What if you had no technology for a week?

Sometimes I do feel like I need a week off from all the internet drivel. :S-_-: All the exasperating news stories... all the controversies, all the nontroversies... all the idiocy...
Sure would be nice to just ignore it all for a week and leave my electronics at home....
...but then I'd get no work done...

I'd spend all my time developing my fictional world, creating and designing new characters, thinking up stories and places and stuff... I just need pen and paper for that.

Man, I don't know the last time I took a real vacation...

Well i would probably go hiking, or perhaps hit up the boxing gym, a week is all the inspiration i need to get back into, and of course lose this sorta beer belly coming in. Probably On the other i may put in extra sleep. On the third hand i don't have i could work overtime because why wouldn't i. On that other fourth hand i definitely don't have i could spend extra time with either my friends, my wive or, my family. Kind of a hard choice really but i can't complain to have all these options.

Well i would probably go hiking, or perhaps hit up the boxing gym, a week is all the inspiration i need to get back into, and of course lose this sorta beer belly coming in. Probably On the other i may put in extra sleep. On the third hand i don't have i could work overtime because why wouldn't i. On that other fourth hand i definitely don't have i could spend extra time with either my friends, my wive or, my family. Kind of a hard choice really but i can't complain to have all these options.
lol everyone else: THAT MANY OPTIONS!?
me (not to be mocking): YOU HAVE A BIG FAMILY!?
you really do have plenty of options.

I noticed that when I have no internet access for a few days, I start to work on something I've been holding out on for ages. It might be time for me to intentionally go a week without internet and video games soon.

I noticed that when I have no internet access for a few days, I start to work on something I've been holding out on for ages. It might be time for me to intentionally go a week without internet and video games soon.
i would as well if i didnt need the internet to research and reference literally everything :p
thats frankly why i was getting really pissy yesterday.

In exactly one week I'll be taking a trip where there is no internet connection, so I'll be able to focus my powers of creativity. I'll only be gone for a week or so, but it will be restful to get back to my roots.
Haha, I'm also going somewhere in around 8 days, except I'm going for 3 days. I think after my trip, I'll spend the next few days without internet and it will make a week then. Where are you going?

Haha, I'm also going somewhere in around 8 days, except I'm going for 3 days. I think after my trip, I'll spend the next few days without internet and it will make a week then. Where are you going?

Oh, just to an old holiday home my family has, by a lake in the wilderness. I've been going there since I was a kid, and it's extremely peaceful. No phones, no fax machines, no internet, no worries.

What about you then, Ninja? Where are your travels taking you?

Ok, who added "grapes"?

Oh, just to an old holiday home my family has, by a lake in the wilderness. I've been going there since I was a kid, and it's extremely peaceful. No phones, no fax machines, no internet, no worries.

What about you then, Ninja? Where are your travels taking you?
Sounds interesting, the lack of technology sounds painful when used to it, but it sounds like you'd really enjoy yourself.

I'm going to Hungary on 14th November. There's internet cafes, but I'll be avoiding them while there.

Back