will be created by @shinespeciall's upcoming Wario Land 4 Maker program. We are always looking and hiring for anyone who can help us develop ideas for what our levels can look like, along with the composing of music, and has the knowledge to change the textures in Wario Land 4. If you want to help develop this hack, join our discord server, read #requirements-2, and DM me for an audition! (Just make sure to tell me you came from the Wario forum.) You can also start an application by signing up using the application here, and then I could DM you on Discord. If you don't have a Discord account, but want to sign up, make one. If you want to play test the rom hack, please note that at this moment in time, you won't be doing much until actual levels are being designed. Also you do not need to fill out the application for play testing.

Last edited:
Hey @MarioSpore! Nice to see you're working on an ambitious Wario Land 4 hack using @shinespeciall's new editor, it sounds like an interesting project so far.

As for anyone else... can you confirm whether you can see this topic?

Sweet, looking forward to that. I'd be absolutely stoked to help with the music & audio whenever this becomes a thing

Released a small song teaser of what might sound like in Wario Land 4 2. I know the song's instruments are cut off, but I know how to fix this.

I just love the fact music hacking is possible now.

There are going to be so many cool things done with that when Wario Land 4 hacking truly takes off.

I just love the fact music hacking is possible now.

There are going to be so many cool things done with that when Wario Land 4 hacking truly takes off.
Well I mean, as what I was told, unfortunately you really can't play all of the instruments Wario Land 4 has created, unless you are a master at hex editing or whatever. I found this gba music editor called GBA Music Studio, which I believe is attempting to replace the old Sappy with more accurate listening and you're able to export midis and soundfonts and much more.

It's still in its early days though, maybe a revolution will come about there.

I mean, look at Super Mario World hacking. We went from rather basic ones like this:

To stuff like this:

Maybe something similar will happen with Wario Land 4 music too.

It's still in its early days though, maybe a revolution will come about there.

I mean, look at Super Mario World hacking. We went from rather basic ones like this:

To stuff like this:

Maybe something similar will happen with Wario Land 4 music too.

They probably got the SMW soundfont, found a midi, and a picture without the song actually being played in-game. Big difference.

Nah, they're both actual songs you can use in Super Mario World hacks. Trust me, I know, and I'm using the second one in Mario's Nightmare Quest.

Nah, they're both actual songs you can use in Super Mario World hacks. Trust me, I know, and I'm using the second one in Mario's Nightmare Quest.
Ohh okay, apologies for that. Maybe hopefully in the future we are able to use every possible instrument in one song in-game. Now doesn't seem possibly unfortunately.

Maybe you can have one world that is a throw back to previous Wario games and use layouts from them.
Well, the stages themselves are supposed to be "Golden Diva rebuilt the painted worlds", something to that effect, and I don't know if anything beyond using a level layout and/or song is feasible. However, that said, I think using Out of the Woods's layout as the basis for Doodle Woods 2's stage layout could be a good idea. @MarioSpore Thoughts on this?

Well, the stages themselves are supposed to be "Golden Diva rebuilt the painted worlds", something to that effect, and I don't know if anything beyond using a level layout and/or song is feasible. However, that said, I think using Out of the Woods's layout as the basis for Doodle Woods 2's stage layout could be a good idea. @MarioSpore Thoughts on this?
Yeah basically the plot is that the Golden Diva is back and basically reconstructed the entire pyramid while keeping the original level's atmosphere, just a different obstacle than what we are once used to.

Also are you talking about Taylor Swift for Out of the Woods?

Yeah basically the plot is that the Golden Diva is back and basically reconstructed the entire pyramid while keeping the original level's atmosphere, just a different obstacle than what we are once used to.

Also are you talking about Taylor Swift for Out of the Woods?
No, I'm saying the platforms and stuff from Out of the Woods (1st level from Wario Land 3) gets used at least partially as part of the level design for Doodle Woods 2

No, I'm saying the platforms and stuff from Out of the Woods (1st level from Wario Land 3) gets used at least partially as part of the level design for Doodle Woods 2
Hmmmm... You just gave me an idea there. There could be hidden lore in Wario Land 4 2 that can be taken from other levels from other Wario Land titles.

Anyways that's besides the point. Yeah we could use some of the Out of the Woods level. Well maybe, I don't know. I still need to think about it. Also the names aren't going to be Doodle Woods 2, as they're going to obviously be brand new names.

Back