10 facts about you

Eh why not, I got nothing better to do. Here's my 10 facts about me that's not really special.

1. I'm not one to share my real voice with anyone. I usually change voice every few minutes and only a few people I talk to with my normal voice. Though rarely do I ever talk to people to begin with.

2. Yep if it ain't obvious enough, I love to draw characters from games, but rarely do I ever finish those drawings. So if you decide that you want me to take a request, you're gonna be waiting for quite some time. (a rushed drawing is never good in my eyes)

3. Most of the time I play on PC, but I do play on console. I'm not a PC master race, I love to play my games on console, but as of now there hasn't been anything for me to go out of my way to buy on console if the game is being released on PC. If you ever for some odd reason want to add me on some of the platform, go ahead, but if you want to chat with me, I recommend Steam as I normally don't ever speak to anyone on console.

4. Most of the time I'm awake all through the night so usually when I'm here, everyone is dead asleep.

5. I have a love for video game music, (it's why you see me put music on the game music thread a lot) but I have a huge dislike towards music that plays in real life nowadays. I can't believe parents let's their kids listen to those garbage, or even let them use the Internet at the age of 4. Seriously though, people are just getting worse as time passes by.

6. Love eating pizza and drinking milkshakes, but that doesn't mean I can't eat healthy, I gotta be healthy too y'know. Shame I'm too skinny for obvious reasons.

7. Although I never show it, I have anger issues and I tend to get mad very very quick. I usually hide my anger when I'm in public or speaking to someone, but man I do throw controllers.

8. I always love to chat with people, but I'm too shy to ever start one. I'm usually the quiet person I'm group conversation or the lone wolf in games as I never stay close people when playing on a chill server. I keep my distance from everyone in game for some good reason. Imagine 4 years of constantly hearing people playing the same song everytime they see you in the server over and over again.

9. Pretty much nothing scares me. No matter how hard you try or how hard the game tries, nothing scares me. Put a spider in my face or something. Though the fun thing is that I do love to spook people while playing, oh last night was so fun, this is how I looked when people saw me in dark places. Then again, it was a server based on horror so y'know, they don't have to just fear a monster chasing them.

10. Having friends means a lot to me, I don't ever like seeing my friends down or angry. I usually try to help, but I don't like getting myself into the conflicts they're in as I fear I could make things worse, especially if both my friends are against each other and I don't want to choose sides. The one thing I really really hate is losing a good friend, especially the one who you call your best friend, only to leave you. What was the point in saying I'm their best friend if they're just gonna leave and break you.

And that's about it. Nothing too special really, I'll just get back to doing what I love doing.

8. I always love to chat with people, but I'm too shy to ever start one. I'm usually the quiet person I'm group conversation or the lone wolf in games as I never stay close people when playing on a chill server.

Why do you think youre too shy to start one? I used to be that way too (online I mean), but its really boring when you have no one to talk to, so one day I decided Id just share whatevers on my mind and hope someone talks back with me. I mean its the internet anyway, no one knows me irl or lives anywhere near me and if I felt embarrased I could leave and never come back. And it worked, as people actually responded to me and talked with me : p

I dunno if just sharing whatever you feel would work for you, but it did for me, so you could try : p

Hey-hey! Sorry I'm late to the party (the traffic was hell).
Anyhow, I enjoyed reading everyone's lists. Looks like fun. So here we go, ladies and germs....

#1: My mother is a history fanatic. She named all her sons after famous kings. I was named after Alexander the Great (but I'm a long way from earning that title)

#2: I fell over a cliff when I was about four, narrowly missing a rocky ledge on the way down. One more inch and I would not be here now.... a scary truth.

#3: In grade 2 I helped my best friend out by trouncing a schoolyard bully, Wario-style. I barged him right into a hollow tree stump.

#4: I kinda wanted to become a wrestler a few years ago. Perhaps an evil wrestling artist wearing a French beret, and illegal art supplies stuffed down my trunks.

#5: I have an insatiable sweet tooth.

#6: In case you haven't noticed, I'm a wordsmith. The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword opens tax letters better.

#7: I breathe oxygen.

#8: One of my biggest dreams is to get a shot at making a game for at least one of my favourite franchises: Wario, ClayFighter, Solstice, Bubsy, DK Land, Wacky Races etc.

#9: My three greatest fears that would occupy my personal hell: Certain types of zombies, certain spiders, and certain alleged ghosts and nightmarish figures from my childhood dreams.

#10: I know how to make toast.

Hey. You made it to the end? Here, have a salmon puff. (And thank-you for reading)

Last edited:
We all have an inner Wario.
Speaking of Bubsy, that was the first game I had on Playstation. It's infamous for being bad, although I enjoyed it back then because I was too naive as a kid to not like it.

It's truly unfair. Bubsy 3D should have been a great game. The designers were seasoned veterans, but they had no references or support to help them build a full 3D platformer at that time. When they finally saw Nintendo's Mario 64 at E3 they knew they were doomed. It was far too late to rebuild their program. The deadline arrived and the publisher (Accolade) forced them to release what they had done, much to their chagrin. Afterwards, the team used their new-found knowledge to create the successful Syphon Filter series. It just goes to show how tragedy can strike small developers without proper resources, time and support.

Last edited:
It's truly unfair. Bubsy 3D should have been a great game. The designers were seasoned veterans, but they had no references or support to help them build a full 3D platformer at that time. When they finally saw Nintendo's Mario 64 at E3 they knew they were doomed. It was far too late to rebuild their program. The deadline arrived and the publisher (Accolade) forced them to release what they had done, much to their chagrin. Afterwards, the team used their new-found knowledge to create the successful Syphon Filter series. It just goes to show how tragedy can strike small developers without proper resources, time and support.
Sega-16: The transition from 2D to 3D must have brought some exceptional challenges, especially in that age of early 3D platforming.

Mike Berlyn: Again, this is an understatement. I had no tools for drawing environments, no controller precedents that I could rely on, no way to relate polygon count to the kind of design I was visualizing, and throughout all of this, there had been no 3D platform games before.

I'm not a fan of Bubsy but when I read this, researched what you were saying, and found this interview with the Bubsy creator, I sympathize with you. Regardless of what kind of game series it is, it sucks when this happens with games.

I'm not a fan of Bubsy but when I read this, researched what you were saying, and found this interview with the Bubsy creator, I sympathize with you. Regardless of what kind of game series it is, it sucks when this happens with games.

This warmed my heart. If only people today did what you have and actually do their homework before becoming self-entitled authorities. They can't possibly imagine what it was like to be a small development studio in that era of the industry.

(If you're interested) this interview is far more recent, and involves a bit more information....
http://retrovolve.com/a-chat-with-bubsys-michael-berlyn-part-1-the-rise-and-fall-of-bubsy/

Last edited:
This warmed my heart. If only people did what you have and actually do their homework before becoming self-entitled authorities. They can't possibly imagine what it was like to be a small development studio in that era of the industry.

(If you're interested) this interview is far more recent, and involves a bit more information....
http://retrovolve.com/a-chat-with-bubsys-michael-berlyn-part-1-the-rise-and-fall-of-bubsy/
I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit I've laughed about Bubsy 3D or that I've said I don't like the Bubsy games. I played Bubsy as a kid and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I kind of share your feelings in general about the topic because I've come to like some pretty strange games over the years that people I know just give me odd looks over, and they refuse to learn about it. It drives me nuts and I like reading about games in general. I've always been curious as to why Bubsy 3D ended up like it did, so I got to satisfy that part too.

But really though, the interview you linked breaks my heart. The fact that Accolade didn't learn what made Bubsy 1 work and begged Berlyn to come back to make 3/3D is disrespectful. As a gaming company they should have known better. They also needed a better development window if Mario 64 really caught them off guard like that. Berlyn is very bitter in the interview too and while that puts me off a bit, I can see why. He had "vision A" for Bubsy and Accolade made "vision B" the reality. I can't imagine a company trying to mess around with someone's property like that.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit I've laughed about Bubsy 3D or that I've said I don't like the Bubsy games. I played Bubsy as a kid and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I kind of share your feelings in general about the topic because I've come to like some pretty strange games over the years that people I know just give me odd looks over, and they refuse to learn about it. It drives me nuts and I like reading about games in general. I've always been curious as to why Bubsy 3D ended up like it did, so I got to satisfy that part too.

But really though, the interview you linked breaks my heart. The fact that Accolade didn't learn what made Bubsy 1 work and begged Berlyn to come back to make 3/3D is disrespectful. As a gaming company they should have known better. They also needed a better development window if Mario 64 really caught them off guard like that. Berlyn is very bitter in the interview too and while that puts me off a bit, I can see why. He had "vision A" for Bubsy and Accolade made "vision B" the reality. I can't imagine a company trying to mess around with someone's property like that.

Yeah, I was put off by his bitterness too at first, but we have to remember how he must feel - imagine the thrill to see your creation start life as a success, then watching it become one of the most mocked and ridiculed franchises in video game history today.... I've always wanted the chance to work on a grand-scale comeback that would fix the wrongs of the past, preferably with Berlyn. I've read from other industry members that he was a very knowledgable and kind man in person.

E.T. for Atari 2600 had a near-identical story to Bubsy 3D - made by a respected game designer, yet due to a ridiculous deadline it was released before it should have been, forever tarnishing the designer's profile. And just like Bubsy 3D, hardly anyone knows or acknowledges that story either.

Anyway, I don't want to flood MonaWare's thread with this topic. It's been a thrill to actually find someone open-minded to discuss this with! VforVictory:

Last edited:
Sorry to continue the Bubsy talk but I just really want to say something.

I'm not one to be too fixated on what could've been. Theoretically, any game could've been better with just "more" whether it be more time, more resources, more money whatever. It's not like most bad games are released with the intention of being bad or without dissatisfaction from the developers unless it's a thoughtlessly shovelware game. Bubsy 3D had a lofty goal but I don't really think it's any different from any other game that could've and should've been great but wasn't.

Sorry to continue the Bubsy talk but I just really want to say something.

I'm not one to be too fixated on what could've been. Theoretically, any game could've been better with just "more" whether it be more time, more resources, more money whatever. It's not like most bad games are released with the intention of being bad or without dissatisfaction from the developers unless it's a thoughtlessly shovelware game. Bubsy 3D had a lofty goal but I don't really think it's any different from any other game that could've and should've been great but wasn't.

Sure, I agree with that. It's more the endless and unfair abuse it gets today, and the general ignorance towards its age and history. It's not like the game effects peoples gaming lives today, yet they bellyache about it being "the worst of all time" when it clearly wasn't at the time of its release.

Last edited:
Hey-hey! Sorry I'm late to the party (the traffic was hell).
Anyhow, I enjoyed reading everyone's lists. Looks like fun. So here we go, ladies and germs....

#1: My mother is a history fanatic. She named all her sons after famous kings. I was named after Alexander the Great (but I'm a long way from earning that title)

#2: I fell over a cliff when I was about four, narrowly missing a rocky ledge on the way down. One more inch and I would not be here now.... a scary truth.

#3: In grade 2 I helped my best friend out by trouncing a schoolyard bully, Wario-style. I barged him right into a hollow tree stump.

#4: I wanted to be a famous wrestler and artist a few years ago. Perhaps an evil wrestling artist wearing a French beret, and illegal art supplies stuffed down my trunks.

#5: I have an insatiable sweet tooth. My parents have told me it matches my personality. Heh. Well....

#6: In case you haven't noticed, I'm a wordsmith. The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword opens tax letters better.

#7: I've been a fan of Bubsy Bobcat since the early 90's when he was popular. I don't like the direction he was taken, but I still enjoy all his games.

#8: One of my biggest dreams is to get a shot at making a game for at least one of my favourite franchises: Wario, ClayFighter, Solstice, Bubsy, DK Land, Wacky Races etc.

#9: My three greatest fears that would occupy my personal hell: Certain types of zombies, certain spiders, and certain alleged ghosts caught in photography.

#10: I'm shy and gentle, but I'm also strong and love to wrestle. I also tend to be dramatic and poetic in defeat (which is why I'd probably make a good wrestler). Heheh.

Hey. You made it to the end? Here, have a salmon puff. (And thank-you for reading)

Oh, I fell off a cliff while hiking with CMV this weekend. Well, it wasnt really a cliff as much as it was a ledge, but it was still a bit high up, and scary. The ground beneath me caved in and I slid right down the edge. Luckily, my feet were able to ground themselves on the slope and I didnt slide all the way down into the water.
Am glad you were okay btw : p

And haha, I bet youd make a great heel. Especially with the being dramatic and good with words, youd have a great personality for your character. I would like to see your persona : p

And certain types of zombies? Haha have never heard that one before : p Would imagine any and all kinds of zombies would be awful : p

Oh, I fell off a cliff while hiking with CMV this weekend. Well, it wasnt really a cliff as much as it was a ledge, but it was still a bit high up, and scary. The ground beneath me caved in and I slid right down the edge. Luckily, my feet were able to ground themselves on the slope and I didnt slide all the way down into the water.
Am glad you were okay btw : p

And haha, I bet youd make a great heel. Especially with the being dramatic and good with words, youd have a great personality for your character. I would like to see your persona : p

And certain types of zombies? Haha have never heard that one before : p Would imagine any and all kinds of zombies would be awful : p

Thank-you! I'm going to make a signature in the future that may include a caricature or two of me.

Anyway, the "certain types of zombies" was in reference to the fact I was seriously scarred by the original Resident Evil on PlayStation as a boy. It really traumatised me.
Back when it looked realistic for video game standards, and the atmosphere was so intense and sickly.... it really felt like hell in a video game (to me).

Having said that, I'm not creeped out by all zombies. These days you see those running, screaming ones in action movies and stuff like Call of Duty - they don't creep me out. It's only the kind you see in the early Resident Evil games. Slower and far more disturbing. They're riddled with mystery, and have a history with the horrible old mansion they occupy. If I had a personal hell, it would be set within the walls of a vast, remote old mansion in the woods (just like that), and occupied by....

THIS!

Thank-you! I'm going to make a signature in the future that may include a caricature or two of me.

Anyway, the "certain types of zombies" was in reference to the fact I was seriously scarred by the original Resident Evil on PlayStation as a boy. It really traumatised me.
Back when it looked realistic for video game standards, and the atmosphere was so intense and sickly.... it really felt like hell in a video game (to me).

Having said that, I'm not creeped out by all zombies. These days you see those running, screaming ones in action movies and stuff like Call of Duty - they don't creep me out. It's only the kind you see in the early Resident Evil games. Slower and far more disturbing. They're riddled with mystery, and have a history with the horrible old mansion they occupy. If I had a personal hell, it would be set within the walls of a vast, remote old mansion in the woods (just like that), and occupied by....
Yep, I can relate to this fear. It's really dependant on what kind of zombie we're talking about. For me it's the kind of zombie that still has a realistic human face, making inhumane movements. I think my fear is also part of what is called the 'uncanny valley':
UncannyValleyChart.jpg

The above graph basically shows how humans react to movements made by (or looks of) other 'human-like' beings. As you can see, moving corpse falls into the uncanny valley. It's a human instinct to react in some kind of fear towards it.
In other words: unnatural human movements and deformation of the human face = scary.

Yep, I can relate to this fear. It's really dependant on what kind of zombie we're talking about. For me it's the kind of zombie that still has a realistic human face, making inhumane movements. I think my fear is also part of what is called the 'uncanny valley':
UncannyValleyChart.jpg

The above graph basically shows how humans react to movements made by (or looks of) other 'human-like' beings. As you can see, moving corpse falls into the uncanny valley. It's a human instinct to react in some kind of fear towards it.
In other words: unnatural human movements and deformation of the human face = scary.

Hah funny thing about zombies is that concerning all the mythological and cryptid monsters out there they're scary to us because in actuality they are us. Essentially an undead or just a corpse to us is rather unnatural to see out in the open so we have many fears that come with it much like how skeletons could pierce the human gaze with their hollowed eyeless skulls.

Speaking of uncanny valley porcelain dolls and things of the nature can count as a " zombie " in the sense that they're so much like us yet fail to give us that warmth and happiness regular people can. Anything that's so similar to us but isn't exactly like us terrifies us, since we're unable to read their emotions or body language a zombie and doll can fit these two descriptions well.

ichi.jpg

Hah funny thing about zombies is that concerning all the mythological and cryptid monsters out there they're scary to us because in actuality they are us. Essentially an undead or just a corpse to us is rather unnatural to see out in the open so we have many fears that come with it much like how skeletons could pierce the human gaze with their hollowed eyeless skulls.

Speaking of uncanny valley porcelain dolls and things of the nature can count as a " zombie " in the sense that they're so much like us yet fail to give us that warmth and happiness regular people can. Anything that's so similar to us but isn't exactly like us terrifies us, since we're unable to read their emotions or body language a zombie and doll can fit these two descriptions well.

I've read the same thing about many abstract art forms I love - such as claymation, puppets/dummies and clowns.
One middle-aged woman was so petrified by Jim Henson's Muppets, she would throw up and have a fit at the mere sight of Kermit the Frog!

Back