Weakest Wario Land Game?

Captain$yrup

Wario Fan Supreme
Out of the five games, which one do you like the least?

For me, Shake It! is the worst. This game just never really clicked with me. The soundtrack is forgettable and the gameplay too motion control focused. Shaking the money bags got old really fast! On paper, it sounds like it should be great, but it just isn't.

I can't imagine anyone picking anything anything other than Shake or Land 1 as their least favorite.

I have to put Shake It! in last too, but not by the same problems. I love the game, the problem I have with it is the gameplay being a lot different. You can't jump on enemies because Wario can't kick them around like in past games, and you can't "crouch slide" or whatever (B-dash and down). Plus, the sliding mechanics don't work so well. Aside from that, I love the soundtrack, maybe one of the more interesting ones to me, good visuals and I really like the motion controls, to be honest.

In order I will place:
1- Wario Land 4
2- Wario Land 3
3- Wario Land 2
4- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
5- Wario Land Shake It! (or The Shake Dimension, here in Europe...)

Reactions: 607
Probably Wario Land the Shake Dimension, since it was just too much like Wario Land 4... except more generic. It had some good ideas and great boss battles, but the rest of the game just doesn't stack up to its predecessor.

Then again, I feel like I can't really make a fair decision here, since I haven't played the Virtual Boy Wario Land game. Is that better, worse or as good as the others?

Then again, I feel like I can't really make a fair decision here, since I haven't played the Virtual Boy Wario Land game. Is that better, worse or as good as the others?

Virutal Boy Wario Land is better than the first Wario Land, in my opinion. The only problem: it's for the Virtual Boy...

Shake It/Shake Dimension easily. Although the visuals were some of the best on the Wii, I didn't like the lack of puzzles, one transformation (if memory serves), and the overall presentation not feeling very Wario-like.

Wario Land II , to be honest. (Yeah, I know, everyone will disagree with this.)
No. II is the game that created many of the Wario Land series' staple features. Arguably, Wario Land 3 and 4 did improve upon this formula, but it is still equal to them in fun.

it may even be better than 3 hue

I've only played part of the first WL, half of WL2 and never played 3. But I have completed 4 and Shake It! and from what I've played of the series, 4 is the best and the original is the least best. I found Shake It! far too beautiful and charming to put it any lower than 2 on my list. I mean, Wario has something like 400 different - hand drawn - animations? It's insane the polish that game has.

Probably Wario Land the Shake Dimension, since it was just too much like Wario Land 4... except more generic.
Haha, funny you describe it this way since they are my least and most favorite respectively. Shake It! is my least favorite since they ditched the transformation-based puzzles. Yes, I know the first and virtual boy entries didn't have this either, but I give those a pass since they were still finding their footing.

I also do not care much for the music. Not that it's terrible--there's just nothing memorable to me and doesn't seem to go along with the established Wario aesthetic. While it pains me to say this, as I know how much love went into it, I am not a fan of the art style.

While it pains me to say this, as I know how much love went into it, I am not a fan of the art style.

I'm glad soemone brought this up, because I always felt that way. The previous Wario Land games had a rough and thuggish aesthetic to them, which fit Wario's character. Shake It looks way too clean.

Back