Wario series cosplay

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
So yeah, every series/fanbase has some lunatics who pretend to be their favourite characters, right? So what's the Wario fanbase situation when it comes to cosplay of the characters?

I was bored and looked it up (just in Google) to see what came up when you typed in 'cosplay' for each Wario sub series. The results?

Wario Land: Not much, for whatever reason (perhaps we're too sane?). A couple of people went to conventions as Wario in his traditional outfit, but there was pretty much no cosplay at all of any more minor characters in the series. Possibly because they're not human like enough for it to be reasonable, the only 'human' characters of note in the franchise are Captain Syrup, Princess Shokora and that queen from Wario Land Shake It, with only Rudy, Mad Sciencestein and the professor from Wario Land 4 being humanoid enough to pull off convincingly (assuming you're human and not some sort of alien space robot).

WarioWare: Stuff actually comes up, surprisingly enough. It consists of the following:

1. A fair few mediocre cosplay attempts at Wario (in biker gear) and Mona
  2. About five hundred bad attempts at cosplaying Ashley.
  3. Other, random, absolutely insanely creepy stuff.
Picture:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67216205/wariowarecosplay.png

It's... kind of disturbing. Especially given how there's at least three sites out there which decided that remaking Ashley's entire wardrobe was just such a good idea and then failed miserably at the quality control side.

Wario World: Nothing, as far as I can tell (Google's awful when it comes to searching for fan stuff based on this game, because the name brings up everything from every other Wario game under the sun). Which might be fortunate, given that the bosses were creepy enough in 3D model form, even without some convention goer attempting to pass themselves off as one of them. I mean, can you imagine the horror of someone trying to impersonate the Mean Emcee?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...o4GoBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1439&bih=869&dpr=1

Wario Master of Disguise: Nothing, as far as I can tell. Although it did bring up an awful lot of completely random image results that make you wonder what the hell Google was smoking when it displayed the page. Seriously, it's so random you wonder whether they hit the random buttons on DeviantArt, Pinterest and Tumblr (at the same time) and shoved the results into a blender.

wtf.png

Above: What the hell do Wario, Pyramid Head, someone from Ace Attorney, anime characters and Brave have him common?

Ah well. The game actually managed to have the main villain cosplay as Princess Peach, so that's something. And hey, she even LOOKS like your average terrible cosplayer at Comic Con or whatever:

Terrormisu.PNG

Above: What half the worlds Princess Peach cosplayers probably look like.

So yeah, that was the situation of Wario series cosplay. Not sure whether to be disturbed (by some of the incredibly stupid stuff that comes up) or somewhat relieved (by the fact that NSFW content is fortunately non existent for this franchise).

Jesus christ, that Kat cosplay...

https://dl.www.dropboxusercontent.com/u/fxr624ums3xn9f6/image1.jpg

God help us!

Wario Land: Not much, for whatever reason (perhaps we're too sane?). A couple of people went to conventions as Wario in his traditional outfit, but there was pretty much no cosplay at all of any more minor characters in the series. Possibly because they're not human like enough for it to be reasonable, the only 'human' characters of note in the franchise are Captain Syrup, Princess Shokora and that queen from Wario Land Shake It, with only Rudy, Mad Sciencestein and the professor from Wario Land 4 being humanoid enough to pull off convincingly (assuming you're human and not some sort of alien space robot).

I've seen some WarioLand cosplay on the Internet like some Vampire Wario cosplays and a cosplay of someone being as Wario and putting a bucket in Mario's head but it's been a long time ago.

Jesus christ, that Kat cosplay...

https://dl.www.dropboxusercontent.com/u/fxr624ums3xn9f6/image1.jpg

God help us!

I've seen some WarioLand cosplay on the Internet like some Vampire Wario cosplays and a cosplay of someone being as Wario and putting a bucket in Mario's head but it's been a long time ago.

Yeah, that cosplay was just plain freakish. Seriously, it's almost like some of the bosses in Wario World on the 'oh god this looks wrong' level.

And Mario and Wario cosplay exists? I'd honestly be interested to see a link to that, if only because it's the weirdest game to cosplay of characters from ever.

The heck? And why is Wario a woman?!

I'm just... Speechless.

The former seems to be a trend in a lot of cosplay. Seems it attracts more women than men, for reasons I can't quite figure out. Which isn't really that good when it comes to cosplay of Wario himself, since he's... a lot closer to one of his male fans in terms of appearance than his female ones...

Back