Hmmmm... You just gave me an idea there. There could be hidden lore in Wario Land 4 2 that can be taken from other levels from other Wario Land titles.

Anyways that's besides the point. Yeah we could use some of the Out of the Woods level. Well maybe, I don't know. I still need to think about it. Also the names aren't going to be Doodle Woods 2, as they're going to obviously be brand new names.
They should still be related, though, since the assets are being used again. hrmmm...
Notebook Nook?
Crayon Cranny?
A big ol' weirdo
who's hittin' on Granny

[hip hop beat]

They should still be related, though, since the assets are being used again. hrmmm...
Notebook Nook?
Crayon Cranny?
A big ol' weirdo
who's hittin' on Granny

[hip hop beat]
Well when we both have the time tomorrow, we can go deep into the levels. I have yet to not have blueprints for all the levels yet nor any ideas for what I can add that can be relatively close. Also I just added a separate job for people who would either design the levels or design the level's mechanics and structure, both that require you to use the editor.

DecapAttack music in a Wario game actually fits, due to the oddball theme of both. What a pleasant surprise from a 90's childhood relic.

@tahutoa What do you know of PigmaskColonel? I saw that you'd made a playlist and written a little piece on his work. I wasn't aware he'd closed his Soundcloud account down. That is a pity for such a musically gifted chap. @Boris Carloft's Car Loft let me know if this is a load of rubbish, and I'll edit it accordingly (should you ever read this).

Last edited:
Some neat music choices there.

Also seem like they give us some hints towards the new themes of the levels in the game. Presumably Wildflower Fields will have a fire theme to it now?

DecapAttack music in a Wario game actually fits, due to the oddball theme of both. What a pleasant surprise from a 90's childhood relic.

@tahutoa What do you know of PigmaskColonel? I saw that you'd made a playlist and written a little piece on his work. I wasn't aware he'd closed his Soundcloud account down. That is a pity for such a musically gifted chap. @Boris Carloft's Car Loft let me know if this is a load of rubbish, and I'll edit it accordingly (should you ever read this).
Not much. I've gotten some comments on my VBWL-related stuff from him (that's how i knew he still existed, just w/o any tracks to speak of). said comments have since vanished

Last edited:

MarioSpore's been fuockin' HOUNDIN' me about this song for YEEEAEARSSS
BUT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS SHIT
so now I guess he can get on my case about finishing Hall of Hieroglyphs. I'M GETTIN' THERE SON

The Hurry Up theme, which was actually the very first arrangement I made specially for this hack, but wasn't quite prepared for public release yet, has finally been revamped to the proper level, to the point where this is what you hear when you plug the .mid into SynthFont

The Hurry Up theme, which was actually the very first arrangement I made specially for this hack, but wasn't quite prepared for public release yet, has finally been revamped to the proper level, to the point where this is what you hear when you plug the .mid into SynthFont

Well as for a "public release" I am not gonna exactly post it as much everywhere, yet. Mainly, it is going to be uploaded to the WL4 Hack Repository site. Maybe further if GBA hacking sites even support WL4, since it seems to be brand new to the community.

New Track is up!
All I waaant for Christmaaaas, is my heart back after I found out you, not only did you fold it, but you also spindled and mutilated it.

Well as for a "public release" I am not gonna exactly post it as much everywhere, yet. Mainly, it is going to be uploaded to the WL4 Hack Repository site. Maybe further if GBA hacking sites even support WL4, since it seems to be brand new to the community.
I meant a Public Release of the Hurry Up waarangement, because I never actually posted it anywhere besides our Discord.

Well, ROM Hacking.net does technically support Wario Land 4 hacks, even if no one's ever submitted one to the site before.

Well, ROM Hacking.net does technically support Wario Land 4 hacks, even if no one's ever submitted one to the site before.
Oh yeah I checked there, and literally the only rom hack on Wario Land 4 is a translation to spanish. I do have one question about submitting a hack there. I know they say, "Beta and alpha versions are now allowed" But can I still post the hack, and not have an available download, until it is completed?

Oh yeah I checked there, and literally the only rom hack on Wario Land 4 is a translation to spanish. I do have one question about submitting a hack there. I know they say, "Beta and alpha versions are now allowed" But can I still post the hack, and not have an available download, until it is completed?
There probably is, because I remember certain Sonic game hacks that were like that... but I wouldn't do it,
personally, because finding out that there weren't no DL links fuckin' pissed me off

Probably not. They likely want some sort of demo or download.

But it could make for a good news article or forum topic or something.

GrandioseSmartBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Back