WarioWare's Big Miss

Dangerous Duck

You'd better duck, too.
When WarioWare first rolled into town back in 2003 there was one painfully obvious opportunity they wasted with the supporting cast.
Early reviewers didn't know what to make of the random new characters surrounding Wario and some just assumed they were his new gang of crooked cronies involved in his little scam - peddling quick, cheap games to the public for mega buck$$$.

For someone raised on Wario Land this concept made far more sense than what we got, harbouring far more potential and relevance to Wario himself.
Think about it; a new sub-series involving Wario's major scams with a motley gang of demented, colourful cohorts (which he constantly double-crosses).
You had Mona, a sassy young law-breaker dripping in expensive furs, Crygor, an insane and devious inventor, 9-Volt, a bratty little misfit gamer out for extra pocket money...
With a few design and story tweaks these characters would have made sense to be in Wario's company. This series could have had a unique, shady, and deliciously diabolical theme within Nintendo, befitting of Wario and mocking the shadier aspects of the video games industry.

I still like some of the characters as they are, but I will always shed a tear in lament of what WarioWare's premise could have been: a Nintendo franchise starring a band of shady weirdos, crooks, and opportunists headed by Wario. What do you reckon, friends? I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

d2fij9e-8ffe3eb4-ac6f-4ce8-a88e-2c0786f971f9.jpg

Last edited:
While I love what we got in the end.
I would totally be down for a arguably more morally ambiguous crew.
It'll definitely make sense in regards to Wario and it'll tie well into the sort of gray morality that Wario Land had going for.

Last edited:
Even as a kid I always wondered what everyone saw in Wario to keep hanging around him and even help him on occasion. It's especially bizarre how they don't treat him any differently after he tried to hoard all of the profit for himself in the first game. Them all being crooks like Wario would've made more sense.

A crew that was more like Wario himself would indeed make more sense and unboubtedly be very funny, but I like the WarioWare crew as it is.
They are a bit strange and quirky yet funny, so all in all they aren't too different from Wario either.

A crew that was more like Wario himself would indeed make more sense and undoubtedly be very funny, but I like the WarioWare crew as it is.
They are a bit strange and quirky yet funny, so all in all they aren't too different from Wario either.
Yeah, but Wario has the qualities of a goldhearted gangster. There's definitely a disconnect.

Last edited:
Back