[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

As of now, this topic is now pinned to the top of the Wario Land forum list. I mean, it wasn't gonna move very far regardless, but now it's a featured topic that will hopefully have even more attention paid to it.
As if it wasn't bumped enough ;)
But yeah, a pin always looks good :rolleyes:

Hey, what do you guys think of how the thumbnail of the treasure cutscenes looks like now? I think I will need to make a better description still...
We're certainly getting good reactions on the video though!

As if it wasn't bumped enough ;)
But yeah, a pin always looks good :rolleyes:
Hey, what do you guys think of how the thumbnail of the treasure cutscenes looks like now? I think I will need to make a better description still...
We're certainly getting good reactions on the video though!
I won't tell my opinions on the Thumbnail (duh), however, a nice description and some tags couldn't do wrong.

Also a link to the thread maybe? For more attention?

Hello, everyone. I came here from the RHDN thread. For anyone who isn't involved in that thread, my name is K3fka and I've been working on a RAM Map for WL3. I'm really more interested in the ASM side of rom hacking than anything else, so I don't know if I'll be contributing any level design to this. I can play levels and give feedback, and hopefully I can document a significant portion of the game going forward.

Anyway, here's the ram map. If you have anything to add to it, PM me here. I'll be working on a way to allow other contributors very soon.

Hello, everyone. I came here from the RHDN thread. For anyone who isn't involved in that thread, my name is K3fka and I've been working on a RAM Map for WL3. I'm really more interested in the ASM side of rom hacking than anything else, so I don't know if I'll be contributing any level design to this. I can play levels and give feedback, and hopefully I can document a significant portion of the game going forward.

Anyway, here's the ram map. If you have anything to add to it, PM me here. I'll be working on a way to allow other contributors very soon.
Hi, I remember you. I have a bit I could add for that, mostly object variables. Any particular reason you want to use your site instead of datacrystal though?
(also.... Ruuuuuudy-mentary? ;D)
I guess you could say they are pretty RUDYmentary! ...that was maybe a tad bit too lame, huh?
Maybe that should be the editor's name. :p

Hi, I remember you. I have a bit I could add for that, mostly object variables. Any particular reason you want to use your site instead of datacrystal though?
Well, most of my rom hacking experience has been on SMW Central, and what I had in mind was something like their ROM/RAM maps, and I was maybe going to try to build a site around it. Honestly, though, I don't have the time or skill to code the website myself, so I'm open to moving it elsewhere. As it is, it's just a little php script that reads from my mysql database, and it's easy for me to modify it with phpmyadmin.

Well, most of my rom hacking experience has been on SMW Central, and what I had in mind was something like their ROM/RAM maps, and I was maybe going to try to build a site around it. Honestly, though, I don't have the time or skill to code the website myself, so I'm open to moving it elsewhere. As it is, it's just a little php script that reads from my mysql database, and it's easy for me to modify it with phpmyadmin.
First of all: welcome!
I think another ASM hacker will be really nice, so... Yeah...

Anyway: dangit! If it was in HTML+CSS I could have helped you, bu I guess that won't be the case. I CAN see if I can learn some of that PHP stuff though.

I added you to the Developers list :)
Send a PM to 607 with your email adress, and he'll give you access to our Google Drive folder

Reactions: 607
No, unfortunately not :\ I would love to get it, but as they aren't made any more, it's pretty tough.
I could try to buy the rom though.
That's basically what I meant, it only costs a cent. :p And if you really wanted to use it on real hardware, you could buy a flashcart like the EMS-64M (though it's a huge PITA getting the drivers working on Win 7).

I've reversed most of wl3's music format, and I actually have it playing notes from lsdj, but some of the details might be a bit tricky to get working. I think it's either this or famitracker though. I think it would be even harder to port music from pokemon games because they don't seem to work in terms of "instruments", while WL3 does.

Reactions: 607
That's basically what I meant, it only costs a cent. :p And if you really wanted to use it on real hardware, you could buy a flashcart like the EMS-64M (though it's a huge PITA getting the drivers working on Win 7).

I've reversed most of wl3's music format, and I actually have it playing notes from lsdj, but some of the details might be a bit tricky to get working. I think it's either this or famitracker though. I think it would be even harder to port music from pokemon games because they don't seem to work in terms of "instruments", while WL3 does.
Famitracker is good too, right?

If we had a music editor (that was easy to use like, say.... the Mario Paint composer) then I think I could make some tracks for the hack. At least I'd try.

Back