General Gaming social thread

Few days back the internet was out for the time being so I decided to look through some old games of mine. Found d Bioshock Infinite which I owned since like 2014-15. Hadi played it though or any Bioshock game for that matter but better late than never. So far I'm really enjoying it's story which was a surprise. I was just expecting fun gameplay some decent graphics and nothing more but I'm fully invested now

Few days back the internet was out for the time being so I decided to look through some old games of mine. Found d Bioshock Infinite which I owned since like 2014-15. Hadi played it though or any Bioshock game for that matter but better late than never. So far I'm really enjoying it's story which was a surprise. I was just expecting fun gameplay some decent graphics and nothing more but I'm fully invested now

My mom keeps pushing me to play that game. She way likes it too. Im not all that excited about trying it but ahe insists that Ill like it.

I might try it, at a time I have absolutely nothing else to play.

My mom keeps pushing me to play that game. She way likes it too. Im not all that excited about trying it but ahe insists that Ill like it.

I might try it, at a time I have absolutely nothing else to play.
Well if you got no other games it could fill the void for a bit yeah. Unless your into hordes of enemies kinda fps games it's hard to say if you'll *definitely* like it

With the rerelease of tales of vesperia, Im seeing alot of people post online about how its the "greatest tales of game ever" and Im kinda surprised about it

I know that anytime someone likes an older game better that they just have "nostalgia" goggles or whatever, but I remember playing this game being super psyched about it when it came out, and by the end being somewhat dissapointed.

I actually played tales of the abyss AFTER vesperia, and I liked abyss a ton, moreso than vesperia. Ita close to ToS imo

I know most people will just accuse me of "nostalgia", but I never felt that ToV was a super strong game. Its a good game, and I really like it. But I feel the whole " best tales game" is just hype over the rerelease/ kids whoa first jrpg was ToV

My game store, where I get all my used retro games, has shut down : (

I may have to start buying all my games online, which means Ill have to spend alot more money on them : (

Am kinda sad. Hope I can find a new good place to buy games from.

Got Kirby Star Allies today. Always wanted to understand the appeal of this franchise.
I guess I started to.
Not sure if that's why everyone else likes it, but it's just so cute and vivid and stylish! And how it's designed not to be constant action and movement ;w; Also returning of the major characters is a big deal. What a nice way to treat the game's legacy. Cool.
I only got to Planet Popstar in one session, but I already adore its atmosphere abd relaxing gameplay.

Ive been playing mass effect 2 lately.

One thing I often see people say of this game is that its a "piece of art"

Im only ten hours into the game so far, but I feel like people use this term for video games too liberally. I mean with this game, its fun. But its not like beautiful, or inspiring, or thought provoking or like emotionally charged in a way that most other action rpgs are. I might agree on an asthetic level, but Id say that title shoulr go to the first one though. It was pretty unique for its time, where they kinda made the second one gritty, which has been the style of most games for the past ten years or so.

Ive always thought it was dumb to say a videogame could never be art, but Ive also always hated it when people call every game they play art. Not every game is art. Sometimes a game is just a game, using general mechanics to make something people will buy.

I think calling a game art should mean theres something special to it, more than "lotsa fun", like driving is fun but its not art.

Would like to hear others opinions on the subject.

Screenshot_2019-03-06-16-09-33.png
For those of you who own a switch, turok is coming out on the console.

You guys should totally consider trying it. Is one of the funnest n64 games.

View attachment 9338For those of you who own a switch, turok is coming out on the console.

You guys should totally consider trying it. Is one of the funnest n64 games.

Holy mackerel... Now there's a surprise, considering how Acclaim are just dust and whispers on a gentle nostalgic breeze. I wonder who secured the rights to those old games (I also wonder HOW they did it, and whether we'll see other Acclaim games like Vexx or the Legends of Wrestling titles...)

I wonder if they're going to update it, or just port it to the virtual console in all its early 3D glory. Will the Acclaim logos and credits be kept or replaced by new management? I sure do wonder a lot...
Whatever the case, that promotional art makes me want to dust off Turok Evolution and get just a little further (in 17 years I've never beaten it).

Holy mackerel... Now there's a surprise, considering how Acclaim are just dust and whispers on a gentle nostalgic breeze. I wonder who secured the rights to those old games (I also wonder HOW they did it, and whether we'll see other Acclaim games like Vexx or the Legends of Wrestling titles...)

I wonder if they're going to update it, or just port it to the virtual console in all its early 3D glory. Will the Acclaim logos and credits be kept or replaced by new management? I sure do wonder a lot...
Whatever the case, that promotional art makes me want to dust off Turok Evolution and get just a little further (in 17 years I've never beaten it).

Yeah, I miss acclaim : ( I mean Ive only played turok, shadowman and vexx but those games were great.

And I know that SOMEONE put out a high def version of turok 1 and 2 (@Glowsquid would know better than I), but no idea how the copyright laws work :p

And haha yeah I was never able to beat evolution either :p Its a fun game though! Well the gamecube version anyway, it wasnt as good on ps2. But I had a blast with it on gc, not as good as the n64 games but still fun.

You should totally beat it though, yeah. Haha.

Yeah, I miss acclaim : ( I mean Ive only played turok, shadowman and vexx but those games were great.

And I know that SOMEONE put out a high def version of turok 1 and 2 (@Glowsquid would know better than I), but no idea how the copyright laws work :p

And haha yeah I was never able to beat evolution either :p Its a fun game though! Well the gamecube version anyway, it wasnt as good on ps2. But I had a blast with it on gc, not as good as the n64 games but still fun.

You should totally beat it though, yeah. Haha.

Well, I just finished my breakfast and decided today is the day I'll start my new master file in it. I'll just stagger through it at a leisurely pace and enjoy the ride. Such a charming little game to have over tea or coffee when I take a break from course work.
All those blood-thirsty reptiles and murderous dino-people...

Holy mackerel... Now there's a surprise, considering how Acclaim are just dust and whispers on a gentle nostalgic breeze. I wonder who secured the rights to those old games

A few years back a company specialized in remaking old PC games called Night Dive Studios released remasters of Turok and Turok 2 for PC and Xbox One. They'Re now bringing them to Switch and if they're anything like the existing versions, they'll be amazing.

I have both remasters on PC and I can't recommend them enough. They run and control fantastically, have ton of graphical options for power users (so you can enable all sort of obnoxious post-processing or on the contrary, have the game look more or less like it did on the N64 [fog included], albeit at much higher resolution and framerate) and include small level design tweaks and accessibility options (most of which can be disable if you're a purist). And yeah, they have the Acclain and Iguana vanity plates.

A few years back a company specialized in remaking old PC games called Night Dive Studios released remasters of Turok and Turok 2 for PC and Xbox One. They'Re now bringing them to Switch and if they're anything like the existing versions, they'll be amazing.

I have both remasters on PC and I can't recommend them enough. They run and control fantastically, have ton of graphical options for power users (so you can enable all sort of obnoxious post-processing or on the contrary, have the game look more or less like it did on the N64 [fog included], albeit at much higher resolution and framerate) and include small level design tweaks and accessibility options (most of which can be disable if you're a purist). And yeah, they have the Acclain and Iguana vanity plates.

Sounds like it was quite the labour of love/passion project for Night Dive. I don't think I've ever seen you recommend a game without a hint of reserve or playful cynicism before now, so it must be a keeper!

I love both the ps1 and the n64 but like, everytime I see people arguing about the two consoles I always always see playstation fans use the "more games" argument, like as if this objective truth conpletely destroys any argument as to why the n64 is a great console too.

I can see how "more games = better" seems like a strong argument. LIke yeah it had more games, but that doesnt equal better quality. The ps1 had amazing games, but so did n64. Those of us who grew up with a n64 were just as blown away by the great games on the console as ps1 owners were for the great games on their console. I think the only people whod say this are people who did not have a n64 during the time they had a ps1. Yeah sure, they got one later, but they are already biased to ps1, so no matter what they will see the ps1 as superior.

The n64 had high quality games, responding with "yeah well the playstation had more games overall" doesnt really change the fact that the n64 had high quality games.

Im okay with someones subjective opinion that the ps1 had the kinda games they enjoyed more, I totally get that. But so often I see people post that as if its their automatic victory in any argument, and I always feel like its such a dumb thing to say : p It might have 1000s of games, but that just means that theres gonna be alot of low quality games to dig through to find the ones worth playing : p

Last edited:
It's weird seeing all this console war bs since it really shouldn't matter lul, growing up in the 90s nobody argued which system was better even though you were lead to believe that due to ads, besides both system had games that are now playable in each other's consoles like with crash and the crash trilogy anyways so oof.

It's weird seeing all this console war bs since it really shouldn't matter lul, growing up in the 90s nobody argued which system was better even though you were lead to believe that due to ads, besides both system had games that are now playable in each other's consoles like with crash and the crash trilogy anyways so oof.

That wasnt my experience at all, the kids around me totally argued over ps1 and n64, haha

I do agree with one thing, though. Theres really no reason you cant enjoy both. I think they're both great.

I do like talking (not arguing passionately) about which one people like more, though. I dont think that throwing your support in for one or the other as like "this is my team" automatically has to lead to disputes.

Back