10 facts about you

1. I don't mind talking about games with other people but I usually tone down how much I like something or focus more on trying to find common interests. Like I'll usually ask first and if they like shooters, I can say I haven't played many shooters but I love (popular Rockstar games) and Bioshock Infinite. Then I'll pull a "but I like this other game more."

2. I'm not a car nut but Japanese cars are nice. I'm not a fan of Nissan due to quality and I won't ever own a Honda or Acura but I'm pretty much sticking with Toyota and Lexus as long as I can afford it.

3. My name has a nice ring to it but I'm one of the unfortunate people who shares a name with a fictional character and people ask either jokingly or not if I'm their relative. Why yes, Sherlock Holmes is my great great grandfather, why didn't you ask! :S8V:

(that was just an example, my last name is not Holmes even though that would be cool)

If only my coworkers had those kind of social skills : p Like, one example, one time one of the three that Im talking about came up to me and asked "have you been playing any new game lately?", and I was actually playing a game for wii at the time, so I told him yeah. When I did, he interrupted me to say "oh cool, so I got the new Doom game(...)", and he went on telling me about all the cool guns and stuff and I felt really akward and just said "uh huh" until he went away : p I like talking about video games with people, just not my coworkers : p
(I also have one thats been going on and on about D&D with me, like its the only thing he ever talks about, and I dont even know anything about it : p)

And yeah? Never heard about Nissan's problems with quality : p Not that I doubt it but would look into it before I bought a car Im sure : p

And haha, I kinda sorta have the same problem as my last name is the most common last name you can think of, Ive gotten some weird comments because of that : p Though Id imagine yours is worse : p
Though speaking of having a nice ring, my name does not have a nice ring, in fact thats one of the things I have about my name : p Though I can imagine worse things to be worried about, haha.

This thread sure has gotten big.

1. My mom and I share the same birthday,
2. After a terrible social outing a while ago I think whenever I'm back home from college I'm just gonna keep to myself.
3. Greek yogurt is quickly becoming one of my favorite snacks. I love the vanilla varieties in particular.
4. Music and movies are things I enjoy but I want to experience more to be able to discuss them more with others.
5. As a youngster I was almost completely fully behind Sega and anti-Nintendo but now that's almost flipped.
6. Really wants to learn how to cook but I have a hard time getting the stuff I need.
7. Usually more of a night owl, I actually enjoy being a morning person too.
8. Lately, I've been thinking of a ring name and finisher for my future wrestling stint since my real name is no good for a ring name.
9. Easily intrigued by anything related to traditional Japanese aesthetics.
10. Socially, I can carry myself easily and am a great talker but I'm mostly a weird kind of introvert.

This thread sure has gotten big.

1. My mom and I share the same birthday,
2. After a terrible social outing a while ago I think whenever I'm back home from college I'm just gonna keep to myself.
3. Greek yogurt is quickly becoming one of my favorite snacks. I love the vanilla varieties in particular.
4. Music and movies are things I enjoy but I want to experience more to be able to discuss them more with others.
5. As a youngster I was almost completely fully behind Sega and anti-Nintendo but now that's almost flipped.
6. Really wants to learn how to cook but I have a hard time getting the stuff I need.
7. Usually more of a night owl, I actually enjoy being a morning person too.
8. Lately, I've been thinking of a ring name and finisher for my future wrestling stint since my real name is no good for a ring name.
9. Easily intrigued by anything related to traditional Japanese aesthetics.
10. Socially, I can carry myself easily and am a great talker but I'm mostly a weird kind of introvert.

Aw, thats really cool that you guys share a birthday. Do you celebrate it together then?

And haha, well you can just socialize with us then : p
(Were probly much better company anyway : p)

I used to be that way music, like always trying to find new bands and junk. But this entire year Ive pretty much just stuck with one single band, dunno why : p
I have found new music I like by just clicking recomendations on youtube though, is how I found Sigur Ros. Maybe you can try that.

And yeah? Well it could be a good wrestling name. Maybe you should tell us it so we can give you our opinions : p

I feel your pain there. I'm generally pretty good at talking to people, and have on more than one occasion been described as "charming" (somehow), but I also prefer spending most of my time alone because talking to people exhausts me. Even just having one particularly engaged conversation with someone drains a lot of energy from me, and I have to do some deep breathing afterwards just to keep me thinking clearly enough to function.

Oke, here I go. :p

1. Like my name suggests, I'm a pretty big guy in real life.
2. I have a scruffy, fuzzy, but still soft blond beard.
3. I wear glasses. ...when I need them. :STongue:
4. I'm usually pretty chill.
5. Speaking of chill, I like the cold. I'd rather shiver than sweat and I prefer a cold-ass winter over a hot-ass summer.
6. Also, speaking of cold, my favourite animal is the polar bear. It's big, fat, fluffy and cuddly.... like me. :sgrin:
7. When I'm talking about serious real life topics I'm a very down-to-earth sorta guy. I value logic and reason the most and I base all my knowledge and principles on proven facts.
However, when It's about fiction I don't want realism at all. I want things to be weird and wacky and unrealistic (just not in the "lolsorandom" kinda way).
Likewise, when I'm talking about non-serious stuff I like to act very silly. :STongue:
So yeah, despite being silly a lot of the time I can also be serious when it's appropriate.
8. I live in Hesse, Germany. I learned most of my english through the internet. :STongue3:
9. Right now I'm working on a video game of my own.
10. I once cosplayed as a Shy Guy.
20150804_215812.jpg

Oke, here I go. :p

1. Like my name suggests, I'm a pretty big guy in real life.
2. I have a scruffy, fuzzy, but still soft blond beard.
3. I wear glasses. ...when I need them. :STongue:
4. I'm usually pretty chill.
5. Speaking of chill, I like the cold. I'd rather shiver than sweat and I prefer a cold-ass winter over a hot-ass summer.
6. Also, speaking of cold, my favourite animal is the polar bear. It's big, fat, fluffy and cuddly.... like me. :sgrin:
7. When I'm talking about serious real life topics I'm a very down-to-earth sorta guy. I value logic and reason the most and I base all my knowledge and principles on proven facts.
However, when It's about fiction I don't want realism at all. I want things to be weird and wacky and unrealistic (just not in the "lolsorandom" kinda way).
Likewise, when I'm talking about non-serious stuff I like to act very silly. :STongue:
So yeah, despite being silly a lot of the time I can also be serious when it's appropriate.
8. I live in Hesse, Germany. I learned most of my english through the internet. :STongue3:
9. Right now I'm working on a video game of my own.
10. I once cosplayed as a Shy Guy.
View attachment 2084

That's one awesome cosplay there! :) I also prefer the cold, I tend to get cramped from the heat.
Can you say more about this video game? :) I'm curious!

Can you say more about this video game? :) I'm curious!
It's called "That's the Spirit!" and it's an RPG, similar to the Mario RPGs.
We don't have much to show off yet, but here's our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/ThatstheSpiritGame/

I was planning on telling the forum about this once we have our first gameplay teaser done. But we're still working on the basic battle system.
We're only 2 people right now. I'm in charge of the art, story and characters and my friend is doing the programming.
If our first free demo (it's not really a demo in the traditional sense, it's more of an appetizer since it's a short but complete story) if that is well recieved then we're hoping to get a kickstarter funded so we can make the actual game.

It's called "That's the Spirit!" and it's an RPG, similar to the Mario RPGs.
We don't have much to show off yet, but here's our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/ThatstheSpiritGame/

I was planning on telling the forum about this once we have our first gameplay teaser done. But we're still working on the basic battle system.
We're only 2 people right now. I'm in charge of the art, story and characters and my friend is doing the programming.
If our first free demo (it's not really a demo in the traditional sense, it's more of an appetizer since it's a short but complete story) if that is well recieved then we're hoping to get a kickstarter funded so we can make the actual game.
Looks really cool! I sincerely hope it will succeed! :D
I'm noticing some of the art from DeviantArt as well!

I was actually thinking that a general "facts about you" thread, where you just post an interesting thing about yourself, would be cool. But then I checked my profile to see if I had already made that thread and found this one : p

But actually coming up with ten facts is kinda hard, and maybe having just a facts about you thread where you can post a quick interesting thing about yourself could be fun.
What do you guys think? Maybe we can just start doing that here to make it easier to post in? : p

1) I love the smell and taste of garlic.
2) Scenic drives to nowhere while listening to music clears my head.
3) I have yet to play more than 5 minutes of Master of Disguise.
4) I'm pretty hungry atm
5) I love my cat very much and I think he loves me too. Maybe.
6) I've dealt with AvPD most of my life.
7) I have 3 games I will definitely make before I die whether as a hobbyist or professional indie developer.
8) I've dealt with dandruff most of my life.
9) I'd like to try voice acting for fun.
10) I'm out of spinach and mushrooms so no frittata for breakfast...

I can edit the OP to this one, though I was thinking that maybe it would just be more simple to make a new thread, so that people who dont read the OP wont be confused? Think Ill make a new thread real quick....

1. I HATE bugs.
  2. I I haven't touched my copy of Pokemon Moon in weeks, my guy.
  3. I love playing simulation games ( e.g. American Truck Simulator).
  4. I'm the oddball within my family.
  5. Favorite season is Summer.
  6. I run a channel dedicated to music yet I don't know the first thing on how to play an instrument.
  7. My favorite artists include Zacarias Fereira, Raulin Rodriguez, Aventura, Anthony Santos, Junichi Masuda and Daft Punk.
  8. I love to be active and play sports! (sometimes)
  9. I get seriously anxious, thus math being my weakest subject.
  10. I really just get all my entertainment from YouTube. What is television?

1. I HATE bugs.
  2. I I haven't touched my copy of Pokemon Moon in weeks, my guy.
  3. I love playing simulation games ( e.g. American Truck Simulator).
  4. I'm the oddball within my family.
  5. Favorite season is Summer.
  6. I run a channel dedicated to music yet I don't know the first thing on how to play an instrument.
  7. My favorite artists include Zacarias Fereira, Raulin Rodriguez, Aventura, Anthony Santos, Junichi Masuda and Daft Punk.
  8. I love to be active and play sports! (sometimes)
  9. I get seriously anxious, thus math being my weakest subject.
  10. I really just get all my entertainment from YouTube. What is television?

....I also really dont like bugs : p
(Sorry Metal and Magma ; _ ; )

Oh and simulation games? Have you ever tried Harvest Moon? Its a farming sim : p I love HM.

You should totally learn an instrument! Its way fun, and a good way to feel proud of yourself.

And haha, I even watch most of my television on Youtube anymore : p Id rather just watch tv, though. But no cable and only enough Netflix and Hulu for one person at a time : p

Last edited:
....I also really dont like bugs : p
(Sorry Metal and Magma ; _ ;)

Oh and simulation games? Have you ever tried Harvest Moon? Its a farming sim : p I love HM.

You should totally learn an instrument! Its way fun, and a good way to feel proud of yourself.

And haha, I even watch most of my television on Youtube anymore : p Id rather just watch tv, though. But no cable and only enough Netflix and Hulu for one person at a time : p
Harvest Moon, eh? I've heard about it but never got the chance to play it. I'll definitely do that one day!

Reactions: 607
Back