obligatory "What vidcons are you playing????" thread

Well January 2. Has arived and a certain game has seen it's release in europe:
View attachment 410
I've been devoting the entire day to this thing and I can safely say that this has been the most refreshing a Mario platformeresque game has been to me for quite a while even brushing my Toad fanboyism to the side.
It can be suprisingly challenging at times too, trying to rush throught like I usually would in any given Mario platformer or the Toad levels in 3D World has gotten me hit or killed on noumerous occations, which I like since enemys actually pose a threat for a change, rather than just beeing canonfodder for the player.
I love the puzzels, the main characters are adorable,it has some really cools set pieces at times, some of the new enemys are really cool (Mummy-Me<3 ) :
View attachment 411
And the soundtrack is really great stuff too.
Part of that may be me beeing biased because of my already mentioned Toad fanboyism, bit as a Toad fan I'm happy with the game, very happy even and that's all I'm asking for.
I really want to play that! :3 I don't have a wii u though...

9298_front.jpg

Holy shit, this game is fun.

There's "only" 7 missions with one variation each, but what's there is so white-knuckled and replayable I don't mind. Gotta love dat soundtrack too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 607
16598_front.jpg

Reviewers at release bashed this game for not being Ace Combat, which is a shame because it's clearly trying to be its own thing. Lethal Skies include several interesting features for a console flight games, combining wacky mission scenarios and a forgiving (though floatly) flight model combined with things like black outs/red outs, low (though still unrealistic) payload, and the ability to customize your squadron and your loadout with several real and fictional ordonances.

Quite liking it so far. The ocean punk setting is really cool too

I've been playing Jak and Daxter, Toad's Treasure Trackers, and Fantasy Life, with Smash Bros/Mario Kart always sprinkled in.

I recently beat Infamous Second Son though, which was surprisingly awesome.

I've been a bad gamer lately. Haven't been playing too often. I play most when I hang out with friends about once a week. We'll play MK8 and Nintendoland, sometimes Game & Wario or Mario Party 6 (yes, 6). I got Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and have played that off and on. I also bought Toad's Treasure Tracker on release date but haven't played much since I first got it. I thought it would be more like Super Mario Galaxy based on the graphics and the teasers we got in the Nintendo Directs... unfortunately not the case. It's still fun though, just glad it's not a full-priced game. I also bought Picross e5 from the eShop using a pre-paid card I had gotten for Christmas. It's pretty fun, but I still miss Picross 3D. Wish we would have gotten a 3DS sequel of that game.

Playing Smash Bros. on Wii U. I'm hoping to be able to enjoy it with friends this weekend...but I've been hoping to hang with friends the last two weekends as well, and certain events got in the way.

110583_front.jpg

got 8 beam riffle ammo left. all my supply points destroyed.

20 enemies spawn

three left, a dom kills me with DUAL-WIELDED ROCKET LAUNCHERS

this fucking game

10630_front.jpg

This game is a goddamn mess, and because of that, it's actually kind of fun. Tanks are insanely unbalanced, you die in three seconds, the areas are littered with explosive barrels, and there's a nuke weapon that kills everyone... including you. Twice. The Mario Party of car combat games.

Extreme Pugilist Fraternity 4. I bought it as my sister's christmas present and didn't have a particularly good opinion of it back then, but I didn't play it much due to work. I went back to it today

and um

*The new stages are boring and intolerable.
*The new characters are boring and intolerable to play as.
*The UI is shit. How do I stamina????????
*The single player modes sucks and are stupid.
*The series of online matches I played had enough input lag to simulate the feel of playing from an underwater environement. In space.
*No matter what NOA's French translation might try to shove down my throat, her name will always be "Jigglypuff" to me,. NOT "Rondoudou"! This serious. personal grievance is by far the biggest contributor to Smash 4's status as a crime against humanity.

I don't like this game.

La mauvaise foi? Késékoi? : p

I'm playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team. If you know what you have to do the game is really short. Like really really short. I remember spending a couple of months to finish Red Rescue Team when I was younger. I bought Blue Rescue Team a day ago and I have already finished it. Though I can now play the post game missions which I never got to experience.

I also picked up Pokémon Heartgold. Didn't start yet though.

53905_front.jpg

This is a pretty straight improvement over the previous Lethal Skies. More dramatic and elaborate missions, more and better-differentiated planes, better controls. etc. Great fun.

One aspect I was seriously impressed with is the ally AI. Your wingmates can actually be expected to complete objectives , obey your orders in a visible manner, and hold their own against enemies - and unlike other games with "tolerable" allied AI, the developers didn't fall back on the crutch of making them invincible. This contrast greatly with another flight game I completed recently, Ace Combat 5 (a great game, mind you), where the narrative hypes up your squadron as these legendary godly pilots, but in pratice, your wingmates are confused doofus lucky to get two kills on a mission and you're the only one to get anything of importance done. That's remarkable, even today...

9361_front.jpg

Just 1cced it.

Lost Planet gets a lot of shit from hardcore shmup players, and while it's never going to be held up as a classic, I think it's pretty fun for what it is: A very vanilla 16-bits style shmup with great production values. I liked how you can change your weapon loadout midway through the levels, too.

Back