I hate when they say (General Chit Chat version)

Ethnic/national/"racial"* pride pisses me off to no end. Save your pride for something that you actually accomplish you stupid twats.

* We're all the same fucking species.

EDIT: This was supposed to go in the Pet Peeves thread, I don't know how it ended up here... I think I'm losing my mind. Again
Straight outta DPRK, step aside you imperialist!

Ethnic/national/"racial"* pride pisses me off to no end. Save your pride for something that you actually accomplish you stupid twats.

* We're all the same fucking species.

EDIT: This was supposed to go in the Pet Peeves thread, I don't know how it ended up here... I think I'm losing my mind. Again.

I completely agree on the ¨racial pride¨ thing, but national or ethnic pride doesn't have to be a bad thing. I'm pretty proud of my country, but I don't see what's wrong with that. As long as you don't discriminate others, but that's something that I consider to be below my standards.

I agree with the race thing. While I understand the whole "stop putting white people under negative stereotypes/generalizations" thing, I dont like the people who talk about being "proud" of being white thing. Its just the color of your skin, its not some great thing. Were all people and all that junk.

I dont think its all wrong to be proud of your nation, though. I dont really feel that proud to be an American, though : p Dont take that the wrong way though, Im also not one of those people who turn the flag upside down and say "I hate America" or any of that : p Im just kinda...... I dunno.... I just live here : p Theres alot about my country that I like, though. So I guess theres SOME pride, but you wont see me proudly waving a flag or anything : p
I dont have anything against anyone who does, though.

What's important when it comes to pride in oneself is to know that we're all individuals. The sooner we learn this the better we'd be off instead of having people quote on quote just siding with their own kind, not saying it's bad to have some pride in your heritage but I guess it depends on how far a person goes if it becomes a stepping stone towards feeling superior to another race. Just know that we all fight and live on the same blue planet we call home.

What's important when it comes to pride in oneself is to know that we're all individuals. The sooner we learn this the better we'd be off instead of having people quote on quote just siding with their own kind, not saying it's bad to have some pride in your heritage but I guess it depends on how far a person goes if it becomes a stepping stone towards feeling superior to another race. Just know that we all fight and live on the same blue planet we call home.

That's why I'm against nationalism overall tbh. People take it too far, and start dehumanizing. (It's never done well for anyone, let's be real. Especially when in power/in government.) Nothing wrong with pride, as long as it's not delusional pride.

In relation to the actual topic, I get really annoyed when people say stuff like "art/music/writing nowadays is terrible" when compared to the past. Like honey, art standards and tastes change, don't latch too hard to the past. (This isn't to say old art is bad, but I'm a pretty big fan of modern stuff.)

i hate when they say you cannot cross line in grass but i walk into grass and police do not stop because they know i am warrior of countrymen

I hate when they say " my sister kokone will never come back " miss ya :CCCCCCCC8

I really hate it when people say that climate change is fake. It's not. Climate change is a serious problem, and hiding from it by denying its existence won't help anyone. I don't get how anyone can pretend it's not happening even though it's perfectly clear it's happening right now and won't stop anytime soon, especially when there are people who keep ignoring it. I'm 19 years old, and even I can see that the climate has changed significantly, and that nature is leading the calendar by almost half a season in some years. I also have an issue with people who aknowledge climate change but deny humanity's role in it, or think we shouldn't do anything because it's already too late.

I know this was from a year ago but seeing it again I have an urge to write a response to it. Being a historian by training, the concept of Nationalism is one that comes up a lot and so I feel compelled to write a response to the stuff said here. For the sake of clarity, I'm conflating the terms ethnic/national/racial into just Nationalism and while they're not exactly the same, in this context they're pretty comparable.

First, I need to expose certain biases in the argument against Nationalism. For one, Western society in general emphasizes individuality. However, that isn't the case everywhere. Places like Asia and South America place a greater emphasis on the community than on the individual. Is one better than the other? I'm not the one to make the call but I'm just bringing that up in trying to introduce more perspectives into that argument. Another bias is that it's harder to understand the importance of Nationalism when you live in an already well developed country. Nationalism is at its best as a motivation for people in places where their living conditions are less than ideal.

So in saying that, Nationalism isn't just blind pride in having been coincidentally been born somewhere.

(It's never done well for anyone, let's be real. Especially when in power/in government.)
I'll admit that Nationalism has definitely been abused and continues to be a useful tool for those seeking to gain power for themselves. However, it has worked as a way to motivate people to overthrow unjust regimes and to try to improve their home countries. It's really a tool that can be used for good or bad and can be a source of pride and motivation for those who want to see their home fortunes improve.

Phew, tried to not ramble too much but I do love writing about history.

I know this was from a year ago but seeing it again I have an urge to write a response to it. Being a historian by training, the concept of Nationalism is one that comes up a lot and so I feel compelled to write a response to the stuff said here. For the sake of clarity, I'm conflating the terms ethnic/national/racial into just Nationalism and while they're not exactly the same, in this context they're pretty comparable.

First, I need to expose certain biases in the argument against Nationalism. For one, Western society in general emphasizes individuality. However, that isn't the case everywhere. Places like Asia and South America place a greater emphasis on the community than on the individual. Is one better than the other? I'm not the one to make the call but I'm just bringing that up in trying to introduce more perspectives into that argument. Another bias is that it's harder to understand the importance of Nationalism when you live in an already well developed country. Nationalism is at its best as a motivation for people in places where their living conditions are less than ideal.

So in saying that, Nationalism isn't just blind pride in having been coincidentally been born somewhere.

I'll admit that Nationalism has definitely been abused and continues to be a useful tool for those seeking to gain power for themselves. However, it has worked as a way to motivate people to overthrow unjust regimes and to try to improve their home countries. It's really a tool that can be used for good or bad and can be a source of pride and motivation for those who want to see their home fortunes improve.

Phew, tried to not ramble too much but I do love writing about history.

Wow, never saw it that way.

Gosh diddily I just got reminded that I hate when they say
"I didn't ask"
Well, I hate when it's used unironically.
Wait, UNIRONICALLY? Just reminded me. I also hate
"it's only irony if it's funny"
Only heard/seen that once but it's just stupid.

I hate some exaggerations, like "no food." I heard my older brother saying that my younger brother eats so much that there's "no food." And before I got over most of my depression, my dad said there will be "no food" since he preordered WWG for me.

I hate some exaggerations, like "no food." I heard my older brother saying that my younger brother eats so much that there's "no food." And before I got over most of my depression, my dad said there will be "no food" since he preordered WWG for me.

Well, there will be no food left when you invite Wario to a dinner. :whirled:

Truth be told, parents say that because it's true, if they start buying you stuff, they might not get to the end of the month with enough money to make meals for the whole family. It's hard to get enough money to barely go through the months when you have kids. You have to cut down on a lot of unnecessary stuff. Not saying that your parents have difficulties financially, but the excuse is not farfetched, trust me.
If this excuse is not true and your family has indeed a lot of money, it's obvious that they're not doing this because they're dumb or unfair, it's to let you know the importance of money and the priorities that you have when spending it.

Truth be told, parents say that because it's true, if they start buying you stuff, they might not get to the end of the month with enough money to make meals for the whole family. It's hard to get enough money to barely go through the months when you have kids. You have to cut down on a lot of unnecessary stuff. Not saying that your parents have difficulties financially, but the excuse is not farfetched, trust me.
If this excuse is not true and your family has indeed a lot of money, it's obvious that they're not doing this because they're dumb or unfair, it's to let you know the importance of money and the priorities that you have when spending it.

That's true. A good parent should teach you about money and how it's not always simple to get it and spend it wisely.

Back