General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

I recreated his sprite from the video.

And then I made a Classic version.
wariosprite.jpg

It's not even a 16x16 sprite. Cheaters!

I recreated his sprite from the video.

And then I made a Classic version.
View attachment 749

It's not even a 16x16 sprite. Cheaters!

I noticed the same thing about the enemy sprites. Interesting style, but very few actually fit the tile limits for real NES/SNES games. Same with the palettes to be honest, you're not supposed to have this many colours on a NES sprite.

I noticed the same thing about the enemy sprites. Interesting style, but very few actually fit the tile limits for real NES/SNES games. Same with the palettes to be honest, you're not supposed to have this many colours on a NES sprite.
Then he'd have to look like this:
wariosprite3.jpg

Except he'd still not be 16x16 so we'd have to scrunch him down to this:

wariosprite4.jpg

Those jingles... music to my ears <3

...well... I guess it already is music :U

Oh and apparently you unlock more costumes by beating these 10 or 100 Mario challenges.

Awesome! :D Really, that made me shout out loud! That's really cool, a reference to the original Wario Land in an official Nintendo game (it is official, right? Or is it just licensed and supported heavily?) must be really rare!

This game now has like a million percent more Wario Land representation than Smash Bros ever had.

HOW DOES IT FEEL, SAKURAI?!?!

SSSSSUCK IT!!!

...anyway,... xD
I also love how Wario will always have a special spot on this game's title screen along with his costume. =w=

(00:09)

"Super Wario Maker"
I like to think of that as a nod to DIY and how that also used Mario Paint as template.

I think Mario Paint and Wario DIY were closely knit together to begin with. When the "E" was pressed it made a sound from DIY/Mario Paint but I can't exactly point it out just like the baby talking sound effect.
(07:38)

Gotta love all of the Wario series love in this game. <3

Ermahgerd Ashley.

Back