What if you had no technology for a week?

Ninja_Cat

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
If you couldn't access the internet or use your phone or play any video games or watch TV for a week, what would you do in those days?

I'd probably walk a lot. Sounds strange maybe. Oh, and sleep. A lot. I'd probably socialize with people irl a bit more and learn a bit of Italian through a book. Those things would only cover a day. In the next 6 days, I'd likely be like this:

I wouldn't count books as technology.

Now that MonaWare mentions that, being bored out of my mind would perhaps cause me to look into learning the piano. I prefer the keyboard, but that requires power, so yeah.

Haha yeah Ninja_Cat should define technology, haha : p

And @Ninja_Cat well you could totally learn how to play on a normal acoustic piano, cuz when you can use technology again that will be useable on a keyboard : p You should totally learn how to play btw, would be a way fun hobby that you could take pride in. Also you can write your own music and start your own project.
Orrrr totally join with me and we can make our own band : p

oh wait, i do have a hacksaw! of sorts.
reminds me of when my friends made a metal crossbow at the end of my junior year. i used the scraps to make a slingshot with a mini stock.

Haha yeah Ninja_Cat should define technology, haha : p

And @Ninja_Cat well you could totally learn how to play on a normal acoustic piano, cuz when you can use technology again that will be useable on a keyboard : p You should totally learn how to play btw, would be a way fun hobby that you could take pride in. Also you can write your own music and start your own project.
Orrrr totally join with me and we can make our own band : p
Yeah, but pianos are really expensive and there's no way a piano would fit in my house. Haha yeah, that would be really cool. I always had an interest to learn favorite songs and maybe compose a couple that would work well in games. Just never had enough incentive to do so.

Ha! Clean up your act, Ninja. I just finished university, so I'm cleaning my bedroom/study today. I've already made good progress.
Yeah, I'm pretty behind others in life at the moment. :/ Actually, I honestly thought about cutting internet and video game use entirely for a while and have been thinking about it again. It actually gave me the idea of making this topic.

Yeah, I'm pretty behind others in life at the moment. :/ Actually, I honestly thought about cutting internet and video game use entirely for a while and have been thinking about it again. It actually gave me the idea of making this topic.

That's a novel idea to get your life back on the rails. Very few today would even consider such a thing. But you would be missed, Ninja!

I really doubt you're behind as much as I am, though. TEN years! Ahh... It's downright shameful, but that's what happens when you're lousy at managing life with no one to give you any direction.

That's a novel idea to get your life back on the rails. Very few today would even consider such a thing. But you would be missed, Ninja!

I really doubt you're behind as much as I am, though. TEN years! Ahh... It's downright shameful, but that's what happens when you're lousy at managing life with no one to give you any direction.

You're so kind, Angler.

I was left to sort life out on my own, but wasn't ready due to crippling anxiety. This forum actually gave me some motivation to help pick up on issues in my life, and if the next few weeks go well, the future should look positive. Anxiety is still killing me though.

I would say play piano but I'm not very good at reading sheet music which is why I learn through YouTube tutorials so that won't work... I also don't own an actual piano. So I'll stick with reading, writing, and drawing. That's basically what I do during power outages.

Also, does using a camera count as using technology?

Back