How has this year been for you?

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
Now that only only a few days remain until next year, I have a question for you all: How has this year been for you? Have you had a nice year, or was it just plain bad? Or was it something in between? For me, the latter one is the case; I have had a great year when it comes to discovering new things and playing new games, with WarioWare Gold as this year’s absolute pinnacle. (For me at least.) :) I also graduated, and started a new study, one I still have much dedication for, despite it being a rather heavy one at times.

However, as to be expected, I also went through some less pleasant events, especially in the latter half of the year. Last summer, I caught a nasty gut inflammation, which made me progressively ill over the course of a few months to the point that I couldn’t even do basic activities anymore, and lost almost 9 kg of weight. Fortunately, after undergoing heavy treatment, I recovered quite rapidly, though the cure was not pleasant at all and I’m still not fully healed. This is also the reason I haven’t been as much online as I used to do.

But all in all, I think that this year, with the exception for September to early December, hasn’t been that bad. Unlike many people, I rarely have any serious new year’s resolutions, NoNoNo: but this time, I have one: I will try to be more online and be more involved with the Forums.

Despite my earlier statement however, I’m actually quite glad this year is coming to an end, and I think I have never been more looking forward to a new year before. I’m trying to organise a new year’s party with my friends, and my family. I hope it will be great, and I also hope 2019 will be a great year, even though realistically speaking, I don’t see any reason why next year will be any better than 2018.

But to come back to the main question: how was this year to you?

The worst rollercoaster of emotions and stress I've ever had the displeasure or living through. Just too crazy of a year.

The worst rollercoaster of emotions and stress I've ever had the displeasure or living through. Just too crazy of a year.

Looking back, it felt the same for me too, just not that bad as you described, though. I've had my fair share of stress too, with getting ill just when it couldn't get much worse.

Well, this year (among many other things) I've sucked in school (10th grade), gotten 2 jobs, still sucked in school (11th grade), started writing songs, gone to Summer camp and come the closest I've ever come to having a girlfriend (lol), celebrated Hanukkah, started collecting retro games/consoles, gone to 4 Broadway plays, met Bruce Springsteen, and to top it all off I've joined this discussion forum that I randomly! So I've had my ups and downs, but overall it's been a not-too-bad year and I'm excited about the next one.

Eh, it's been a pretty mediocre year overall. Work was okay I guess. The few games I bothered with were decently fun (though they were pretty much just WarioWare Gold and Smash Bros Ultimate) and I got some stuff done on Gaming Reinvented, but I feel so much more could have been done then.

Can't complain, been doing well financially but still putting of school stuff...which lets be honest, I dont need school to do what I want. I can make it myself, everything I need is right here at my fingertips! (Note to my future self...if things dont work out...everyone told you so)

2019 has been more or less an extension of 2018 to me, in both the positive and negative sense. The only notable exception would be September, when I was feeling ill for quite a time, and was in hospital for a week, but luckily quickly got better.

2019 has been very unique. It's definitely the most different year I had experienced this decade! Usually, I have more experiences online than real life, but it was somewhat the opposite this time. It had its good and bad times, and sadly the last week of November and the first week of December has been probably the hardest so far.

The first half of 2019 was better with an excellent academic performance and getting along really well with who I'd call my real life best friend. The second half was still pretty good, but was more difficult because I had lost my online best friend which is admittedly my fault due to my lack of being online. And while my real life bestie and I still get on very well, we had both been struggling a bit more mentally nowadays. I haven't been doing very well academically this semester either.

All in all, 2019 was one of my best years this decade.

2019 has been more or less an extension of 2018 to me, in both the positive and negative sense. The only notable exception would be September, when I was feeling ill for quite a time, and was in hospital for a week, but luckily quickly got better.

September sounded very rough! So glad that illness was very short-lived. Must've been scary.

September sounded very rough! So glad that illness was very short-lived. Must've been scary

It wasn't short-lived. Though I certainly wish it was. It was bothering me well over a month before, and it only got worse. And it wasn't the first time either. But for now it's over, and I can live a normal life. What's actually scary is that I don't know for how long before it will be back.

It wasn't short-lived. Though I certainly wish it was. It was bothering me well over a month before, and it only got worse. And it wasn't the first time either. But for now it's over, and I can live a normal life. What's actually scary is that I don't know for how long before it will be back.
Man, yeah I can see why you'd be scared. No seriously, life isn't fair at all. Regardless, it's great you get to enjoy life again, may it be good and enjoyable for as long as possible.

Man, yeah I can see why you'd be scared. No seriously, life isn't fair at all. Regardless, it's great you get to enjoy life again, may it be good and enjoyable for as long as possible.

Indeed, it ain't fair. I have known this for a long time, and once you accept this, it actually makes life much more bearable.

Between my great aunts death and constant schedule shifting in work and my first nephews birth I'd say it has been a lot to take in. I can only hope next year will be really chill and I can start focusing on myself

Back