What music are you listening to right now?

(I still need to check out that Devo album : /)

And I actually love Ween, but I dont like that song so much : p I actually learned the bass line on Dont Laugh I Love You though : p Is a way fun song : p
(Hate that album cover btw : p )

I love this guy- (Bassist from Pinback about his solo band)

He has such a cool attitude and personality. Hes way neat : p A great musician too, would like to be able to write like he does.
(Also he has the best voice, haha its gret : p )

Ween is fantastic glad you love them, hah yeah that song I just kind of think it's one of ween's more comedic songs if that makes sense. I only really don't like ween's country golden album since it's a country album and I dislike country. It's fine just check out Devo whenever ya can!

Man the bassist is so chill, love how he just writes music just for pure enjoyment which tells me a lot. He just seems very enjoyable to be playing with Pinback back than and to go on as a solo artist as well.

Haha, yeah Ween is a pretty comedic band : p (I like the songs they had on Spongebob : p ) Hes a way talented musician too, some of his songs are really awesome. Have you heard their live in Chicago album? You should totally check it out if you can, its probly my favorite album of theirs just because of how awesome they played, believe it or not.

Ive never heard of their golden album, haha country though, can see him doing a country album yeah : p I like most of their stuff though, theyre great. And haha, I love it when he has that fake applauding in his music : p I love that in his studio recording of Take Me Away, especially when he thanks the fake applauding : p
Was nervous about listening to that song though, the issues with Israel are sorta close to my heart. Was a cool song, though Im not really sure if there was any meaning behind the song or not : p So Im not currently sure if I like it or not : p

And yeah, hes way cool and mellow and junk. A way cool personality. And yeah, he really seems to play music merely for the fact that he just genuinely loves music, I know they arent real big and famous, and they dont make that much money off it, too : p I really like him. He plays with Pinback (its what hes mostly known for), has his own band- Systems Officer and he also plays with another group called Three Mile Pilot, a band I have actually not heard yet. I like his approach to music too, he defines his writing style as "pretty but brooding" and doesnt like his music to get "too pretty" : p

Haha yes ween's pretty funny and the song you are thinking about is ocean man which did debut as the ending credits for the spongebob movie. Have not heard their live album yet and when I can find it I'll definitely check it out. Yeah their country album is called 12 golden country greats. If you're into country you'll like it but if you're like me you're definitely not gonna enjoy it, same here usually their stuff is enjoyable. Oh Israel song of theirs hit close to home? About it having a specific meaning I'm not entirely certain either since well the song sort of makes me think of what has been happening overseas in the middle east but I guess that's left to interpretation.

I'll check those songs out from Pinback as well. Infact if it wasn't for you or this thread I would have never known about them. They're very chill and love the bassists voice as well it works with the other band members playing their instruments and such.

Checked out the bassist from Pinback's solo band today, theyre really good, haha : p I like them a ton.

I like them better than Pinback in some ways. The bassist is the writer of all the music in this band. I guess Pinback is done for though ; _ ; Apparently his guitarist friend has decided to leave music.

Nice sample song of the solo's work on his own band it's very easy to listen too and quite chill. Even if Pinback is no more there'll still be some of these other musicians from said band to go on and preform if it ever is the case. Perhaps even in the distant future to come back with a reunion it isn't that rare for reunions to happen with long term bands.

Haha, Ive coome to associate Phil Collins with cheesy keyboards : p Ive never heard that song ever before, though. Is Phil Collins a Christian?
My friend and I like to playfully make fun of him, though : p I remember this one day, we were driving around in his car, and like every radio station that day was playing Phil Collins songs, so we called that day "Phil Collins Day", and the other day we went to the game store together and they started playing Phil Collins, so he looked at me and said "Happy Phil Collins Day!", haha made me laugh : p
That was a cool song, though. Much better than that freaking "I can feel it coming in the air tonight" song : p (Ive heard that song too many times : p ) But it was way cool, and rocking too. Hes a good drummer.

I just found this right just now, and Im way excited, haha. So being the independant artist he is, he and his band actually made their own music video with a camcorder : p Haha its way great, Ive watched it like 5 times now : p

Even includes his wife and child : p

Haha, Ive coome to associate Phil Collins with cheesy keyboards : p Ive never heard that song ever before, though. Is Phil Collins a Christian?
My friend and I like to playfully make fun of him, though : p I remember this one day, we were driving around in his car, and like every radio station that day was playing Phil Collins songs, so we called that day "Phil Collins Day", and the other day we went to the game store together and they started playing Phil Collins, so he looked at me and said "Happy Phil Collins Day!", haha made me laugh : p
That was a cool song, though. Much better than that freaking "I can feel it coming in the air tonight" song : p (Ive heard that song too many times : p ) But it was way cool, and rocking too. Hes a good drummer.

I just found this right just now, and Im way excited, haha. So being the independant artist he is, he and his band actually made their own music video with a camcorder : p Haha its way great, Ive watched it like 5 times now : p

Even includes his wife and child : p

Oh yes! Those are smooth grooves! ;)

This is my style of music no doubt!

Actually a lot of Collins' work after the departure of their lead Peter Gabriel's he took a more popish route with genesis. The band started as a prog band just like yes and king crimson and during the 80s things took a more pop outlook for the band. Phil Collins not sure if he's a Christian or not but the meaning behind the song is about " practicing what you preach " This song is from we can't dance album a lot of songs are like that hah. Phil Collins day huh? hah how funny.

This next Pinback song is quite nice as well, the way it's recorder purely with a camcorder makes me think of movies like blair witch project or found films which is amazing. This song is very easy to listen too. Keep bringing on that Pinback goodness. Though I'd like to to know meaning behind the song if so, " don't believe in you don't believe it true. " sounds like some one's been very unhappy with a significant other.

Oh yes! Those are smooth grooves! ;)

This is my style of music no doubt!

Haha, yeah Zach Smith "Armistead Burwell Smith" has a really cool take on music that I really like. He calls his style "pretty but brooding" which I kinda like. He has a good sense of harmonies and rich instrumentals that I love, and theres a simplicity to it, his playing isnt real simple but his style is : p Hes definitely my favorite. Its both flowing and pretty and melodic and also has that poppy-ness to it, with all the hooks and patterns that people seem to like : p

He has three bands that I know of, thats his solo band, Systems Officer. He wrote all their music (with his band mates contributing to his music of course). He also formed Pinback with Rob Crowe, a guitarist who has done alot too, with bands such as Deftones. He and Rob wrote the music together in Pinback, so he had a huge influence on their music too. And he has anoither band called Three Mile Pilot. I dont think he has much influence with them, I think he is only responsible for his bass lines in their songs. Theyre okay too, but I dont like them as much as Pinback or Systems Officer : p They have a more like 80s new wave sound, which isnt bad. But it doesnt feel as natural as the others. Also I dont like their singer at all : p

Actually a lot of Collins' work after the departure of their lead Peter Gabriel's he took a more popish route with genesis. The band started as a prog band just like yes and king crimson and during the 80s things took a more pop outlook for the band. Phil Collins not sure if he's a Christian or not but the meaning behind the song is about " practicing what you preach " This song is from we can't dance album a lot of songs are like that hah. Phil Collins day huh? hah how funny.

This next Pinback song is quite nice as well, the way it's recorder purely with a camcorder makes me think of movies like blair witch project or found films which is amazing. This song is very easy to listen too. Keep bringing on that Pinback goodness. Though I'd like to to know meaning behind the song if so, " don't believe in you don't believe it true. " sounds like some one's been very unhappy with a significant other.

Oh, I always figured Peter left after Phil, haha : p I actually like some of Peter Gabriels songs, though. Shock the Monkey and I think War Games? But those were cool songs.
And haha yeah Genesis does feel poppy, yeah : p I generally always associate Genesis with Phil Collins : p I may not have even heard them when Peter lead the band, actually. Practicing what you preach, huh? Id like to know what exactly he was referring to : p

And haha, that song, man that was flowery : p Lot of sprinkling piano and everything : p Is that Phil on keyboard? He sure is a positive person, wow : p Neat song though, definitely had a good flow that catches your attention.

Haha yeah, I guess it is filmed like a lost footage film : p (I love those btw : p ) And yeah, its a way simple melody but its way cool, feels empowering to me : p Like I can do anything haha. And yeah I was wondering that too. I mean hes currently married and seems happy, so I dont think its about his wife. I almost wondered if it was about his band mate from Pinback, cuz he burned the piece of paper, wondering if it was like lyrics or something they did. But it seems like they split on good terms.
I heard that Systems Officer started with music he wrote during Pinbacks time that they didnt use, though. So the song could be from years ago : p Maybe it was about a significant other he had at the time that didnt work out or something : p

Oh, I always figured Peter left after Phil, haha : p I actually like some of Peter Gabriels songs, though. Shock the Monkey and I think War Games? But those were cool songs.

Afterwards as you mentioned with his two songs Peter went on to be a solo artist, although he initially left because at that time he was already a father and wanted to take care of his kid. Then he became a solo artist with stuff like shock the monkey, in your eyes, solsbury hill.

And haha yeah Genesis does feel poppy, yeah : p I generally always associate Genesis with Phil Collins : p I may not have even heard them when Peter lead the band, actually. Practicing what you preach, huh? Id like to know what exactly he was referring to : p
And haha, that song, man that was flowery : p Lot of sprinkling piano and everything : p Is that Phil on keyboard? He sure is a positive person, wow : p Neat song though, definitely had a good flow that catches your attention.

Also the one on keyboard is Tony Banks, he usually is on keyboard through the history of Genesis, and if you'd like to hear how they sounded when Peter was lead I'll link you an album. Peter Gabriels is both lead singer and on the drums as he would go on after Peter's departure. " Practicing what you preach " could be like hypocrites such as you know how in certain religions like in Christianity there's love everyone equally but then when there's something taboo atleast according to certain crazed religious people, mind I'm not saying all religious people are like this only crazed ones would bat and eye at homosexual relationships even though they are suppose to treat people equally.

Back