Boshi Thread

JS Shantae

Half-Genie Hero
Diamond City Insider
Boshi.jpg

"In Japan, Boshi's name is Washi (i.e. "Bad Yoshi"), created by combining the word "Yoshi" with the Japanese word for bad, "Warui". As such, Boshi is to Yoshi as Wario is to Mario, or Waluigi is to Luigi."
-MarioWiki

Though he's never interacted with Wario in any game, I've always associated Boshi with Wario. Would love to see them appear together in a game one day. (would love to see Boshi return in any capacity, really)

I realize that Square owns the rights to all of the original characters in the game, but seeing as how Boshi is a Yoshi, and Nintendo owns Yoshi, they should be clear to use him, right?

super_wario_world_by_stevenraybrown-d3dlhob.png

Always wondered if yoshi isle where you meet boshi as well as other yoshi's were a precursor to the yoshi's island in the next mario rpg game paper mario. Now that I remember don't remember boshi really doing much other than you needing to win a race in that section of the game. Always liked how he had those sharp shades it reminds me of the koopa troopa designs in the paper mario series.

Shady koopa in particular looks like boshi himself, with the blue and all.
It'd be interesting to see boshi back but I can really only see him in some sort of mario rpg if that were to happen. In the M&L series he wouldn't be too far off.
Sky_Blue_Troopa.png

I never thought about the shades/collar koopas from PM. The resemblance is rather uncanny.

Mario & Luigi seems like it would be a good vessel for Boshi's return. Hell, many of members of AlphaDream (the M&L devs) are ex-Square employees who worked on SMRPG! (it's why we get got that nice Geno cameo in Superstar Saga)

We've had a Baby Mario/Luigi game, a Bowser game, and a Paper Mario game, I think it's time for a Mario & Luigi featuring Wario and Waluigi.

mario_luigi_wario_and_waluigi_rpg_4ww_by_doctorwalui-d54jd99.png

I never thought about the shades/collar koopas from PM. The resemblance is rather uncanny.

Mario & Luigi seems like it would be a good vessel for Boshi's return. Hell, many of members of AlphaDream (the M&L devs) are ex-Square employees who worked on SMRPG! (it's why we get got that nice Geno cameo in Superstar Saga)

We've had a Baby Mario/Luigi game, a Bowser game, and a Paper Mario game, I think it's time for a Mario & Luigi featuring Wario and Waluigi.

View attachment 1625
Would have prefered that Mario and Luigi 4 over the real one. (dream team)

Back