Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Updates. Everything wants to be updated all the time; on my phone, on Xbox. It's much worse with xbox because games want to update every two seconds and they're big as hell.
Phone: "You have 40+ updates pending". Do I even have that many apps? o.o

Here's my actual rant about MFGG. The original was a test and also my opinions. This is the truth:
It's a toxic community somehow full of neo-nazis, manchildren, communists, doxxers, and racists all into one. There's no talent left to even make fangames, the staff is apathetic as fuck so they just let the community do whatever it wants. The mainsite is awful, crappy games and awful sprites dominate the archives and it takes 2 weeks to a month just for the staff to click "accept" on your game in the queue. THE FORUMS ARE BY FAR THE 2ND WORST PART OF MFGG, members openly flame and troll others, and the staff lets the community continue being toxic. 50% is apathy and the other 1/2 is because banning the worst members would leave them with no community. When hate isn't being distributed there's circlejerking. A lot of members and staff defend MFGG and even worship the site. Sometimes, internet trolls are promoted to moderators and administrators. Some members (and staff!) can't handle criticism. They call people who criticize them trolls and cyberbully them later because they take everything seriously. This alone makes them EXTREME HYPOCRITES! What's even worse is that these members get personal bias due to the excessive amount of victim and hypocrisy cards they play. They're so whiny and unreasonable that they lack any evidence to make up their points. Now onto Minus World, the 18+ equivalent of the MFGG forums that makes Kiwi Farms look sane. There's so much spam and irrelevant discussions that it's hard to navigate between factual threads and spam threads. Trolls are extremely rampant here, and many members both here and on the MFGG forums consider their opinions as facts. Everything they say is bias or hypocritical. They also can't find dates, one member even refers to the people of Minus World as "sexy" and "intelligent" (boy, that's some utter fanboy shit right there!) when it's actually the opposite.

Anyways, that's the end of my rant on the bad side of MFGG.

Here's my actual rant about MFGG. The original was a test and also my opinions. This is the truth:
It's a toxic community somehow full of neo-nazis, manchildren, communists, doxxers, and racists all into one. There's no talent left to even make fangames, the staff is apathetic as fuck so they just let the community do whatever it wants. The mainsite is awful, crappy games and awful sprites dominate the archives and it takes 2 weeks to a month just for the staff to click "accept" on your game in the queue. THE FORUMS ARE BY FAR THE 2ND WORST PART OF MFGG, members openly flame and troll others, and the staff lets the community continue being toxic. 50% is apathy and the other 1/2 is because banning the worst members would leave them with no community. When hate isn't being distributed there's circlejerking. A lot of members and staff defend MFGG and even worship the site. Sometimes, internet trolls are promoted to moderators and administrators. Some members (and staff!) can't handle criticism. They call people who criticize them trolls and cyberbully them later because they take everything seriously. This alone makes them EXTREME HYPOCRITES! What's even worse is that these members get personal bias due to the excessive amount of victim and hypocrisy cards they play. They're so whiny and unreasonable that they lack any evidence to make up their points. Now onto Minus World, the 18+ equivalent of the MFGG forums that makes Kiwi Farms look sane. There's so much spam and irrelevant discussions that it's hard to navigate between factual threads and spam threads. Trolls are extremely rampant here, and many members both here and on the MFGG forums consider their opinions as facts. Everything they say is bias or hypocritical. They also can't find dates, one member even refers to the people of Minus World as "sexy" and "intelligent" (boy, that's some utter fanboy shit right there!) when it's actually the opposite.

Anyways, that's the end of my rant on the bad side of MFGG.
¿Realmente? ¿En serio? That place must've changed since I've been there, then. It was a pretty chill place to me back in the day.

Updates. Everything wants to be updated all the time; on my phone, on Xbox. It's much worse with xbox because games want to update every two seconds and they're big as hell.

My phone is super bad at this. I never have any memory due to everything needing to be updated at all times.

If I delete anything at all, my phone automatically uses up the freed space to update something automatically.

¿Realmente? ¿En serio? That place must've changed since I've been there, then. It was a pretty chill place to me back in the day.
Well, before Minus World came into the picture they weren't as obsessed with MFGG and had good times together. Now, trolls and spammers are rampant because they all came from Minus World.

Oh, don't get me started on this. :mad: The school laptop that I used to have had this all the time! Sometimes when I opened the bloody thing, it suddenly decided to give itself and update, even when I needed my laptop for class. Devices like laptops have also become stubborn to the point that you can't even turn them off anytime you want. Of all the laptops and PC's that I've had, the one that I have right now is probably the best, and with ¨best¨ I mean ¨least crappy¨.

It's a toxic community somehow full of neo-nazis, manchildren, communists, doxxers, and racists all into one.

So MFGG is like 4Chan, but with fan games?

Okay, this one might be a bit nitpicky, but I think that the German Schuko electrical plugs and outlets are the best ever designed.
Compared to Schuko, other systems look either ugly and bulky (UK), too funny too be taken seriously (Denmark) or are only usable with the plug insterted in only one way because the damn earth pin sits in the way. :wargrr: Schuko also has the super convenient Europlug which fits into most other European systems. Talk about clever design.

Esperanto deserved to take off. The language is great, simpler than most European languages and it has a passionate community.
This COULD have been everyone's second language...

This COULD have been everyone's second language...

...but it didn't, because we already have English and other widespread languages, like French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian etc. So far, every artificial language has failed to to gain a significant amount of speakers to become widely used and accepted.

Granted, English is not the easiest language to master, mainly because of its sheer amount of irregularities and unlogical pronounciations (a trait it shares with German and Dutch), but everyone, at least in the Western world, knows at least some basic English, and that's probably the reason why we won't see Esperanto signs or Youtube videos to become standard anytime soon.

Last edited:
"am i the only one wh--" NO, FUCKING NO GODDAMMIT, THERE ARE 9 BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH, ARE YOU SERIOUS???
STOP MAKING THESE TRANSPARENT EXCUSES FOR YOU AND THE ENSUING FIVE OTHER LUKE ATMEY'S IN THE
REPLIES SECTION TO BOND OVER HOW FUCKING SPECIAL AND UNIQUE THE SIX (!) OF YOU LITTLE PARAGONS ARE.

"Am I the only one who can't stand the sound of Mariah Carrey's voice?"
"(...) thinks this game is criminally underrated?"
(<-- bonus points if they talk about "muh childhood")
"(...) 70's music was better?"
"(...) sick and fucking tired of seeing shameless like-fishing posed as a question?" NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT SPECIAL, AND (outside of your genetic makeup of course) YOU SURE AS FUCK ARE NOT UNIQUE. Obviously that may not be the intended angle you're going for, but you obviously want attention of some kind, be it to simply reinforce your preconceptions or because you also desire the positive vibes that come from people agreeing with you. Thing is, you can get BOTH of those things in ways that are far less dodgy.

i've accidentally asked questions in this format before, and it embarrasses me because i remember it was on accident. We're just so inclined to want to not look like swaggering douchebags that we end up looking like fucking dodgers on top of that. Everyone's a boastful little cunt on the inside, because everyone, no matter how many fucks they claim to not give about others' opinions, seeks appraisal from SOMEone.

The thing is, Pride is definitely my #1 vice, but Integrity is definitely my #1 virtue, so I have nothing but respect for anyone who can be honest about when they're bragging. Not "flexing" on someone, granted, because you're rubbing shit the intended audience doesn't have or can't do in their faces. In other words, you gotta be a cool cat before unabashedly being like "wowee I'm on a private jet!!" is acceptable in my book.
In other words, the act in itself doesn't reflect on the person doing the bragging, but rather it works as almost an amplifier. It's a grey area through and through, I think... but I feel like these goddamn 'AITOO' questions and literally anything retweeted by HumbleBrag are just automatically obnoxious because they're pretending to be something they're not. It's like "born in the wrong generation" only even more dodgy (though whether they're more annoying is up for debate). These sorts of posts, the intention behind them is never genuine.

You've got to be Jonathan Joestar of innocent boi to actually say something like "I got to accept an award from Tom Hanks but instead of playing it cool I looked like a doofus" and care more about the parts that don't involve you. "oh no i hope i didn't embarrass mr hanks <:-oc"
(but of course then if that was the case, I just realized, making a post like that would be attractive in my eyes, which A) surprises me and B) really further supports the idea that the act itself depends on the person doing it, to the extreme. Maybe it's because it's a trait so instinctual and related to the Self that it's impossible to think about the act and more the person doing so.)

hih. i started out angry and then i turned thoughtful. ~this much was obvious and i'm very obviously demonstrating that i too am an attention whore~. still find it interesting nonetheless, since i was indeed quite angery initially :8bitwariodance:

Last edited:
Change is not necessarily good.

Change be both positive and negative. Change can lead to bad things too.

Things change does not always lead to things get better.

I agree. Too often people think if they change something, it will automatically be better.
THE CHANGE HAS TO BE A GOOD ONE FIRST YOU IDIOT.

I'd like to second the complaints about regular updates, and say I also hate how Apple devices make you log in to do the updates.

Seriously, I should not need an 'Apple ID' to update a few apps.

Also seconding change for the sake of change not being good. Worth reading up on Chesterton's Fence if you need more proof of that:

There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, “I don’t see the use of this; let us clear it away.” To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: “If you don’t see the use of it, I certainly won’t let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it.

Oh, here's another rant:

People really need to know the difference between 'not Hollywood movie star level famous' and 'underrated/obscure'.

Because over on sites like Reddit, it seems asking about underrated YouTube channels, games, films, celebrities, etc brings up hundreds of examples who aren't really all that obscure at all. If a game has sold millions of copies, it's not some obscure cult classic. I like Wario Land 4 as much as everyone else here (probably more actually), but obscure/forgotten it is not.

Similarly, a YouTuber with a hundred thousand subscribers is not some obscure nobody the internet hasn't discovered yet. Practically speaking, anyone with more than about 30,000 subscribers is probably at 'can likely sustain themselves with YouTube as a day job' level*, and anyone with over 100,000 subscribers almost certainly can.

That's a success story right there, and for many fields, basically mainstream.

No, obscure or underrated is (in my eyes at least), undiscovered to the point the work or author is a commercial failure or virtually unknown in their field. The numbers vary of course, but in my opinion, the averages for each field should probably be:

Games: Less than 300,000 copies sold (if triple A/highly promoted). Okami and Psychonauts would still be pretty good examples, though they're probably just about at break even point after a decade or so now. Something like Flingsmash or Chibi Robo Zip Lash would certainly count. As would the Bowser's Inside Story remake at this point; if someone knows of the Best Fitness Friends in Bowser Jr's Journey, they're probably in the top 1% of most dedicated Mario fans (or Mario Wiki readers).

TV shows: Hard to define since I don't know this field well on a stats level. But if it lasted about a week or two before being cancelled, or even worse, aired once as a pilot and never got seen again, it probably counts. Something like the Big Bang Theory? Nah. Something like Blake's 7? Maybe. Something like Fluppy Dogs? Certainly.

Films: Being a box office bomb is basically a requirement here.

Web Series/YouTube: Less than 10,000 subscribers is probably obscure, less than 1000 basically means 'unknown'. I'd say @Robin's channel is probably in the underrated category here (compared to the likes of Note Block or Cleffer Notes or GaMetal or what not), but unknown is more like that game design channel in my next underrated channels article, with a whopping total of 178 subscribers in 4 years.

Regardless, stop treating anyone who's not PewDiePie or Donald Trump as some nobody, and any film that didn't become the next Star Wars as a cult classic.

* it may not be the best paid job, or allow for an opulent lifestyle in LA, but it's doable. Top Hat Gaming Man has 39,000 subscribers, and he's gone off to live as a digital nomad full time.

Oh, here's another rant:

People really need to know the difference between 'not Hollywood movie star level famous' and 'underrated/obscure'.

Because over on sites like Reddit, it seems asking about underrated YouTube channels, games, films, celebrities, etc brings up hundreds of examples who aren't really all that obscure at all. If a game has sold millions of copies, it's not some obscure cult classic. I like Wario Land 4 as much as everyone else here (probably more actually), but obscure/forgotten it is not.

Similarly, a YouTuber with a hundred thousand subscribers is not some obscure nobody the internet hasn't discovered yet. Practically speaking, anyone with more than about 30,000 subscribers is probably at 'can likely sustain themselves with YouTube as a day job' level*, and anyone with over 100,000 subscribers almost certainly can.

That's a success story right there, and for many fields, basically mainstream.

No, obscure or underrated is (in my eyes at least), undiscovered to the point the work or author is a commercial failure or virtually unknown in their field. The numbers vary of course, but in my opinion, the averages for each field should probably be:

Games: Less than 300,000 copies sold (if triple A/highly promoted). Okami and Psychonauts would still be pretty good examples, though they're probably just about at break even point after a decade or so now. Something like Flingsmash or Chibi Robo Zip Lash would certainly count. As would the Bowser's Inside Story remake at this point; if someone knows of the Best Fitness Friends in Bowser Jr's Journey, they're probably in the top 1% of most dedicated Mario fans (or Mario Wiki readers).

TV shows: Hard to define since I don't know this field well on a stats level. But if it lasted about a week or two before being cancelled, or even worse, aired once as a pilot and never got seen again, it probably counts. Something like the Big Bang Theory? Nah. Something like Blake's 7? Maybe. Something like Fluppy Dogs? Certainly.

Films: Being a box office bomb is basically a requirement here.

Web Series/YouTube: Less than 10,000 subscribers is probably obscure, less than 1000 basically means 'unknown'. I'd say @Robin's channel is probably in the underrated category here (compared to the likes of Note Block or Cleffer Notes or GaMetal or what not), but unknown is more like that game design channel in my next underrated channels article, with a whopping total of 178 subscribers in 4 years.

Regardless, stop treating anyone who's not PewDiePie or Donald Trump as some nobody, and any film that didn't become the next Star Wars as a cult classic.

* it may not be the best paid job, or allow for an opulent lifestyle in LA, but it's doable. Top Hat Gaming Man has 39,000 subscribers, and he's gone off to live as a digital nomad full time.
I still get the occasional "underrated ::U" comment on my Tak and the Power of Juju OST uploads and I just roll my eyes.
AHHH, YES, because a game that receives a PS2 GREATEST HITS RE-RELEASE is sOoOo completely unknown

I totally agree about the underrated thing, but Im sure Ive been guilty of calling something well known "underrated" before.

Though Id like to argue that though something like a game sold well, that doesnt necessarily mean it may not be underrated. Like, it could have sold well initially but isnt looked back on well.

I kinda think of the Wii this way, it sold well but most people look at it as nothing more than a console for shovelware.

EDIT- Im also kinda surprised to hear that someone could have referred to Donald Trump as underrated.

EDIT EDIT- I guess theres a difference to be made between underrated and obscure

Unknown is not the same as underrated. If many people know of something, it can still be underrated if their views on it are mostly negative.

Of course it isn't necessarily good. It would be naive to think that any change is good. Things can become worse, and that's still a change.
Isn't there an idiom that says someting like ''A good formula should never be changed''?

Unknown is not the same as underrated. If many people know of something, it can still be underrated if their views on it are mostly negative.

Of course it isn't necessarily good. It would be naive to think that any change is good. Things can become worse, and that's still a change.
Isn't there an idiom that says someting like ''A good formula should never be changed''?

My post on underrated was in response to cm30. I dunno if you already knew that or not, but you quoting me made me unsure of whether or not that was a response tl me or just a general response.

And youd be surprised by how many people equate change with good. Have you never heard someone ask another person "why are you afraid of change?"

There is, to some extent, a belief that change is a good thing. Theres even an expression that states just that- "change is good".

Back