Music discussion thread

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
A thread for basic music discussion, you can talk about music you like, and comment on others favorite music. It can be in music in general.

I really like music thats like..... peaceful, and pretty, thats like flowing and melodic. I really dont like guitar rock music so much, the kind with like flashy solos and a crazy singer, and like everything else is just hidden behind the guitar. I like music where every part of the sound adds something into the melody. I like mostly genres like alternative, goth, electronica, post punk/ post rock, and stuff like that.

Lately Ive been really into bands like Mogwai, Pinback, and Bon Iver. I get into Now, Now and The Smiths lately too. Im really wanting to get Pinback's "This is a Pinback CD" (I know, a Pinback fan who doesnt have that one yet >.>) And Mogwai's "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will". Ive been listening to Mogwai's "Rave Tapes" for so long now that I may actually be getting tired of it : p And I have gotten back into Bon Iver's title album, too.

What kind of music do you like?

I think I share your taste in music, more or less. Hell, I'm currently listening to Antonin Dvorak's 9th symphony (the "New World Symphony"). Really great thing to sit down and listen to for a good 40 minutes at a time. And of course, there's a whole lot of great video game music that I listen to a lot as well.

I think I share your taste in music, more or less. Hell, I'm currently listening to Antonin Dvorak's 9th symphony (the "New World Symphony"). Really great thing to sit down and listen to for a good 40 minutes at a time. And of course, there's a whole lot of great video game music that I listen to a lot as well.

Ah! I played that back in high school orchestra, haha. It was my all time favorite song that we played : p Its way cool, yeah.

I have found two new album I really want to buy today :3 I found Finally We Are No One by a group called Mum and Takk by a group called Sigur Ros.
(Im like 95% thats what they are called anyway)

I think theyre both Icelandic, alot of really neat music comes from that area. But its always good find music thats more on the instrumental side thats also really good : p Alot of it is often jut abstract noise thats hard to find a real melody to follow along with : /

Mellodic music is usually my type of vibe, especially progressive rock bands like King Crimson or Genesis. The misty mellotron is certainly a work of art, these bands during the 60s did what they could with them and have made extraordinary music with them here listen to a tune.

I have a friend who really likes Yes, Ive never been able to get into them as much though. That song is way cool, though! I like that bass, haha. Is rocking : p Is busy, but way cool.

Bass guitar was really good back in the 70s, then the 80s came and electronic junk took over, then the 90s came and people got back into instruments, but mostly just sad guys with sad singing voices and distorted guitar, and bass just kinda became a follow along thing wiht the guitar and disappeared in the sound, is too bad. Ever since then its been an underrated instrument. Not that I hate the 80s and 90s, I loved alot of the music from their. But it wasnt friendly for the bass guitar : p

tumblr_o58hihcZ1O1r313cko1_400.jpg

Musician and guitarist for King Crimson, Robert Fripp in a recording studio with equipment.

I have a friend who really likes Yes, Ive never been able to get into them as much though. That song is way cool, though! I like that bass, haha. Is rocking : p Is busy, but way cool.

Bass guitar was really good back in the 70s, then the 80s came and electronic junk took over, then the 90s came and people got back into instruments, but mostly just sad guys with sad singing voices and distorted guitar, and bass just kinda became a follow along thing wiht the guitar and disappeared in the sound, is too bad. Ever since then its been an underrated instrument. Not that I hate the 80s and 90s, I loved alot of the music from their. But it wasnt friendly for the bass guitar : p

The electronic style from the 80s such as well artists that used them like Paula Abdul had more of a synthesizer sound similar to a sega genesis if you can believe that. Bass now is still a lovely instrument but yeah it has been outshined by others in recent years. It's neat that your friend also loves Yes.

I'm not a huge fan of pop music, I hardly ever listen to it. Nor do I listen to any other styles, really. If I listen to music, it's video game music 99% of the time.
That doesn't mean there's no pop I like, though.
My favourite song is probably 99 Luftballons, from Nena. I really like that one!

There's also this Belgian/Dutch girl group I follow, K3.
They started in 1998 or something, with 3 Belgians: Karen, Kristel & Kathleen. That's why it's called K3. After 10 years or so my favourite of the three, Kathleen, went, and got replaced with a new, Dutch singer: Josje. In 2014 or 2015 they decided to stop, but the company owning them wanted to keep K3 going. So a tv series was set up, "K3 zoekt K3", which means "K3 looking for K3" or something. After lots of auditions and multiple rounds and stuff (I didn't really follow it, but watched some highlights on YouTube), three new girls were chosen: Hanne, Marthe & Klaasje. Klaasje's Dutch, the others are Belgian.
It's still called K3, by the way, it should be called H1M1K1, but oh well d:p

This is one of my favourite K3 songs, it's from the original trio. If you aren't Dutch you won't know what they're saying, but I wonder how it sounds to you d:p
Disclaimer: this is meant for little girls, but for some reason I enjoy it. Oh well, I guess one could call it a guilty pleasure d:p (so many tongue emoticons! d:eek:)
This one's from 2000.

Now, fast forward 16 years: the present trio. They still have the same feel, but I hugely prefer the songs by the original. And that's not only nostalgia, I think. I also prefer the old clips by a long run, as they were on location, while the new clips are all shot in a studio. That does not mean I don't still enjoy it, though!

I'm not the only one by the way, in the YouTube comments, I got to know another teen (I think he's around my age, not sure though) male who's a fan of K3 d:rolleyes:

I'm not a huge fan of pop music, I hardly ever listen to it. Nor do I listen to any other styles, really. If I listen to music, it's video game music 99% of the time.
That doesn't mean there's no pop I like, though.
My favourite song is probably 99 Luftballons, from Nena. I really like that one!

There's also this Belgian/Dutch girl group I follow, K3.
They started in 1998 or something, with 3 Belgians: Karen, Kristel & Kathleen. That's why it's called K3. After 10 years or so my favourite of the three, Kathleen, went, and got replaced with a new, Dutch singer: Josje. In 2014 or 2015 they decided to stop, but the company owning them wanted to keep K3 going. So a tv series was set up, "K3 zoekt K3", which means "K3 looking for K3" or something. After lots of auditions and multiple rounds and stuff (I didn't really follow it, but watched some highlights on YouTube), three new girls were chosen: Hanne, Marthe & Klaasje. Klaasje's Dutch, the others are Belgian.
It's still called K3, by the way, it should be called H1M1K1, but oh well d:p

This is one of my favourite K3 songs, it's from the original trio. If you aren't Dutch you won't know what they're saying, but I wonder how it sounds to you d:p
Disclaimer: this is meant for little girls, but for some reason I enjoy it. Oh well, I guess one could call it a guilty pleasure d:p (so many tongue emoticons! d:eek:)
This one's from 2000.

Now, fast forward 16 years: the present trio. They still have the same feel, but I hugely prefer the songs by the original. And that's not only nostalgia, I think. I also prefer the old clips by a long run, as they were on location, while the new clips are all shot in a studio. That does not mean I don't still enjoy it, though!

I'm not the only one by the way, in the YouTube comments, I got to know another teen (I think he's around my age, not sure though) male who's a fan of K3 d:rolleyes:

Ahh, sweet nostalgia fuel... ^_^ Now I feel thirteen years younger.

Reactions: 607
Back