I was just getting there when the match was underway, but she seemed to be the crowd favorite, and there was a huge pop for her when she won (I hope nobody here cares much about spoilers). She's definitely on a good trajectory, from what I can see.

That's good to see since from what I've been looking at a lot of people seem to not "get" Asuka since getting on the main roster and the booking of her first few matches. Edge and Christian seem to explain the current casual audience perspective on her and so seeing all this I was getting worried since she's one of my current favorites.

They had some interesting perspectives. I get where they're coming from, I guess, but Asuka's fantastic, and the audience seemed to be on her side that night, so I'm pretty optimistic that she'll do well. I was actually unaware that some people weren't so fond of her debut.

I was probably reading too much into Youtube comments which are almost always garbage but I wanted a different perspective from more casual fans. She also barely got much of a reaction in her rematch with Emma but it was in Green Bay which for some reason is always a horrible crowd. I'm also a bit worried due to the rather lukewarm response Nakamura gets but I guess it's too early to really tell.

That reminds me, I bought some wrestling stuff recently and I got a lot of random extras including this.
IMG_20171109_133511502.jpg

Oh, I didn't know there was a topic about Pro Wrestling !
I really love NJPW since 2009 The mid 2010s were full of big performers like Hiroshi Tanashi, Kazuchika Okada, AJ Styles, Prince Devitt and The Bullet Club, Shinsuke Nakamura etc... unfortunately, some of them are not in this company anymore and I hope they'll be back someday alongside with newcomers (I'm mostly thinking of Daniel Bryan)
I can't wait to see Wrestle Kingdom 12 especially for Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega / Alpha vs Omega for the US title and also Okada vs Naito for the heavyweight title... it's a great way to start 2018 !!

Oh, I didn't know there was a topic about Pro Wrestling !
I really love NJPW since 2009 The mid 2010s were full of big performers like Hiroshi Tanashi, Kazuchika Okada, AJ Styles, Prince Devitt and The Bullet Club, Shinsuke Nakamura etc... unfortunately, some of them are not in this company anymore and I hope they'll be back someday alongside with newcomers (I'm mostly thinking of Daniel Bryan)
I can't wait to see Wrestle Kingdom 12 especially for Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega / Alpha vs Omega for the US title and also Okada vs Naito for the heavyweight title... it's a great way to start 2018 !!
Welcome to the Pro Wrestling Thread!

This feud is definitely money. I haven't been following NJPW but I have been eyeing their product and their expansion into the US is definitely something to look out for. This may be what will fully get me into NJPW and I feel like it'll be that way for many Western fans as well. It's an exciting time for wrestling I feel.

Welcome to the Pro Wrestling Thread!

This feud is definitely money. I haven't been following NJPW but I have been eyeing their product and their expansion into the US is definitely something to look out for. This may be what will fully get me into NJPW and I feel like it'll be that way for many Western fans as well. It's an exciting time for wrestling I feel.

Yes Y2J, one of the biggest star in pro wrestling history facing his fellow canadian Kenny Omega is screaming hype and money.
Two canadians fighting for the US title in a japanese promotion. Nice !

We got an antena for our tv, and were picking up a channel that has ring of honor on it. Ive been enjoying it here and there, my only problem is that the episodes are not played in order, they seem to just play random episodes, so I absolutely never understand whats going on story wise. Its too bad, too. It seems like a good show : (

Also, have you guys heard that Goldberg is gonna be inducted into the wwe hall of fame? Is pretty cool : p Am glad these guys are getting some recognition.

We got an antena for our tv, and were picking up a channel that has ring of honor on it. Ive been enjoying it here and there, my only problem is that the episodes are not played in order, they seem to just play random episodes, so I absolutely never understand whats going on story wise. Its too bad, too. It seems like a good show : (

Also, have you guys heard that Goldberg is gonna be inducted into the wwe hall of fame? Is pretty cool : p Am glad these guys are getting some recognition.

Huh... I'm quite surprised Goldberg wasn't in there already.

I dont think hes been wrestling that long : p think he started in the lat 90s? Alot of those guys started in like 70s and 80s, haha. He made a huge splash, though. I mean yeah wcw started his career off as an undefeatable monster, yeah. But like, he totally sold the part, he looked like a monster and he could play the part in short matches, too : p Even if he only knew a few moves, he was super fun to watch, haha. He totally should be in that hall of fame, yeah : p

Back