Will Nintendo actually advertise the Wario series again?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Or at least, advertise it on TV for once in their life?

Cause for the last five or so years, I don't think I've ever seen a single Wario game commercial on TV. And while some of that has to be blamed on the rather shoddy marketing work of Nintendo UK (the same geniuses who thought Cowboy Builders and Link Between Worlds shared a target demographic), the Wario series kind of gets it worst of all.

So yeah, we getting some proper advertising when the next Wario Land or WarioWare game is released?

Well... I don't think the big N is gonna do it unless they want to make a huge deal about it. You know, if it's like the equivalent of a new Mario platformer, then I believe it'll be heavily advertised.

I miss the good ol' days where you turn on the TV and you saw a commercial for Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3...
In Wario's golden age. :(

Well... I don't think the big N is gonna do it unless they want to make a huge deal about it. You know, if it's like the equivalent of a new Mario platformer, then I believe it'll be heavily advertised.

I miss the good ol' days where you turn on the TV and you saw a commercial for Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3...
In Wario's golden age. :(
Hmmmm... Good ol' days...

But Wario seriously needs to return to TV. Give him his own talkshow already!

Well, I never watch tv, so for me it wouldn't really matter :p So Nintendo does actually still make commercials in general? (Do they in the Netherlands too?)

They don't make any commercials in the UK. And when they do they don't target them. Last place I saw a Nintendo commercial (ever)? Middle of Cowboy Builders on Channel 5, with the game advertised being A Link Between Worlds. Yeah. Because apparently, Nintendo thinks I'm somehow not the only one who cares for both those things...

while visibility is good, let's not get too ahead of ourselves and fall in the classic nerd trap of thinking that "marketing" is a magical band-aid that can make an unappealing product successful.

Back