What's the status of the Rhythm Heaven series anyway?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
It seems pretty quiet here, and I don't recall Nintendo ever announcing a new one in a while now.

So is it dead? Or is it just a series we'll have to wait a bit longer to see a new game get announced in?

As we've seen with other Nintendo series, nothing really dies. Much like Metroid, Kid Icarus, Wario Land, etc. I think the series is just in hibernation and it'll be back one of these days. Maybe even a new game for the Switch, you never know.

A while ago there was some dumbass rumour by destructoid it was "dead". In response eurogamer asked yoshio sakamoto about it and his response was

I wanted to ask you about Rhythm Heaven, another game series you've worked on. There was a recent report there would be no more Rhythm Heaven - is this true?

Yoshio Sakamoto: We generally don't comment on those kind of rumours, but I don't remember us ever saying it was over. Generally speaking, if there's an oppurtunity, a motivation, a need, we consider all opportunities and leave the door open. That's all I can say.

So you wouldn't say it was dead?

Yoshio Sakamoto: No, it's not dead.

I say Rhythm Heaven is probably in hiatus. Not dead, but not active either. Kind of like where WarioWare was at for the mid 10a

Back