What makes Wario(Character/Games) So well?

hubworld23

Wario Fan Supreme
So your probably wondering How did they do it...? How??? Did Nintendo make Such an Unlikeable Greedy Prick! So freaking Fun!?
I always wonder how they do it... Hmm... So that is why I'm gonna look for answers with your help of course... So I want you guys to tell me on what made or Makes Wario work so well not only as a Character but also as a franchise as A whole! Take your time there is no rush!:)

Ah, Wario.

As for Wario himself, his personality is enough. Expressions are funny, his grotesque is stinky, his shape chunky, but his body suprisingly manly and sexy.

For WarioLand, what worked is how it's completely opposite from Mario games and how new that type of story is. Instead of saving others, you are after your own desires. Instead of being afraid of enemies, and taking damage touching them, enemies are afraid of you, and enemies simply bump into you. It is such a revolutionary idea.

WarioWare is also a revolutionary idea. Having a game about multiple ever changing games... there is a lot to talk it. But I won't get into it.

Ah, Wario.

As for Wario himself, his personality is enough. Expressions are funny, his grotesque is stinky, his shape chunky, but his body suprisingly manly and sexy.

For WarioLand, what worked is how it's completely opposite from Mario games and how new that type of story is. Instead of saving others, you are after your own desires. Instead of being afraid of enemies, and taking damage touching them, enemies are afraid of you, and enemies simply bump into you. It is such a revolutionary idea.

WarioWare is also a revolutionary idea. Having a game about multiple ever changing games... there is a lot to talk it. But I won't get into it.
Those are some solid observations you made there.

Ah, Wario.

Heh, You could say that Again... Not only is his Series is Even More Unique Compared to Mario's With an Exception A.K.A The Rpg's... (PM/M&L) His Series Has A Buttload Of charm, Wackier Characters And A WAHderful Series Of Games that you'll be playing for Hours! I'd Personally love to See Wario get back on his feet going On Another Adventure just like in the good O'l Days... But Him in The RPG games would be nice too!;)

That's all alphadream needed to do. A M&L game with Wario and Waluigi. It was the obvious step. *Cries* I miss alphadream.
Same Rip Alphadream... But Nintendo technically still owns the right to the Series so we will just have to wait and see... Now, I know the series is Called Mario and Luigi because it stars the Bros... But hear is the thing You can do so Much with them So I do Agree that having Wario And Waluigi be the Stars would be kinda the logical step for the two Palooka's But what could the story be though it worked for bowser in BIS and It was pretty Solid! It gave A New Side to the Koopa King that we never had seen Before...

Same Rip Alphadream... But Nintendo technically still owns the right to the Series so we will just have to wait and see... Now, I know the series is Called Mario and Luigi because it stars the Bros... But hear is the thing You can do so Much with them So I do Agree that having Wario And Waluigi be the Stars would be kinda the logical step for the two Palooka's But what could the story be though it worked for bowser in BIS and It was pretty Solid! It gave A New Side to the Koopa King that we never had seen Before...
We woud get more knowledge on who Waluigi is as a character, so that's a plus.
I would imagine the story and gameplay structure would be similar to how BIS works... switching between each set of bros. And perhaps all the bros team up at certain points, like when they form truces or something. Dodging would have a lot more complexity if you used all buttons. A for Mario, L for Luigi, X for Wario, Y for Waluigi.

We woud get more knowledge on who Waluigi is as a character, so that's a plus.
I would imagine the story and gameplay structure would be similar to how BIS works... switching between each set of bros. And perhaps all the bros team up at certain points, like when they form truces or something. Dodging would have a lot more complexity if you used all buttons. A for Mario, L for Luigi, X for Wario, Y for Waluigi.
Interesting... But doesn't The Green Thunder Control with "B" Why L Just wondering is All... I could see Waluigi kind of the brains out of the Wario Bros. he'd be the Luigi pretty Much...

Part of it is the appeal of being the badass that can beat up/stomp anything, which makes Wario games feel like you're playing as a boss or main antagonist rather than some wimpy hero that's outmatched by his enemies. Mario, Luigi, and many other video game protagonists are the underdog in their story, being weaker and more fragile than many of the foes they go up against. Wario is the complete opposite. He's pretty much objectively more powerful/durable than anyone else in the world, and he knows it.

As for how he's kept likable... well in two ways:

1. He's funny. He gets set on fire, stung, frozen solid, etc for his powerup equivalents, attacks like a goofball towards the other characters and gets thrown into enough ridiculous situations that you end up wanting to laugh with him, not find him annoying or obnoxious.

2. The villains in the series are always worse people than Wario himself. This isn't exactly uncommon with stories featuring villain protagonists or anti heroes (there's a reason Bowser and Bowser Jr's quests in the Mario & Luigi series have them going against other villains, and why the likes of the Punisher go after horrendous scumbags rather than random shoplifters or street thugs), but it keeps people rooting for Wario none the less, since the villains are always much less sympathetic/likable by comparison. Few people are gonna be rooting for Rudy, the Golden Diva, the Black Jewel, Terrormisu or the Shake King.

Part of it is the appeal of being the badass that can beat up/stomp anything, which makes Wario games feel like you're playing as a boss or main antagonist rather than some wimpy hero that's outmatched by his enemies. Mario, Luigi, and many other video game protagonists are the underdog in their story, being weaker and more fragile than many of the foes they go up against. Wario is the complete opposite. He's pretty much objectively more powerful/durable than anyone else in the world, and he knows it.

As for how he's kept likable... well in two ways:

1. He's funny. He gets set on fire, stung, frozen solid, etc for his powerup equivalents, attacks like a goofball towards the other characters and gets thrown into enough ridiculous situations that you end up wanting to laugh with him, not find him annoying or obnoxious.

2. The villains in the series are always worse people than Wario himself. This isn't exactly uncommon with stories featuring villain protagonists or anti heroes (there's a reason Bowser and Bowser Jr's quests in the Mario & Luigi series have them going against other villains, and why the likes of the Punisher go after horrendous scumbags rather than random shoplifters or street thugs), but it keeps people rooting for Wario none the less, since the villains are always much less sympathetic/likable by comparison. Few people are gonna be rooting for Rudy, the Golden Diva, the Black Jewel, Terrormisu or the Shake King.
All too True... Now as for Mario I do like Big Red but here is the thing they have to step up his character so he could be way more interesting as a character... I'd suggest give hive him Even more backstory or some kind of Extention to his Character I mean Hell, If Wario, Bowser, Luigi can get Developments then why not Mario Himself...? Also, Do you think Wario should get a brand new game on the Switch?

Of course Wario should get a new game on the Switch. Ideally two of them, with a new Wario Land and new WarioWare game both being announced soon.

Of course Wario should get a new game on the Switch. Ideally two of them, with a new Wario Land and new WarioWare game both being announced soon.
That would be the definition of a dream come true. Hopefully WarioWare Gold showed Nintendo that people still have interest in the franchise. Veremos.

But he's not scared one bit.

That's true, sure. But when you think of it, video game protagonists in general have to face things that are much, much more frightening, dangerous, and sometimes outright nightmarish than your average character has to do.
Look at Mario for example: He fights a gigantic fire-breathing monster turtle above a lava pool, and he's still as happy as always, not scared even one bit. The same can be said for pretty much any video game character; no matter how much of a monstrosic abomination an enemy is, he / she will take it down like it's all just part of a 9-to-5 job.

WarioWare can wait. We already had one only 2 years back, and I don't think there will be another soon. As for Wario Land: yes, of course there should be a Wario Land game for Switch. It's possibly the best platform a WL game can possibly have.

That's true, sure. But when you think of it, video game protagonists in general have to face things that are much, much more frightening, dangerous, and sometimes outright nightmarish than your average character has to do.
Look at Mario for example: He fights a gigantic fire-breathing monster turtle above a lava pool, and he's still as happy as always, not scared even one bit. The same can be said for pretty much any video game character; no matter how much of a monstrosic abomination an enemy is, he / she will take it down like it's all just part of a 9-to-5 job.

WarioWare can wait. We already had one only 2 years back, and I don't think there will be another soon. As for Wario Land: yes, of course there should be a Wario Land game for Switch. It's possibly the best platform a WL game can possibly have.
I personally think for the Next WL Game... Have Mario join Wario's Next Adventure... Not to mention it gives us maybe some Development for Mario & Wario while doing A Classic Straight Man Funny Man Dynamic...

Back