607 plays Piano

What kind of instrument do you play? (if more applicable, select your main)

• Cello, violin, or some other string instrument.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hm, my thread still hasn't been moved yet...
I guess I'll post the new video, anyway, the correct one this time d:p

"I recorded this video a while ago, and I learnt it even longer ago. Anyway, now that I upload it, it's actually snowing. At least, it was a few hours before. It seems to be raining now.

This theme plays through the winter season in Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on the Gameboy Advance.

I quite like it!

For my performance, I play it twice, one with a piano sound, once with a strings sound. I think my performance was great, but of course the piano and quality of the recording are never perfect.

But I'm not aiming for perfection! I'm very happy with this video!

For this video, be the first to correctly answer the following question to earn 6 CP: how many days long is the winter season in this game?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKfT111pFo

Haha, the question for this time might be quite a bit harder than the Wario Land related questions for you guys, but it should be easily findable on the internet d;)

Oh, i am looking up information for a game I am not familiar with, that's cheating d:p
Oh no, of course it's not d:p I pretended I didn't know myself, and it's quite easy if you search for the right terms and link some information to do a good guess d;) (you could even guess without looking up information d:rolleyes:)

Ah, I love Harvest Moon! : p But, though I claim to be a huge HM nerd, I actually have only played the console games, besides Tale of Two Towns. But its not because Im against the handheld HM games, its actually because I rarely play handheld games : p I have not played this one, either, but I still love HM music anyway : p

I have played a few of the Rune Factory games on handheld, though. If I were to guess how many days in a season there are, Id say 15?

(I really liked the song btw : p)

• Useful
Reactions: 607
Ah, I love Harvest Moon! : p But, though I claim to be a huge HM nerd, I actually have only played the console games, besides Tale of Two Towns. But its not because Im against the handheld HM games, its actually because I rarely play handheld games : p I have not played this one, either, but I still love HM music anyway : p

I have played a few of the Rune Factory games on handheld, though. If I were to guess how many days in a season there are, Id say 15?

(I really liked the song btw : p)
It's hard to find a suitable rating sometimes, I gave you "useful" d:p
Nope, 15 is not the correct answer, sorry d;)
Ha, now wariolandgoldpiramid can cross something off, at least d:rolleyes:
I only played this one and Animal Parade, and didn't enjoy Animal Parade too much because it's so slow: not only does the time go quite slow, the loading times are really long too.
If I'd buy another HM game, it'd be Harvest Moon 64, I think.

Haha, I know the feeling of wishing for a certain rating, the other day when rating your videos on this thread, I wished I could mark some of them as cute, cuz I thought it was cute that you were covering these cute songs : p

And aw, thought that would be right : p Haha, Im 100% sure the handheld HM games are faster than the console ones, yeah : p I know its that way with Rune Factory. In the two console RF games I had over 200 hours on both of them. I played 1, 3 and 4 for handheld, and I probly have like 20-30 hours on each of them : p

The console HM games are known for being slow, you dont make progress quickly, you have to really devout alot of time to the game to get anywhere : p But I have never been bothered by that, if I enjoy the game : p Alot of my favorite games are that way : p Theres one game I really love thats hated on, Aidyn Chronicles for the N64. Everyone calls the game slow, but I really liked having to travel the world like that, it felt like a real adventure to me : p Like trekking from one city to another was a real journey, and not just a walk around the block like in OoT : p
(Animal Parade is my favorite HM game, and one of my all time favorite games in general actually : p)

Oh, and HM64 is one of my most wanted games, to this day I have not played it : (

• Useful

A piano video from me! d:eek: It's been a while!
This is a duet I did with Julia, for school. I had some people from outside our class interested too, though, so I decided to upload it to YouTube!
While this video and performance isn't near perfect (some mishits, poor video quality, a wrong chord at the end...), I think it's more than worthy of being uploaded to YouTube!
Thank you, Julia, I had a lot of fun playing this, and it sounded just as I had hoped it to!
Also thanks to Imco de Gier/Raymusique for the video that was our template for the cover! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEwrrzxHdOk
And of course a big thank you to the composers of Rayman 3's amazing soundtrack: Plume Leonard, Fred Leonard and Laurent Parisi.

So this duet could've been performed better, but with limited time, this is the best we could do. And we're more than content with the result! d:)
I hope you enjoy it too!

To earn 5 CP, post a quote from Globox that appears in this game. One quote per person, and every quote can only be used once, so check the comments before you post! d;)
https://youtu.be/TguyPLN13to

"I recorded some performances on piano today, all from old ST or DOS games! This is the Title Theme from The Great Giana Sisters, composed by Chris Hülsbeck. You might've seen me upload the soundtrack some time ago!
This is a lot of fun to play, for sure, but when playing it a lot, my right hand starts to protest d:p
To earn 7 CP, be the first to correctly answer the following question in the comments: what was the protagonist's original, intended name?
You'll probably see more videos from this playing session appear later!"
https://youtu.be/cRorj5W74DU

"I finally uploaded this!
Hm... it feels like the audio and video get slightly out of sync with each other during the playing. Perhaps it might have something to do with the video being 29.97 fps and not 30 fps, which is a slight but perhaps significant difference.
But it shouldn't be too big of a deal, and I can't be bothered trying to fix it anymore.
I recorded this video April 30th. Why did I not upload it before? Because after hours of technical difficulties, I kind of gave up on it.
Until I saw BlueJackG's Yoshi's Island series and wanted to upload this to celebrate the start of a new series. Check out the trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19q495n2q8
I hope I'll be able to fix the sync issue later, but if it doesn't bother anyone, I won't spend all too much time into it. Lightworks can be very frustrating to work with, because even though it's a very good program, it's very strict and often confusing to amateurs like me... I'm glad to have it, though, as else I probably wouldn't be able to do fancy stuff like the cutscene in the top right of this video.
This theme was of course composed by Koji Kondo, and the game published by Nintendo.
My performance is not flawless, but I'm happy with it.
The question for this time: from what version of Yoshi's Island was this recorded, and how can you tell? (the SNES original or GBA remake? Explain how you can tell so people don't randomly guess).
Be the first to answer the question to earn 7 CP! (folk.simpsite.nl/cp)"

https://youtu.be/Xq3gdY0tD-8

I like it! Great job once again! Thanks for sharing my video as a reference!

I can give you a tip: my let's play is from the SNES version!
Now...

The question for this time: from what version of Yoshi's Island was this recorded, and how can you tell? (the SNES original or GBA remake? Explain how you can tell so people don't randomly guess).

My answer is:
The GBA version. The intro text is different, for example, at 2:48 in the video, the narrator says "... quickly dispatches his gang of nasty toadies...", while in the SNES version, the text is just "... quickly dispatches his toadies..."

I like it! Great job once again! Thanks for sharing my video as a reference!

I can give you a tip: my let's play is from the SNES version!
Now...

My answer is:
The GBA version. The intro text is different, for example, at 2:48 in the video, the narrator says "... quickly dispatches his gang of nasty toadies...", while in the SNES version, the text is just "... quickly dispatches his toadies..."
Okay, well done!
I didn't know that difference, interesting!
I knew your playthrough was from the SNES version instantly, because it has a different "Nintendo" start-up sound d;)

Okay, well done!
I didn't know that difference, interesting!
I knew your playthrough was from the SNES version instantly, because it has a different "Nintendo" start-up sound d;)

Oh yeah, and I missed that, for some reason! xD

AAahhh the first time I've seen this thread, 607 you're really good especially love the Yoshi's Island music box piano solo you've done.
Would you be interested in continuing with playing more songs? Is DKC out of the question? These are really good.

AAahhh the first time I've seen this thread, 607 you're really good especially love the Yoshi's Island music box piano solo you've done.
Would you be interested in continuing with playing more songs? Is DKC out of the question? These are really good.
Thanks!
I will keep playing piano as long as I'm enjoying it. Will I keep uploading stuff? Perhaps... it's a bit of a pain sometimes d:p
I've looked into Donkey Kong Country before, but most tracks seem quite difficult to play! I love the soundtrack, though, so... who knows?
I do have a request system, but to use it you'll probably have to be active on my YouTube channel for a while, as it's quite expensive (because I don't want to spend all of my free time learning music I potentially don't like too much myself). You see BlueJackG just earned 7 CP by answering the question: if you've got 50 CP, you can request a theme of 30 seconds max. Any extra 30 seconds is another 50 CP.
So needless to say, with how small my YouTube channel is in terms of active viewers, nobody has managed to get enough CP yet d:p

"I love this theme!! :D
I recorded this together with the Title Theme for The Great Giana Sisters, but I hadn't uploaded this one yet. This theme was also composed by Chris Hülsbeck.
I love my performance of it, the piano sounds SO nice for this piece, and I was able to play it quite well, I think!! ^.^
The question for this time: (you can use Google for this one ;) (in fact, you can for all of them, but I mean, I doubt many of you will know this one without consulting the internet :P))
In what year was this game released?
Be the first to answer the question correctly to earn 7 CP! (folk.simpsite.nl/cp for more info on Club Points)"
https://youtu.be/HtHYUy0t5NI

"I love this theme!! :D
I recorded this together with the Title Theme for The Great Giana Sisters, but I hadn't uploaded this one yet. This theme was also composed by Chris Hülsbeck.
I love my performance of it, the piano sounds SO nice for this piece, and I was able to play it quite well, I think!! ^.^
The question for this time: (you can use Google for this one ;) (in fact, you can for all of them, but I mean, I doubt many of you will know this one without consulting the internet :P))
In what year was this game released?
Be the first to answer the question correctly to earn 7 CP! (folk.simpsite.nl/cp for more info on Club Points)"
https://youtu.be/HtHYUy0t5NI

The Great Giana Sisters was released in

Back