What should the story be for the next WarioLand game.

Garbon

Really wants a new WarioLand game.
I have always wondered what the story for the next WarioLand game may be, and I'm sure some of you have as well. Share your story ideas here.

I've largely ignored revising the plot since last time but i posted something awhile back, here .
That should safe me plenty of minutes typing. Now for the new ideas.
All i got is this
Wario was just relaxing in his house when he realizes he blew through most of his money on garlic flavored foods after some good sales on his microgames. It then occurs to him that he got lazy by just doing microgames and hasn't been out treasure hunting in a long time. He goes on the internet to look up some legends about treasures and find that across the ocean there is an archipelago. Each island has a temple with a piece of a big valuable gem inside. So he gets the ol' Bull Dog out and flies to the archipelago to get rich.

As for the end, Wario gets all the giant gem shards and an island in the middle of the other islands rises from the depths of the sea. Throughout the game there would be hints of an old civilization on each island. There would even be ghosts of soldiers with spear as enemies (Ghost versions of spear gooms perhaps, haven't planned out all the enemies and what not.). When Wario breaks into the temples it angers the old gods that the people worshiped so the island rises and the gem is somehow (probably magic) taken to the top of that island where the gods have provided some final challenges for Wario to overcome then Wario's gotta fight the big man himself for his gem and then Wario makes off with the gem.

The ending much like previous games is determined by money and treasure that you get throughout the game. You see after Wario won the fight the god bows down and hands him the gem out of respect, Turns out that was a trick. He took the real gem straight to heaven after Wario assembled it and Wario was handed a fake gem worth one coin (1 coin is jokingly added to your net worth before the ending is determined. This means that Wario must rely on what he found on the island.

I have not come up with treasure requirements for the ending other than Rank S needs all treasures and 99,999 coins and Rank F is a secret ending requiring 0 treasure whatsoever

Rank F ending: Wario comes home empty handed and says something like "Wahhh~ How rotten". After brooding for a bit he goes inside and eats a sandwich or something.

Rank E ending: Wario's bag is pretty shallow but he has *something* in there. He adds the money to his stash and throws his arms up in defeat with a face that says "Doh, i'll get it next time"

Rank D ending: Its like the rank E one but the bag isn't totally shallow and Wario is somewhat pleased he has more treasure

Rank C ending: Wario arrives with a larger money bag and laughs to himself as he adds the treasure to his stash. Like all the other endings except the S Rank one there's a try again screen after the credits so despite this ending being pretty good you would at least be inclined to find out how much better it gets

Rank B ending: Wario makes it home but instead of carrying his treasure its in the big bag, its tied to the bottom of the bull dog and is full to bursting. The plane starts to lower in altitude from the weight but at least Wario can drop the treasure in front of his house. When Wario touches ground and see's gold all over the place he seems pretty darn happy.

Rank A ending: Wario buys a bigger plane before going home and in the back of the new bull dog is a a few seats with treasure bags behind them. Upon getting home it takes awhile to unload the treasure but after that it cuts to a shot of Wario with golden statues of himself outside the house (a nod to Wario World). There's also some aesthetic changes to the house making it apparent that he's rich now.

Rank S ending: Wario has so much treasure that he can build a tower with it straight to the heavens and It unlocks a secret final boss. If you go back to the regular final boss you'll get the Rank A ending, after fighting the tougher version of the fight Wario takes the real gem with him. It then cut to a shot similar to the beginning of Wario World where Wario is sitting on his throne surrounded by tons of treasure laughing to himself in victory.

My story is Wario is relaxing out side of his castle (The one from WL 2) when he sees a glint of something. Being the greedy treasure hunter he is, he goes to examine it. The object then levitates into a vast forest. Wario chases after it and sees it go into a hole in a large tree. He then sticks his head in the hole to look for it and is sucked in. He then sees he is in a world that is a massive forest, but he sees a huge factory destroying all of the forest. This is what I have so far for a story.

My story is Wario is relaxing out side of his castle (The one from WL 2) when he sees a glint of something. Being the greedy treasure hunter he is, he goes to examine it. The object then levitates into a vast forest. Wario chases after it and sees it go into a hole in a large tree. He then sticks his head in the hole to look for it and is sucked in. He then sees he is in a world that is a massive forest, but he sees a huge factory destroying all of the forest. This is what I have so far for a story.

That story would be a bit ironic for Wario, seeing as in the Wario's Woods games he was ruining the forest with his band of crazy monsters, and Toad is out to stop him.
It's still a nice concept though, but it also seems a lot like the Wario Land 3 scenario, where he spots something shiny in the woods and gets sucked into another world.

tumblr_oat453faKH1rrftcdo1_500.png
WL3story1.PNG

That story would be a bit ironic for Wario, seeing as in the Wario's Woods games he was ruining the forest with his band of crazy monsters, and Toad is out to stop him.
It's still a nice concept though, but it also seems a lot like the Wario Land 3 scenario, where he spots something shiny in the woods and gets sucked into another world.

WL3story1.PNG
[/QUOTEh

WL3story1.PNG
Yeah. I used the beginning of WL3 as sort of a basis for my idea for a story.

Wario 3D Land.

Wario, Waluigi, Syrup, and a uniquely colored D.D. must brave a surreal set of SM3DL/W style levels comprising Diamond City and its surrounding environs, not to save the city from the machinations of Rudy the Clown, but as revenge because he hijacked their plan to take it over and fleece the citizens for their riches!

Wario traveling through other games and dimensions making him shapeshift into different artstyles:
  • One where he becomes a k'nex figure.
  • Other where he becomes a real human being and gets chased by the police.
  • A WARIO WORLD DIMENSION.
  • Make him travel through walls, similar to Super Mario Odyssey but with a SNES spritework
  • Treasures and secrets can unlock characters like Waluigi and Foreman Spike.
  • Achievements may also return (nerve wrecking like Shake it, but a dream to complete with Waluigi)
  • His old transformations return but can vary depending on which character.
The main cover would be like this:
rgi___wario_world_shift_by_blazingmetalstranger-d5bd9gh.jpg

https://widemouthink.deviantart.com/art/RGI-Wario-World-Shift-321425441

Or:
wariosuperstar_by_professorfandango-d9ace6i.png

https://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/WarioSuperStar-561569994

Wario 3D Land.

Wario, Waluigi, Syrup, and a uniquely colored D.D. must brave a surreal set of SM3DL/W style levels comprising Diamond City and its surrounding environs, not to save the city from the machinations of Rudy the Clown, but as revenge because he hijacked their plan to take it over and fleece the citizens for their riches!
Not that I’m complaining but why does everyone (myself included) like Rudy so much?

Not that I’m complaining but why does everyone (myself included) like Rudy so much?
Because he's a great character: Hiding in shadows, using Wario as a mere tool for his evil plan, then, when said plan is nearing completion, trying to get rid off Wario in a way that is too much for even a villain like Bowser of King K. Rool, showing that he's perhaps one of the most evil villains in the Mario universe.

Back