Do you think Waluigi will appear in a Land/Ware game someday?

Will he appear?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • If we get a new Wario game someday.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
He'd be more likely to appear in a Wario Land game I think. If there was ever a two player Wario Land, Waluigi would surely be in it.

Why? Because Waluigi was designed to be Wario's Player 2.

I'm not usually the cynical type, but if Nintendo hasn't introduced him in the latest games, then i'm not feeling very hopeful for a appearance at the current moment.
Wario Land & Warioware for all intents and purposes have always been seperated from the Mario games in every way possible. and despite what Super Smash Bros. or Sakurai says,
Waluigi has always been a Mario character first and foremost rather then a Wario character. he debuted in a Mario game and even to this day he only appears in Mario titles despite Nintendo having many oppertunites to have him in the Wario games,
Like why wasn't he playable in Smooth Moves or in any of the recent Warioware titles? they have had so many chances and oppertunites to do so, but they never have once took them. will he appear someday? maybe, i've definitely been surprised before, but his chances of appearing in anything outside of Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart & the all the Sports spin-0ffs is pretty much non existent at this point. Hell even MK7 didn't have him, and that's a fucking Mario Kart game where he has always been a mainstay in. sure he comes back in MK8, but the fact that Metal Mario and Queen Honey Bee were given higher priority over him alone shows how relatively unimportant Waluigi is to Nintendo as a whole. and that really sucks, because i want to see him get more love not just in the Wario titles, but in general. he's a fun and wacky character who has a lot of potential to be just as interesting as Wario. (Look at Brawl in the family for an example of what i'm talking about.) but it seems that currently outside of the above mentioned titles, Nintendo basically pretends that he doesn't exist and that is just sad. maybe someday, Nintendo will give him the love that he so properly deserves, but right now, i'm not too hopeful at the current moment.

Last edited:
I don't really see it happening for the reasons TB1o0 has outlined but I have my own reservations in regards to this...

As I've mentioned a few times I am not fond of Waluigi mainly for the reason he was conceived which is a bit hypocritical for me to say if you know me well enough. The context is different however. As I've alluded to before, the Wario series is not like the Yoshi series in which there is a lot of overlap between that series and the main Mario series. It is more like the DK series in that while there are some connections to the Mario series and while some DK stuff does show up in in the Mario games, the reverse is relatively rare. The biggest thing being Cranky Kong's origins. Anyway, to get back on track while Wario has his origins in the Mario series, Waluigi is purely a Mario character and I don't see much of a way to include him nor much of a reason to include him. Wario Land is mostly a single player affair and WarioWare while loosely associated with the Land series is also loosely associated by the Mario series as well. I guess I would prefer the series to not be so overlapping.

(And I also don't think Waluigi is funny.)

but the fact that Metal Mario and Queen Honey Bee were given higher priority over him alone shows how relatively unimportant Waluigi is to Nintendo as a whole. and that really sucks,
You know it's sad when a character with so much potential is ignored when they decide to replace it with a metal version of just the same character and pretent it's a completely new one.
he's a fun and wacky character who has a lot of potential to be just as interesting as Wario.
I am glad you agree. The purple power of the wah is too strong to be ignored!

It's been years that Nintendo given anything new for this character aside filling the empty space for Wario to have a partner on Mario Tennis, Golf, Party, etc...

And I don't want to start with the rabid fans doing "so-called" memes and trying to contact Nintendo to give a ''purpose" in the Super Mario universe, those people make everything worse.

I don't see it happening, not even because of how any of the games treat him, but rather because Land, Ware and the Mario spin offs are all so seperate from each other that any kind of major overlap, apart from occasional Land references in Ware or the Wario content in the Mario spin offs seems very unlikely, this actually goes into a general issue I see with Wario in that there is not much of a consistend image of his franchise and character between the many series, with only the sports and party games making an attempt to acknowledge all aspects.

Personally speaking I like Waluigi, but I'd rather see something worthwhile be done with Wario's actual supporting cast looooong before anything for him is even considered.

(And I also don't think Waluigi is funny.)

That's the only point I don't agree at all, Waluigi is quite the charming character, had made me laugh a lot.
I just sadly don't believe he'll make it in the Wario Land series or the WarioWare series at all...

And the keyword is SADLY, because I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Wario Land or Ware game.

Although, Waluigi is now so attached to spinoffs that I can't picture him in those series.

Surprise me Nintendo!

I kind of just think he's poorly characterized as are most Mario characters but I will say he has potential. While aside from it being unlikely, I don't see how he would work in Land/Ware but I do think that in a different Wario spin-off he could work well and I would actually like seeing that.

Does anyone here honestly think Waluigi has earned the respect of Nintendo's producers? Think about how personal Nintendo's producers are about their own work.
Like Miyamoto never using Wario, or R&D1 only using Mario in their Mario Land games and nobody else (the very reason why Wario, Daisy and Tatanga even exist!)

Now look at Waluigi... a derivative, silly character whipped up by an outside studio (Camelot) for hollow purposes. What are the odds any producer at Nintendo would want him in their personal work? He has no place in the origins or legacy of native, first-party products like Land or Ware. Just because he's gained some popularity over the years from his silly random antics, it doesn't give him a free pass to the inner sanctum of Nintendo's creative pool. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo producers just see him as a third-party joke. Something reserved for shallow crossovers. This is probably the most likely answer to this never-ending speculation.

Last edited:
I always thought Waluigi was ignored by Nintendo, because of purple colour. Anyone heard about purple colors being removed in Japaneese games because its color of death? Thats what happened with Rayman for example!

I havent paid so much attention on Waluigi, but having him in one of Warios games will make me a little happy!

Back