Anyone a bit...concerned about the future of WarioWare after Gold?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
Trying really hard not to be pessimistic here, but I mean, the fact that Gold is releasing on the 3DS at this point in the system's lifetime. It and some other games that hardly anyone's going to buy.

While I'm glad WarioWare is making a comeback after so long, I'm surprised they're actually going through with releasing this at all. It just feels like it was sent to die from the get-go. Especially when you release it for a system that really is in a death spiral and has nothing more going for it beyond just these few.

Trying really hard not to be pessimistic here, but I mean, the fact that Gold is releasing on the 3DS at this point in the system's lifetime. It and some other games that hardly anyone's going to buy.

While I'm glad WarioWare is making a comeback after so long, I'm surprised they're actually going through with releasing this at all. It just feels like it was sent to die from the get-go. Especially when you release it for a system that really is in a death spiral and has nothing more going for it beyond just these few.

Dying console? While it makes some sence, success of WarioWare Gold also depends on its advertisment.
Remeber Rhythm Heaven Megamix? When we saw like 1-2 trailers and it got released 3 days after E3, and almost nobody remembers it now. This was 2016, when 3DS wasnt "dying". Maybe I havent researched well enough about Megamix (Its very good game btw), I can clearly say, this is what happened to Unravel two and Mirrors Edge Catalyst. They are not bad games, but its EA- they know how to make mistakes:
1)Never announce the game and release it instanly. At least at/before E3, because everyone will be busy with other conferences.
2)Let the hype go. Show people some information slowly. But not like Smash. Infinite, with revealing half of your game in half an hour.
3)Show it more than once in important places like E3 or Gamescom (Nintendo direct also counts... I guess.) and make enough attention to your game.
For now, WWG fails in third one.
Now look at Metrod: Samus Returns. Outside of huge fan base, it was announced well at E3, got collectors edition, Amiibo, got hype, and released later. This was when 3DS already started slowly getting least attention.
Im not sure if I thats true, but Mario Party: Top 100 also performed well, without collectors edition and E3. Thats probably beacause it had enough fans.( Was that game really better that Star Rush anyway?)

What do I want to say, is that give your game enough attention and never let the hype go.

Last edited:
Thinking things over again, I think this is more reflective of what Nintendo thinks of the 3DS rather than WarioWare. It seems they wanted something that already had some name power and could be easily and cheaply made and expected to sell decently and so they went with WarioWare. If the game doesn't do well I don't think Nintendo will blame the game itself since I'm sure they're aware of all the stuff we've been pointing out like being on the 3DS and lack of advertisement.

If there WERE to be another warioware game; Here's my Expectations:
A. It'd be on the Nintendo Switch; Utilizing EVERY Feature of the Nintendo Switch; such as Motion Controls, the IR Camera, HD Rumble, etc Similar to how Warioware: Smooth Moves utilized the bulk of the Wiimote's Abilities
B. Don't bring the Voice Acting from Warioware Gold back(I'm honestly not a fan of it; It did fine without any voice acting, Why start putting it in now?!)
C. Bring Back 13-Amp in her OWN Campaign this time

Back