Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So many people are just awful when shopping, and retail workers do often have a hard job.

I know alot of people think the job must be easy cuz its basically unskilled labor, but noy only are customers rude, but so are the over burdened, unhappy managerial staff as well.

Retail can be awful, I got out ot it because of how awful it was. But there are just too many people who believe only they have it hard, and people with minimum wage jobs have it easy, so they feel justified being rude to retail workers.

The world can be a sucky place.

It sucks that most shops require their employees to act nicely, even if their customer's behaviour is absolutely shit. It is was up to me, I wouldn't help anyone who doesn't know to be nice. If they don't respect you, they don't deserve your help.

It sucks that most shops require their employees to act nicely, even if their customer's behaviour is absolutely shit. It is was up to me, I wouldn't help anyone who doesn't know to be nice. If they don't respect you, they don't deserve your help.
that's not how you make money

Ive said before on here that Im pro life.

I like keeping up with and talking politics online (I like being able to justify why I believe what I believe).

One argument I get often from pro abortion people online is "if you were in a burning building with a crying child, and some amount of viable embryos, who would you save?"

Ive noticed that they think this is a winning argument, but its REALLY not. Change the embryos with an old man. Who would you save?

Chances are youd save the child, it woulr be crying out for help, and its most likely to survive after the event, so you would instictively choose the child.

Choosing the child doesnt now make it okay to kill old men. The moral argument hasnt been changed by this game.

Im not trying to shame anyone whos on the side of abortion, but this is something Im asked often online, and its not even the winning argument the people who ask it think it is.

Ive said before on here that Im pro life.

I like keeping up with and talking politics online (I like being able to justify why I believe what I believe).

One argument I get often from pro abortion people online is "if you were in a burning building with a crying child, and some amount of viable embryos, who would you save?"

Ive noticed that they think this is a winning argument, but its REALLY not. Change the embryos with an old man. Who would you save?

Chances are youd save the child, it woulr be crying out for help, and its most likely to survive after the event, so you would instictively choose the child.

Choosing the child doesnt now make it okay to kill old men. The moral argument hasnt been changed by this game.

Im not trying to shame anyone whos on the side of abortion, but this is something Im asked often online, and its not even the winning argument the people who ask it think it is.

Not really a valid argument indeed.

I'm going to rant a second.
I'm a passionate coder. Me and one of my friends have an online games company where we release games, and some people play them.
Coding is one of the only creative medias I excel in. I dabble in writing, and would love to have a podcast or show, but for me, coding is the stuff.
But I can feel when I tell people this, and all they're thinking is how I should read a book outside or do something productive.
THIS IS PRODUCTIVE I AM CREATING A PRODUCT.
And, for the record, I love reading, and am a frequent visitor to the local library.

I think I'm going to rant a bit too.

You know what really grinds my gears? Those pushy, in-your-face vegetarians and vegans. I have nothing against vegetarians and vegans, but please, please let people decide for themselves whether to eat meat or not. This ¨guilt-talking¨, as it is called, has become the modus operandi of PETA and many other ultra-enviromentalist groups. And they don't even seem to realise that it has the opposite effect of what they are trying to achieve. I think that, especially after that ¨Steve Irwin is not a hero¨ post PETA has become one of the most unanimously hated organisations and I don't even feel bad for them.

Also, I hate it when vegetarians try to demonise meat-eaters by suggesting that they don't give jack shit about animal rights, which is of course not the case at all.

You wanna know the best way to make money?

-=Stripped Content=-

oh jesus

CURIOUS

I hate it when I hear people say things like "good instruments or better equipment wont help your sound".

Yes they do. Its ridiculous to say otherwise.
What I usually hear is that you shouldn't rely on good instruments or better equipment. I actually never heard people saying that good instruments or better equipment won't help, instead, they're not something that will give you a guaranteed good sound. People often say you shouldn't rely on them, as the other half of the job is to make the harmony work between them.

What I usually hear is that you shouldn't rely on good instruments or better equipment. I actually never heard people saying that good instruments or better equipment won't help, instead, they're not something that will give you a guaranteed good sound. People often say you shouldn't rely on them, as the other half of the job is to make the harmony work between them.

I see them in conversations about getting the sound you want.

"I wish I could have this piece of equipment in order to get the sound Im looking for"

(Usually non musicians) "Better equipment wont make your sound better"

It literally does. Arguing against this idea is completely unreasonable.

You can say that a better quality instrument wont help you learn how to play better or improve your skills (but I think even that is wrong, as alot of young people often feel that instruments like guitar for example are too hard when in reality the action is set so high they just cant hold the string down), but to say a proper instrument or equipment wont improve your sound is a dumb thing to say.

Im not trying to ve judgmental by saying that, its really dumb to say that better equipment wont lead to a better sound. You cant take a broken instrument and sound like a high production concert player simply through your own skills. A broken instrument is still a broken instrument.

You should only drop money on a better instrument if you're skilled. Otherwise the change in sound is negligable. That's for the violin anyway.

I mostly agree, though I do think that when you buy an instrument for the first time to learn it, you should get a quality instrument. Cuz like yeah sure someone who is skilled can play a junky instrument, but that junky instrument is still a pain to play. Imagine making that piece of junk your introduction to playing the instrument. Ive always disagreed with the whole "start off with the cheapest piece of junk you can find" thing.

I have an example. One of my guitars need fixed, as the D string buzzes when you play nead the headstock. My other guitars do not do this. And it doesnt sound great.

No matter how skilled I am, I cannot play without having bad buzzy notes on the D string. So telling me that "a bettee guitar wont help my sound" in this situation is completely incorrect. Either fixing it or trading it in for a better guitar will indeed help my sound.

I hate it when I hear people say things like "good instruments or better equipment wont help your sound".

Yes they do. Its ridiculous to say otherwise.
The reason for this is because that's not what they mean by "your sound". They mean it in the way that you would differentiate a Mozart piano piece from a Beethoven piano piece. Even if the pianos they used to compose were made of plywood and shoelaces, if they had their 88 keys, the songs they produced would still be just as good.
In other words, "your sound" tends to actually mean how the way you use the tools sounds, not how the tools themselves sound. Good instruments and better equipment increase the capacity for your sound, but only you can put that capacity to good use. Kind of like a 2GB usb versus a 4GB usb. If you're stuffing it full of shitty jpeg's the only real difference is how much space you can waste with them.

Back