Wario Land references in the WarioWare series?

Lemme guess! Kenny figurine? >w<
Indeed it is, good guess man:).
On the subject of the basketball microgame, I agree that they should have made a full on Wario land 2 microgame, but I don't think they had any kind of reference in mind when they made it and whe are the only ones who draw the conection...

This one has Wario's signature ground pound.
Float_Your_Boat.png

Did we mention this one yet? Wario is using his charge to break through walls and he's actually hunting for treasure.
Loot_Scoot.png

You know what the funny thing is?
This isn't even the only time the charge appears:

Wario-Man_AMIO.png

This artwork is from DIY showcase and most of his microgames in that game have
him hunting for treasure...
So does Sakurai hate the platformers THAT much, that he has to erase all of their elements that carried over Ware as well...

Speaking of Wario Man and the charge attack...
You know what's sad?
Wario's final smash in Brawl actually turned his side smash (the low range shoulder ram) into the charge attack it should've been. Whenever I was Wario Man I would just keep pressing the C-stick left and right and charge all over the place.
But of course, now that his shoulder ram is gone completely we can't even do that anymore. TT-TT

Speaking of Wario Man and the charge attack...
You know what's sad?
Wario's final smash in Brawl actually turned his side smash (the low range shoulder ram) into the charge attack it should've been. Whenever I was Wario Man I would just keep pressing the C-stick left and right and charge all over the place.
But of course, now that his shoulder ram is gone completely we can't even do that anymore. TT-TT
It's really unbealiaveble how removing one specific move, can make his Brawl moveset look okay, in hindsight...

Oh wow, those are some pretty neat finds! Certainly ones few people would figure out on their own.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Maybe not an outright reference, but still notable, you guys remember those things from Wario Land 4's minigame select?

WL4-Game_Bots.PNG

Well, Jimmy's three stages in Mega Microgame$ are in the style of cell phones which use the same colors:
545788-warioware-inc-mega-microgames-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png

Again, probably not a real reference, but still interesting to note.

In WW: Touched, there is a microgame in Wario Man's level where you have to slice a pizza.
If you clear it a the 3rd level, there is a picture of Fat Wario eating pizza on the plate.

Sorry, no picture of Fat Wario himself.

Some develepers can't seem to apreciate that fact ( Sakurai, I'm looking at you buddy)...
It's not because Sakurai (or the Smash team, or whoever) hates Wario Land, but because Nintendo hates it. (for lack of better term)

Most of what goes into Smash is still mostly approved by the original teams behind the original games. The WarioWare team has completely forgotten all about Wario Land as it is, so all the Smash team is doing is merely following instructions.

Last edited:
Back