Puyo Puyo

You know those drawing aren't really half bad. I'm not sure how Arle, Rulue, and Carbuncle would look like. Raffina and Klug look like one dimensional characters (Amitie and Sig have more emotions).

What exactly do alts have to with whether or not a character is mainstream or not? ARS characters and closest friends and rivals, like Satan, Klug, Sig, etc. are mainstream, characters like Dongeri Gaeru and characters that have shown up as random encounter monsters are not going to show up in every Puyo game, and then not have an important role. The reason you see so many alts is because Puyo Quest is a gatcha game.

What exactly about the Novels you didn't like? I'm not saying the novels are good or anything, but it's nice to see characters do something other that "Fight me with Puyo!" Also Lidelle surrounded by cute singing frogs and Rulue is a wedding dress.

What does "leaning on the fever side of things" mean?

Last edited:
I just don't find them terribly interesting and they indulge in things that I don't like in the current games either, like seperating characters by era, in regards to who they get to interact with, which takes away many things that can be done with the cast and bothers me, as someone who liked the more out there character meetings like Sig/Suketoudara, Arle/Oshare Bones or Zoh Daimaoh/Akuma in 15th, for instance.

Plus, it leads to things like Arle and Ringo in Sig's Secret, since they are not allowed to even talk to Sig they mostly just exist as cheerleaders for Amitie, who never express any kind of interest or concern when something fishy is clearly going on, not even the clichéd ''get angry at someone over a missunderstanding'' stick when Sig quits on Amitie and the cafe. They are just completely blank and feel more like plot devices then anything else.

Also while I'm not opposed to the novels being told from Amitie's perspective on a basic level, I just don't like her current characterization and much prefer how she was in the Fever era, still kind and sweet, but also a lot more spunky and not without moments like the ending of Fever 1, where she just pretends to not want a reward to seem selfless and is disappointed when she doesn't get one. Yah know? Small moments that show character flaws and humanize her, as opposed to the innocent doormat that she has become since. They do try to convey the idea of her having some confidence issues, but I dunno, as I said, I prefer her confident Fever characterization, but I will admit that that's a case of preference over anything else.

As for ''leaning on the fever side of things", by that I mean that she's a particulary big fan of the Fever era, which is something I can side with, as someone who started his non-reskin Puyo fandom with the Fever games and 15th.

Last edited:
It seems that the novels are completely different universe than the games, especially the Ally one. I really did like to see Rulue doing something for Arle and co. because Rulue. I mean the puyo games don't give characters a change to develop, and the novels still focus exclusively on a narrow group of characters. WIth Rulue and Schezo only making 1 or 2 appearances, and having their picture in the corner somewhere. Everything nowadays seem to revolve around Arle, Amitie, and Ringo, and all the side content revolves around Arle, Amitie, and Ringo. Honestly I kind of miss having all the side fever characters around, even as cameos. I don't care if no one likes Honkrow or Franken Dad, they are still part of a world and want them to show up once in awhile.

Not just character development, but also just when it comes to potentially interesting interactions, like with comet witch...well Witch and comet warlock Lemres, considering their similar theming one surely could do something with them. 20th does flirt with the idea briefly, but ends up not doing much of anything.

Most of the time that's because characters in a "Falling Blocks" game only interact with each other a few brief minutes, and most of them are confrontational. As far as the novels, they had a chance to do something with the characters and its just the three main girls with Rulue and Schezo as cameos, and possibly Sig. Rulue was the only one who did anything outside of what she does in the games (stop Arle from going to Satan, or get upset if someone walks in on her talking about Satan). Rulue actually stops to help Arle during the Everyone's Dreams come true, and tanks Ecolo so Arle and Co. can get Bayoen in the Amusement Park. Most characters just do what they normally do without any plot revelations.

It would be nice to see the male characters actually contribute something. Puyo has the opposite problem that shonen anime that Yugioh has.

To give Sig's Secret some credit, it did give a little something to Sig and Lemres, with the former being essentially the other protagonist of the novel, it's just a shame that we barely get any input from him or insight in how he is experiencing the whole thing, due to everything bein told from Amitie's perspective.

It is really a shame that the novels are the only times we get to see the cast when they aren't fighting, and they end up being a disappointment. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters have gotten broader characterizations.

I FRICKING LOVE THE PUYO PUYO SERIES, my first Puyo game was the 20th anniversary one for the PSP well, my friend sold me the game. my favorite character and also my main is Sig, also, i will be honest, never played tetris on my life, puyo puyo is the only puzzle game i liked, oh, i forgoted to mention, since i was creating my account for this forum never expected a Puyo Puyo fan in here, only warioland/wariosare fans

Also heard SEGA is making "Puyo Puyo E Sports" hope is not a spin off and only sport themed puyo puyo

What is puyolympic?
It's an old Disc Station game that had Arle and Witch compete in a couple of sports themed minigames. There's also a story, but I couldn't tell you what it's about, probably something about Satan harrassing Arle again.

I will say that I do really like the outfit they gave Witch for this game:
tumblr_o6mb5fb5XF1v39q72o1_640.jpg

It actually does looks very nice.

Is there a ROM or emulator that can play Discstation game's like Rulue's spring break or Seriri's Hapi Bday? Learing Jp so i can try my hand at making translation patches.

Back