Mario Party 10 - Wario Amiibo Board

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
Alright, I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but has anyone tried Wario's board in amiibo Party?

Well I just had the chance to get my hands on Mario Party 10 and let me tell you, even though the boards are kinda poor and simple, gosh those little references are so awesome!

Wario_amiibo_Board.png

Aww yeah! You probably saw this already!

In the top left corner you can find:
  • A Wario Temple, which rolls a slot machine each round, randomly revealing 0 to 3 die. If a player lands on that spot, they'll be allowed to throw the number of dice displayed, for coins! That's a gorgeous looking golden head of Wario there, if you ask me!
  • A machine looking like the one you get in Game & Wario, after finishing the collection, it does nothing, but it's still a nice touch to reference how Wario is all about bets and money!
  • Next to the machine there a sign with a top hat, kinda like the one he wears in WarioWare Snapped!
  • And of course, there's a pile of treasures on a carpet, I think.
In the top right corner:
  • A garlic tomb, tottems and bunch of money! Gnarly!
  • But the best of this section, is the big treasure chest with WARIO'S EXPLORER HAT ON TOP! Yes! Finally!
In the bottom right corner:
  • More Wario Land reference, having Wario's car parked in a gas station! They haven't forgotten about that machine! Whahaha!
  • And another huge treasure chest with Wario's traditional Cap!
In the bottom left corner:
  • Pretty much the same as the previous, but with WarioWare stuff! This time it's Wario's Bike rolling on a garage platform!
  • And this corner also has a treasure chest with Wario's biker helmet on! Nice to see some WarioWare references here too!
So yes, Nintendo hasn't forgotten, and I'm so happy about it!
If you have a Wario amiibo from Smash, you can use it to play the board, don't worry!

Sadly, Wario's theme in the game is, of course, Stonecarving City, which looks quite clear that Nintendo is pushing it to be Wario's main theme...

So did you guys like that reference? Have I forgotten anything?
I know I was so happy about it! Brought back the Wario in me! xD

Yay! Warioware is the best part. Nice bored, I love the little details to his series. Nintendo still probably sorta kinda cares a bit, at the very least. Hopefully we'll get something Wario related, and not just badges but something big! (With Ashley of course :3)

Anyone who was at the forums back then can probably still attest to how gaga I went over this when it was first revealed.

Now granted the Wario coat of paint doesn't do much to enhance the incredibly minimalistic take on classic Mario Party that amiibo Party presents, but I'll be darned if the presentation alone didn't make the board a marvel.

Best pose, right here:

8873165772730166114.png

Wario's pose in 2nd place and Waluigi in 3rd, both get centered in the screen and kinda match the pose! Awesome!
Here's the complete shot:
8873165772730166114-account_id=1.jpg

Anyway, I'm gonna make a video on the amiibo board, soon. I just recorded some footage, and I just have to create a script and edit the video, I'll share it here once it's done! :)

Looking forward to the video, here is another interesting detail that you may have already noticed :
zlCfzTKOVcw0gjFh0q

The sack of coins has it's design directly lifted from Shake It:
WLSI_Wario2.jpg

Yes, there are a lot of little details like that, I want to point them out in the video!

This will be useful if you want to share your details, just in case I missed something! If you find anything, share them here! :D

Nice job on the video, you are essentially doing what I always wanted to do, but never could due to a lack of recording equipment, so it makes me personally very happy.

Also, if you are looking for material for future Wario reference videos feel free to snoop around in this thread to your hearts desire :
https://warioforums.com/index.php?t...erences-thread-now-with-index-on-page-13.376/

Glad I could make it, I'm sure you'd do a better job! Hey, wanna be part of the next one? :) (if you have a mic and want to talk, that is)

Thanks for the thread, I'm going to check it and probably make a video on them. I was happy to include the Wario Forums intro, I'll add it more in the future! :)

I appreciate the offer, but I'm admitingly shy when it comes to that stuff, not to mention rather quiet in RL.

I'm more then happy to just provide infos in the background if possible, a more silent contribution so to speak.

Last edited:
Back