Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Auto scroll

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
Each game is different, but many platformer games (especially those in the larger Mario universe, like the Wario series) share the same level types. So which one is your favorite?

I usually like Over worlds just because the upbeat music that plays during them and usually fast pace moving that goes on. I actually like Underground they are usually a slower pace,nobody likes Water or Auto-Scrolling...I'd be surprised if somebody did! XD And air platforms usually are annoying and slow. And it's quite easy to die on them just by falling off,and there is a lot of flying enemies so it just makes it even more easy to die. (Unless there is a ground below the player,but usually that is not the case. ._.)

I usually like Over worlds just because the upbeat music that plays during them and usually fast pace moving that goes on. I actually like Underground they are usually a slower pace,nobody likes Water or Auto-Scrolling...I'd be surprised if somebody did! XD And air platforms usually are annoying and slow. And it's quite easy to die on them just by falling off,and there is a lot of flying enemies so it just makes it even more easy to die. (Unless there is a ground below the player,but usually that is not the case. ._.)

Ahem.... "nobody likes water"? I thought that was just a popular thing to say on the Internet (how much truth is in it?)

Some of the most beautiful places in video game history are underwater scenes. They help flesh out the game's variety and pace, and are always an opportunity to immerse the player in rich ambience and atmosphere. Take the original Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land.... both have some absolutely gorgeous water levels for their respective platforms. Wario Land 1 and 2 also had some lovely, easy-going water sections. Ecco the Dolphin speaks for itself (though is an acquired taste, I'll grant you).

Games with bad swimming controls make them a choir, however.

Last edited:
Ahem.... "nobody likes water"? I thought that was just a popular thing to say on the Internet (how much truth is in it?)

Some of the most beautiful places in video game history are underwater scenes. They help flesh out the game's variety and pace, and are always an opportunity to immerse the player in rich ambience and atmosphere. Take the original Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land.... both have some absolutely gorgeous water levels for their respective platforms. Wario Land 1 and 2 also had some lovely, easy-going water sections. Ecco the Dolphin speaks for itself (though is an acquired taste, I'll grant you).

I was more on the mindset of Sonic & Mario. So I totally forgot about some actually good Water levels...So I probably shouldn't have said that. =/

I typically just like it alone where the character is using the environment as means to their advantage for platforming. This applies to many: Cities, Mountains, Temples... Really though I think either City or Typical Overworld types tend to be my favorite.

I like too many to list... Aside from Water Levels. Unless it's actually fun, They are as expected the least favorite.

Depends on the game.
In straight forward ones like mario i like castle levels for the challenge.
in fast paced sonic gimme overworld levels so i can blast through everything.
in explory ones like wario i want horror levels since they already have the puzzle thing going for them so it works even better.

I like sky levels, or levels that generally have a lot of verticality to them. For example, Super Mario Sunshine has a lot of areas where you can get way up high and look out over the world, I love when a game gives you that opportunity. I also love the thrill of being in a precarious position, knowing that you could easily fall to your death at any time : ) Rainbow Ride best SM64 level.

I like sky levels, or levels that generally have a lot of verticality to them. For example, Super Mario Sunshine has a lot of areas where you can get way up high and look out over the world, I love when a game gives you that opportunity. I also love the thrill of being in a precarious position, knowing that you could easily fall to your death at any time : ) Rainbow Ride best SM64 level.

Oh man those kinds of levels have always sat badly for me. What you call thrill sometimes give me anxiety haha, remember playing rainbow ride as a kid not wanting to fall off so I just kept swaying from right to left.

Reactions: 607
I hate rainbow ride in sm64 : p I pretty much always skip that level entirely when I play it, haha : p

And I agree with Metal, haunted house levels are the best levels. Theyre always the most fascinating, like going through a beat up old mansion, even though its just a video game, its really fun to imagine what the old building used to be : p I love those kind of levels in video games. I remember when I played The Last Story for Wii, there was a haunted house level, I thought it was the coolest thing to have it in a modern JRPG, haha.

No one mentioned ice levels, though D : I love snowy ice levels. Especially in 3d platformers. Theyre magical and pretty, and always have the best music.

Back