WarioWare Tooned! (EPISODE 7 PTS. 1 & 2 NOW ONLINE)

Behonkiss

Wario Fan Supreme
UPDATE: Pt. 1 of Episode 7 is now online!

As is Pt. 2!

Pt. 3 is finally done!

I've been a fan of the WarioWare series since day one, and almost a decade ago, I decided to venture into the crazy world of Flash animation by starting a fan series based off of its colorful cast. Five two-part episodes were released from 2005 to 2007, after which I took a long break from the series to focus on school, work, and various real-life things. I always wanted to return to the series with the stuff I learned during the break, and made the first part of the sixth episode last year, before shelving the second half due to dissatisfaction with the script and the desire to rework the series a bit more.

Now that I've made the jump to Toon Boom for animation and have the script done and voices recorded, I can confirm that WarioWare Tooned 7 is on the way! The episode will revolve around Wario retelling the story of his initial move from the Mushroom Kingdom to Diamond City, and how he met the crazy group of microgame developers we all know and love.

Compared to previous episodes, this will boast sharper writing, drastically improved and reworked character designs, some new voices, and plenty of in-jokes for longtime Wario and Nintendo fans. For now, I'll post the finished character designs and links to the old episodes. I'd honestly recommend you start with the more recent ones and work your way backwards, as the early episodes were my first attempts at making my own animated shorts while I was still in high school, and things generally start seeing improvement around episode 3. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the series, as I do plan to make more episodes after 7, feel free to post them!

IS6hYS0.jpg

Behonkiss's Movies

Last edited:
Oh wow, I remember this series! I think I saw something about it on DeviantArt before.

But yeah, can't wait to see the new episode. It's not official, but hey, I guess it's the closest thing we'll get to a real WarioWare TV series.

woah man, I remember coming across one of these when I was 12 years old and barely litterate in English (it was the one that starts with Kat & Ana watching Ashley cook something...)

How painful (or painless) was switching from Flash to Toon Boom?

Glowsquid: It's hard to tell right now, since I'm more in the process of revamping characters and drawing storyboards and backgrounds in my sketchbook than doing full-on animation yet, but Toon Boom itself hasn't been super frustrating so far. It also seems to have better features than Flash at certain points, most notably automatic lip sync and a camera feature (In Flash, you just have to drag every element around manually for that).

607: You can watch them in whatever order you want. I just thought that Episode 1 & 2's lower quality might scare you off from watching the rest. And I rated the first episode Teen because, being a stupid highschooler, I had Dribble call someone an a**hole thinking it was funny. There's nothing else objectionable in the rest of the series.

Been getting back on track lately! Working on getting a trailer for the new episode up, along with the new opening and closing. I'll be uploading the episode in two halves like previous ones because of how long the whole thing is, and will probably do shorter stuff after that.

And for fun, here's a new revision for Ashley. I hit some problems with her imported Flash model that I couldn't figure out and redid most of her from scratch, fine-tuning her face, colors, and other factors in the process. The new version's on top.
CEqKq9H.jpg

So you make animations? I always wanted to animate but I'm no good with it, I wouldn't no where to start and above all else I wouldn't have the time to make one. I love how you draw Ashley, very clean.

I'll be honest, these toons leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth. All that Iwata bashing.
I was a dumb high schooler when I made those first couple, and obviously I regret the Iwata stuff now more than ever. I actually had planned to bring him back in the final episode in a more fair but still humorous manner, but that's not happening now. Just skip episodes 1 and 3 and you should be okay.

Say, are you going to include Rhythm Heaven characters in this by any chance?
The reporter girl from Fever will make a cameo in episode 7, actually! I'm already planning to incorporate characters from microgames in the backgrounds (Episode 6 has the couple from a Touched microgame reacting to Cricket yelling), but I might incorporate other RH characters if I think they fit.

Quick update! I'm hoping to get the prologue scene up on YouTube within a week as a sneak preview of the new look and voices, followed later on by the new theme before the first half of Episode 7.

Oh god I remember your wario ware show on newgrounds 10 years ago. Me and my brother actually watched it never thought I'd meet the creator, you're my hero. Also please bring back cyborg iwata.

Oh god I remember your wario ware show on newgrounds 10 years ago. Me and my brother actually watched it never thought I'd meet the creator, you're my hero. Also please bring back cyborg iwata.
Thanks for enjoying the show! And regarding Iwata, I initially had plans to bring him back for the final episode, and cancelled that idea after last year's tragedy, but have since come up with another approach that will allow him one more appearance without disrespecting him. That's all I'll say for now, though.

So how many episodes will there be? Do you know about that yet?

By the way, you're also more than welcome to implement any of my Wario Super Star ideas into another episode. At least if you can find a way to work them in, even in a minor capacity.

Last edited:
Back