What would you like to see in a Wario Land 6?

JorgeTheOddity

Your Local Furry WF Veteran
I've been thinking about this on and off after seeing the announcement/playing the demo of Warioware: Get it Together. As much as I like those games, I really do yearn for a new Wario Land game to this day. Mostly because I know Wario World 2 isn't going to happ-.
*Chough chough* ANYWAY... I personally love to see The return of that style that used in Shake It!, cuz it was really nice and unique, stuff you don't get much nowadays, huh?
So if a theoretical Wario Land 6 was to happen at some point, what would you like to see?

Just take Pizza Tower and put Wario in it. Lol

In all seriousness. I think what I would like to see is a return to the more open-ended structure of the GBC games and evolve it to become a full fledged Metroidvania. Don't get me wrong, WL4 is my favorite title in the Land series and there are many aspects worth keeping, but I feel like taking the series into a metroidvania-esque direction would be a logical direction to take the series and would be a fitting genre given the explorative nature of the Land series. Besides, metroidvanias are still big right now, might as well hit it while the iron is still hot. That said, given 4 is my favorite, I would not mind another game with that design.

Besides that, I want a new Land to be weird and cruel . Don’t get me wrong, Shake It looks good and I certainly would not mind another game like that, but I don't know, it just feels too clean and sterile compared to the past games, I like my Wario Land to be weird, slapsticky, wacky, cruel, over the top, cartoony, grotesque and even a bit nightmarish at points, something out of a 90s nicktoon or stuff like Tex Avery or Looney Tunes.

Basically, gimme more shit like this.
533A78B0-8D84-4975-A843-EC4FDAF12D4A.jpeg

EAF5DD4A-20E0-47D1-BECC-449C84668658.jpeg

9006DE4A-AA7E-4EB8-9926-98FDDE0E1A8D.png
09FA4C33-9EF8-4DFE-8C5C-FF6E688AEA07.png

9474C3D0-9B07-4357-96E2-589F93B09C19.png

Inject some weirdness, cartoonish and wackiness back into Land.

Also speaking of wacky and cartoonish, bring back the transformations, they're practically a staple of the series
and to see them phased out of Shake It is disappointing as hell (even if probably understandable due to the work).

Last edited:
This reply has probably been echoed to death but, I'd say actual involvement with Waluigi in a optional 2 player mode, drop in-drop out co-op, and maybe utilizing Booster from Mario RPG as either an ally or enemy of Wario where they'd fight over the territory of a castle or even just a sack of coins.

For in terms of gameplay I'd say showing/having more of a thematic fleshed out world akin to Paper Mario where you'd get to travel a bit more, and it'd show a better perspective of all the places Wario's been to, like Diamond City, Kitchen Island, etc as a throwback or even just as a reference to the earlier installments.

Last edited:
I don't consider Pizza Tower to be a true spiritual successor to Wario Land, as it does play quite differently (and has an ugly art style IMO).

I always preferred the original Wario Land and VB Wario Land to it's sequels, as they were more similar to Mario and were easier to get into in comparison to the larger, and often confusing successors. And seeing as the market is oversaturated with Metroidvania games, I think a back-to-basics approach would work well for a hypothetical "Wario Land 6". I'd even like to see the first two games remade and combined into one overarching narrative, maybe?.

I always preferred the original Wario Land and VB Wario Land to it's sequels, as they were more similar to Mario and were easier to get into in comparison to the larger, and often confusing successors. And seeing as the market is oversaturated with Metroidvania games, I think a back-to-basics approach would work well for a hypothetical "Wario Land 6". I'd even like to see the first two games remade and combined into one overarching narrative, maybe?.

Hmm, I'm actually not against that idea though I guess to me the appeal of the Wario Land games after ML3 and VB that they were less like Mario games, and more like their own thing. (Could just be because I skipped over the first game, I tried it after playing the other games and it didn't really catch my attention long enough. VB Wario Land pleasantly surprised me, though.)

Yeah, you can still see some of that basic Mario DNA in all of the WL games, but I think after VB they really did went ahead and tried their own thing, rather feeling like "Mario Land with a bit less Mario and a lot more Wario".
Again though, I'm not against the idea of the next game sort of going back to basics, have a more traditional feel, maybe with some aspects of the other games. And a remake of VB WL would be right up my alley.

Hmm, I'm actually not against that idea though I guess to me the appeal of the Wario Land games after ML3 and VB that they were less like Mario games, and more like their own thing. (Could just be because I skipped over the first game, I tried it after playing the other games and it didn't really catch my attention long enough. VB Wario Land pleasantly surprised me, though.)

Yeah, you can still see some of that basic Mario DNA in all of the WL games, but I think after VB they really did went ahead and tried their own thing, rather feeling like "Mario Land with a bit less Mario and a lot more Wario".
Again though, I'm not against the idea of the next game sort of going back to basics, have a more traditional feel, maybe with some aspects of the other games. And a remake of VB WL would be right up my alley.
I believe there is still a lot of unexplored potential with the original Wario Land playstyle. The Donkey Kong Country Returns games also follow that classic Mario-mold, but with so much more creativity and action going on. I believe that Wario can do the same, while incorporating his moves and more unique level design. The game can still be linear and include Wario's classic power-ups, but you can design levels to have multiple pathways for instance, or even certain sections that are more explorable than others. I loved the original two games because they were so accessible and straight forward. And, ideally, this new game would also be hand-drawn similar to "Shake It". I personally envision a train heist level where you work alongside Waluigi to steal a treasure hoard, or stop the end-level Boss who is the one conducting the train.

I believe there is still a lot of unexplored potential with the original Wario Land playstyle. The Donkey Kong Country Returns games also follow that classic Mario-mold, but with so much more creativity and action going on. I believe that Wario can do the same, while incorporating his moves and more unique level design. The game can still be linear and include Wario's classic power-ups, but you can design levels to have multiple pathways for instance, or even certain sections that are more explorable than others. I loved the original two games because they were so accessible and straight forward. And, ideally, this new game would also be hand-drawn similar to "Shake It". I personally envision a train heist level where you work alongside Waluigi to steal a treasure hoard, or stop the end-level Boss who is the one conducting the train.
The branchin' paths idea reminds me of somethin' Nintendo related, a Mario thing maybe (and fittingly, I s'ppose ), Can't put my finger on it. Haven't played DKC returns, only played a brief run of Tropical Freeze with a sibling back when we had a Wii U, we got stuck on the first boss (lol), what from what I've seen I can see what you mean. (MAN, I gotta get back into DKC: TF at some point.)
Also, that Train Heist thing is so Wario, lmao.
Also also (alotta also's, mmm s'rry bout dat.), When I got done with VB Wario I went to Mario Land 3- I mean Wario Land 1- I mean... Yeah.
Anyway, I ended up lovin' it way more now than I thought I would, guess it is in the title. Its Mario Land 3, but now it's Wario! (Basically a 10/10 by default. wariosm2;) Breezed thought it quick, mostly cuz I can breezed thought ML 1 & 2 nowadays, but still a nice romp in a game I was long due to play. So yeah, tons of potential. Nintendo will come around I bet... One day.

The branchin' paths idea reminds me of somethin' Nintendo related

Is it a so-called metroidvania game? (A game in which there are generally no linear levels, allowing for much more exploration and backtracking) Because there are a lot of them, with the Metroid and Castlevania series obviously being the most well known. My personal favourites are the Shantae games, which are in some aspects rather similar to early Wario Land games, which is not suprisingly given that the first installment was explicitly inspired by Wario Land 1 and II.

Haven't played DKC returns

You definitely should, even more so when already having dipped your toes in Tropical Freeze. Both are good, but DKC Returns is honestly the better of the two. If you are a fan of the original DKC trilogy on the SNES, then Returns will definitely fall in good taste.

Also, that Train Heist thing is so Wario, lmao.

Heck yes, it definitely is. I don't know why, but I've always associated Wario with trains, perhaps because of those train levels, or because of the heavy, sturdy connotation that trains have.

This will never happen, but I want an online mode where you can invade other players' bases/castles and steal their money/treasure. If someone invades while you're playing, you can show up to defend and fight the invading player. If someone invades while you're away, you can retaliate to steal your treasure back.

You would be able to place traps, upgrade your base, and unlock special emblems of characters from all Wario games (Ware, Land, World, etc.)

This will never happen, but I want an online mode where you can invade other players' bases/castles and steal their money/treasure. If someone invades while you're playing, you can show up to defend and fight the invading player. If someone invades while you're away, you can retaliate to steal your treasure back.

You would be able to place traps, upgrade your base, and unlock special emblems of characters from all Wario games (Ware, Land, World, etc.)
Kinda sounds like a Streetpass mechanic to me, in a way.

That would be a really cool idea. Steal the loot of as many players as you can! :wahlaughback:
Somewhat related, this makes we wonder whether a Wario game in MMORPG style will could feasibly be a thing. (Well, without much emphasis on the RPG part, that is.)

Brand new slapstick transformations. Add crepes to the food rooster, when one hits Wario he'll do a Wario Waft on the spot sending him soaring upwards. Since he's selectivity immortal let's knock his head right off, purely a punishment. Flipped controls until you pick it up. Getting bit by an all new were piranha improves his marine mobility but sacrifices mobility on land. Last one I got off the top of my head. Have an Ukiki steal his hat which halves defense like Mario 64, go get that hat back!

Brand new slapstick transformations. Add crepes to the food rooster, when one hits Wario he'll do a Wario Waft on the spot sending him soaring upwards. Since he's selectivity immortal let's knock his head right off, purely a punishment. Flipped controls until you pick it up. Getting bit by an all new were piranha improves his marine mobility but sacrifices mobility on land. Last one I got off the top of my head. Have an Ukiki steal his hat which halves defense like Mario 64, go get that hat back!

Not gonna lie, the "Add crepes to the food rooster [sic], when one hits Wario he'll do a Wario Waft sending him soaring upwards" and having his head have knocked off solely for punishment had me LOLing but these would fit really well for all their weirdness, though the latter might be a bit too violent.

The Ukiki concept could also be at home in a new Land game, but with another creature instead, since Ukikis don't really fit in the Wario Land's style.

Back