What kinds of Wario Land references can we expect in the next Mario Kart game?

Frediculous

Diamond City Dweller
Coins
Coins
Has the Mario Kart series ever had any Wario Land references? I can't think of any, besides Wario's Car in Double Dash. If that's true, then probably none going by the past games.

TB100

Random guy just chillin.
Coins
Coins
Has the Mario Kart series ever had any Wario Land references? I can't think of any, besides Wario's Car in Double Dash. If that's true, then probably none going by the past games.
Wario's Shipyard was a bit of a reference of sorts to the first two Wario Land games,
The pirate theming, the music track having some minor Wario Land influence,

And a cameo of Bull Wario
M42IPgsx2oQVrjj8vhsIcKDBX4P1bgvwFn2utRFdOsfQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

It's not obivous like DKC and DK Island, but the track does have a very Wario Land vibe.
And it's probably the closest to a Wario Land based track we have in the Mario Kart series. (Even if it's not directly based on anything from Wario Land.)

Last edited:

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
If we're lucky, some sort of background/musical reference like in Wario Shipyard. If we're even luckier than that, we'll get a Wario Land themed track, though given Diamond City only appeared in the arcade games, it seems spinoffs aren't high on Nintendo's priority list there. And unfortunately, the chances of a Wario Land character in Mario Kart is virtually nill, regardless of how much Captain Syrup would be neat to see in a Mario sports title.

Coins
Coins
Wario's Shipyard was a bit of a reference of sorts to the first two Wario Land games,
The pirate theming, the music track having some minor Wario Land influence,

And a cameo of Bull Wario
Some minor Wario Land influence?? It's actually got obvious references, and for a track that still has to fit for Mario Kart 7, a lot of influence. :o Thanks for sharing, I didn't know about that!