General Gaming social thread

I had the GBC Rage Wars and it was a pretty assey and frustrating sidescroller. Though it did have a completely different "plot" from the console version that incorporated stuff from the extremely obscure Acclaim Comics run so that's kinda neat I guess

i'm watching a playthrough of the GBC Turok 3 and it fucks me up the game starts with turok driving a tank

The Game Boy games do have an awesome soundtrack. this is because they were composed by Alberto Jose GOnzalez, a great composer who doesn't get much recognition since most of his soundtrack were on crappy late NES and Game Boy licensed games

I actually for real watched a video on all the turok handheld games like the night before you guys posted d about them btw : p It seems that they made one for each of the n64 + Evolution, despite games now actually having anything to do with them, haha.

Ive heard that the gba one was good, but too difficult. Makes me wonder if it had cheats available.

Have you tried it, @Glowsquid?

Oh also, Ive been thinking about something lately. I think that most people assume that Im like anti new games, and only want to play old games. Thats not really true.

I dont actually hate modern games, I mean I dont like the style most of them are taking. But there are pleanty of games that look interesting to me coming out, especially for switch.

My biggest thing is whether or not they are worth buying. These past few years, Ive found that I enjoy playing older games, but beyond that, there are still tons of games that I havent even had the chance to try. Like, with xbox and dreamcast, I for real completely missed out on those consoles, and am only now getting to try them.

And yeah, I dont have a whole lot of money, I have alot of bills to pay and I also help take care of my mom whos retired. So like, yeah some games of today look cool and junk, but theyre prettt expensive, and on top of that Im having alot of fun either trying games Ive never tried, or even having fun playing games I havent played in a while

So like, theres just not much motivation to spend the money to play modern games, outside of keeping up with the times, which has never been a motivation for me : p

Ill totally try them one day in the future when I catch up, for sure : p Im just not in a hurry now, when I still have games for older consoles to look forward to, haha.

Oh also, Ive been thinking about something lately. I think that most people assume that Im like anti new games, and only want to play old games. Thats not really true.

I dont actually hate modern games, I mean I dont like the style most of them are taking. But there are pleanty of games that look interesting to me coming out, especially for switch.

My biggest thing is whether or not they are worth buying. These past few years, Ive found that I enjoy playing older games, but beyond that, there are still tons of games that I havent even had the chance to try. Like, with xbox and dreamcast, I for real completely missed out on those consoles, and am only now getting to try them.

And yeah, I dont have a whole lot of money, I have alot of bills to pay and I also help take care of my mom whos retired. So like, yeah some games of today look cool and junk, but theyre prettt expensive, and on top of that Im having alot of fun either trying games Ive never tried, or even having fun playing games I havent played in a while

So like, theres just not much motivation to spend the money to play modern games, outside of keeping up with the times, which has never been a motivation for me : p

Ill totally try them one day in the future when I catch up, for sure : p Im just not in a hurry now, when I still have games for older consoles to look forward to, haha.

Why dislike @Crescent-Moon Villager

Will you ever get the Toejam and Earl game for the Xbox?

This was a terrible review-

What I basically got from it was that it would have been a good game if it were released for dreamcast instead of n64.

Their other complaints were lame, too. They talkrd about bad enemy AI and the fact that enemies miss all the time, then openly said they played it on easy.

They also complained about needing an expansion pack. I dunno how they didnt know this, I was like 11 when it came out, and I was well aware it needed one before we ever even had the game.

Console bias totally ruined this review. I like everyone else have biases, like I hate playstation controlers. But Im pretty sure I dont put down games merely because I dont like the console they came out on.

Bad reviews are nothing new and all that, yeah. I actually really like this guy though : p I know hes a big sega nerd, and I knew he wasnt as big on n64, but sheeesh Im glad hes matured and doesnt just hate n64 like that anymore : p

Oh, also they said something about it being golden eye, cuz made by same company and used same engine. While I can understanding liking a previois game over a later game that used the same engine, but improved, just because it started off such a game, I dont think its a valid reason to say the game is bad.

If it is, we should also use the same reasoning for other games.

Turok dinosair hunter was great. Turok 2 is now a bad game cuz improved engine.

Wcw vs nwo world tour was great, wcw revenge and wwf no mercy are now bad cuz same engine.

Ocarina of time is good, majoras mask is now bad cuz same engine

Thats an extremely poor argument against a video game : p

Waiting for a new Nintendo Direct...
Hp7aA2I.gif

@Glowsquid mark 3? Dunno what youre talking about : p Should show me

The reviews he made after starting his Patreon. They have "MK3" in the title.

They started out, like, fine but for some reason Mark Bussler thought the best way to maintain an excellent average of 10k per month was to make 500 different kickstarters and endlessly shill them during the videos, drive running gags into the ground, make very low-effort clickbaity videos (WhoDefeatz,,, *shudder*) and overall feel a lot more forced and less fun

I'm sounding sardonic here but watching CGR's collapse in real time was Not Fun (I'm told the amazon videos are better)

Back