The Overture

hell yeeuhhh

We just added a new job for game testers! After the level has been designed, these people can test play levels and look for glitches or bugs in the levels or zipping areas to get to secret rooms and back without issues. These people will test out one level at a time, since @shinespeciall will have a feature that exports one specific level. The only requirement is that you must be able to know how to play Wario Land 4 without playing it blindly and slowly. We recommend anyone who plays the game kind of quick and know how to sometimes zip. If you want to apply, either sign up in the google forms or join our discord server!

Two of the "joke" CDs you can look forward to hearing in the Sound Room (a lot of the other CDs, as you probably know, will be alternate tracks for the various stage themes).

plus! a bonus! The replacement for the Sound Room's drum loop.

well, there's your paycheck, anyway

Attachments

• ASMRded.mp3
    903.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Lo-Fi_Wario_Guy.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 313
  • Break_Beat_Waa.mp3
    131.6 KB · Views: 277
I made a new version of Fury Rock for the OST. This one features a much more thoroughly altered version of the base track, and as a whole sound a hell of a lot different. One version features extra effects, one of them doesn't.
Thinking about updating the SoundCloud upload with one of these, what do y'all think?

Update: I now have completed the .mid for it, here's the SynthFont output.

Attachments

• Friery Cavorn_3.mp3
    835.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Friery Cavorn_3 (No FX).mp3
    835.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Friery_Cavorn.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Thinking of joining, but I'm not really sure what I could add to the project, if that makes sense.
I could playtest?
I mean, I love coding, but am not exactly familiar with WL4's levels...

Thinking of joining, but I'm not really sure what I could add to the project, if that makes sense.
I could playtest?
I mean, I love coding, but am not exactly familiar with WL4's levels...
Since play testing doesn't require a lot, that can work. But at this moment in time, you won't be doing too much until there is some sort of development with the level design. In your scenario, I would play one full game of Wario Land 4, then decide

That story sounded really good! I'll have to try this when a release comes out! :D
If you're interested in finding out any updates, you should join the discord server! Love to have you be part of the discussion! You can also share your ideas around there too! Blueprints for levels, music to have, etc

Since play testing doesn't require a lot, that can work. But at this moment in time, you won't be doing too much until there is some sort of development with the level design. In your scenario, I would play one full game of Wario Land 4, then decide

I've applied! I'm a good chunk of the way through WL4, the game is growing on me, I think I'm ready.

Just want to know: Would it be possible to make actually challenging versions of the game's bosses?

Particularly an even creepier and more undead version of Cuckoo Condor?

Or a Golden Diva that actually puts up a final-boss-worthy fight?

Just want to know: Would it be possible to make actually challenging versions of the game's bosses?

woah there pard, this is my scratchin' ground :S3:
am i gonna have to start pounding my chest to assert dominance :pumpit:

Yes, this has been confirmed that we will have more challenging boss battles. As for the music, I think all the regular bosses have one song and not a separate song, except the Golden Diva. I like your concept music compositions. Would it be possible if you can join the discord and we can create alternative tracks?

Also, I just would like to mention that turning the Domino Row theme Japanese Chinese was an awesome idea on my part, but what about the level?

Perhaps it would become something along the lines of "Toy Block Tower and the original Domino Row fused together", I suppose?

Also, I just would like to mention that turning the Domino Row theme Japanese Chinese was an awesome idea on my part, but what about the level?

Perhaps it would become something along the lines of "Toy Block Tower and the original Domino Row fused together", I suppose?

Can this be...? A mashup that actually sounds good!

It's finally Village:: here

Sorry if the song choice doesn't live up to whatever amount of hype you may have had for whatever CMV was going to be, but let's face it, there is literally no living up to the original. Period. So I figured 'may as well suck it up and pick something'. Fast-forward by a little less than a month, and here we are. You can read the description on the SC page for the full project notes, JAWF.

Back