Dream Job

Your name already lends itself well to being a wrestler name.
In the red corner, our new wrestler, THE BIIIIIIG MAAAAAGMAAAAAA. *epic music sets in as Magma runs towards the ring and rolls into the ring ready for battle*

Instead of running to ringside, perhaps Magma can be wheeled down in a mock oven or fiery kiln, a bit like how the Undertaker emerges from his coffin.

I used to love brainstorming and coming up with humorous wrestling moves and ring entrance titles. You can do an awful lot with a fiery theme.

"The brimstone basher"
"The man with the molten muscles"
"The flame who burns the brightest"

"Blazing back-melter"
"Lava Leg-lock"
"The Boiler"
"Scalding Skull Buster"
"Molten Typhoon"
"Volcanic Neck Chop"
"Flamin' Fire-Driver"
"The Roast" (elaborate finishing move - for special occasions)

Last edited:
Instead of running to ringside, perhaps Magma can be wheeled down in a mock oven or fiery kiln, a bit like how the Undertaker emerges from his coffin.

I used to love brainstorming and coming up with humorous wrestling moves and ring entrance titles. You can do an awful lot with a fiery theme.

"The brimstone basher"
"The man with the molten muscles"
"The flame who burns the brightest"

"Blazing back-melter"
"Lava Leg-lock"
"The Boiler"
"Scalding Skull Buster"
"Molten Typhoon"
"Volcanic Neck Chop"
"Flamin' Fire-Driver"
"The Roast" (elaborate finishing move - for special occasions)
Oh lord I don't think I could pull off such an elaborate gimmick.

I want to compose the score for Renegade Kid (a succesful game development HQ in Austin) and it's latest software.

And the best part is that this is all actually possible! I could attempt to get hired since I live in Texas and have composed several remixes and themes for fan-made games for computers.
Oh my. Re-reading one's oldest posts never fails to be quite a "cringeworthy" experience, however, this one is much too amusingly awful to pay it no mind. Let's dissect this atrocity for a moment:

I want to compose the score
Score? Since when were video game soundtracks "scores"?
succesful
Tsk tsk. "Successful" contains three S's. And is this studio's supposed success the only confounded reason you want a job there? Do you even know anything about them?
and it's latest software.
That's a bit of a redundant statement.
And the best part is that this is all actually possible
The best part of what, precisely? And how would this ever be impossible?
attempt to get hired
I believe the term you're searching for is "apply for a job".
fan-made games for computers
What other platforms would a fangame be developed for...?

...Alright, alright, I'm finished nitpicking. Heh. Anywho, I may as well make this post relevant to the topic at hand, thus, I'll restate what my "dream job" would be:

A composer. Ideally and more specifically, a freelance composer, but I won't kid myself; it's quite a pipe dream. Otherwise, I would happily settle for a simpler variation on the occupation, be it a video game composer or another similar alternative, but only if I retained full artistic control. None of that executive meddling nonsense.
Suppose my quintessential career choice never comes to fruition, I would certainly be content as a writer or, once/if it becomes a valid market again, hand-drawn animator. Anything artsy will do, so long as my creative freedom is completely unleashed and unrestrained.

Oh my. Re-reading one's oldest posts never fails to be quite a "cringeworthy" experience, however, this one is much too amusingly awful to pay it no mind. Let's dissect this atrocity for a moment:

Score? Since when were video game soundtracks "scores"?

Tsk tsk. "Successful" contains three S's. And is this studio's supposed success the only confounded reason you want a job there? Do you even know anything about them?

That's a bit of a redundant statement.

The best part of what, precisely? And how would this ever be impossible?

I believe the term you're searching for is "apply for a job".

What other platforms would a fangame be developed for...?

...Alright, alright, I'm finished nitpicking. Heh. Anywho, I may as well make this post relevant to the topic at hand, thus, I'll restate what my "dream job" would be:

A composer. Ideally and more specifically, a freelance composer, but I won't kid myself; it's quite a pipe dream. Otherwise, I would happily settle for a simpler variation on the occupation, be it a video game composer or another similar alternative, but only if I retained full artistic control. None of that executive meddling nonsense.
Suppose my quintessential career choice never comes to fruition, I would certainly be content as a writer or, once/if it becomes a valid market again, hand-drawn animator. Anything artsy will do, so long as my creative freedom is completely unleashed and unrestrained.

Sheesh... That's a bit rough, Pigmask. Verbally belittling poor Bobo/"Pigmaster Colnel" like that. He was perfectly happy to work for that successful studio in Austin, and you grind his nose into the gravel like shards of a broken dream. I don't care if you are a colonel and can have me shot. Disgusting conduct, sir!

Anyway, while I'm waiting for the firing squad, I'll just add to my earlier post and mention my main career goal is to become a totally self-reliant creator, but I'd also like to hire some outside/freelance talent down the road on a couple of projects. Your classical style would certainly fit the bill on a soundtrack I've been brainstorming for ages.

Metal wants to be a mother cat when he grows up.

It feels like it anyways I tried volunteering before at my local shelter. It's incredibly tiring so I'm not sure I'll ever do it again in the future I'm content as is I pretty much have the same personality as a cat anyways. Taking care of the cats and dogs were nice and therapeutic, seeing them happy made me happy I suppose. Clipping the toenails is a huge hassle though.

Last edited:
The Big Mama would be pretty great : p

Though, technically speaking, the name has already been taken with "The Big Show", so it wouldnt be a name that would go over well anyway : p

Mango Madness, though...... haha.

I also did some work at an animal shelter once. It was a big RSPCA outlet (I think it's ASPCA in America).

Anyway, I was only there for a day doing some maintenance work, but I'd never want to go back. The sheer amount of noise from all those poor dogs and the horrid smell of the place was pretty unbearable. I have huge respect for the people who work there. Like Metal said, it's very hard work, and apparently that nasty smell rubs off on you, which would make getting around in public pretty embarassing.

Back