Share your Wario Land remixes/covers here!

Sounds good. Guess you're gonna make Mario Maker versions of the entire Wario Land 4 soundtrack?
well, as close as I would come to if Wario Maker were real, so all the stage themes, and I think maybe the boss theme. After that, though, I probably will continue on and make versions of the Title Screen, Credits, Golden Diva, stuff like Moon's Lamppost and all that, just for fun.

Ah, always nice to see a re-arrangement of one of my favourite WL4 level themes. Those double bass / piano (Can't really tell what it is) notes are what really drive this song, particulary in the beginning.
Are there any WL4 level themes that aren't in your oeuvre yet? I'm probably wrong about this, but I can't recall a The Toxic Landfill cover from you.

The reverb in this audion makes it sound a bit over-the-top dramatical and unintentionally humourous. Even though I love heavy reverb, especially for dramatic effect.

Ah, always nice to see a re-arrangement of one of my favourite WL4 level themes. Those double bass / piano (Can't really tell what it is) notes are what really drive this song, particularly in the beginning.
Actually, it's neither. It was an alteration to a 3xOsc synth's "Moralog" patch that I placed a Reverb on-- said reverb was set to 0% Dry, so all reverb and no synth, but the reverb itself has a Room Size of 1 and a decay of 0.1 secs, and when I noticed how musically interesting the reverb signal sounded I went all in on that (and as a side note to that, if you were to bypass that Reverb the bass would immediately overpower the entire mix. Good to see other people find that as cool as I did.
Are there any WL4 level themes that aren't in your oeuvre yet? I'm probably wrong about this, but I can't recall a The Toxic Landfill cover from you.
honestly that has a lot to do with me forgetting about the stages in Ruby Passage that aren't :40belowbrr: half the time. like, just now i was literally like "...what was the first stage again" before remembering Curious Factory. I was thinking about doing something with Pinball Zone just the other day though. It's quite a shame, really, because I like the stage themes in Ruby Passage... well, except for one, which I'm kind of iffy about. You're right that I haven't done anything with Toxic Landfill. It's mostly just because, of all the stage themes, that one's probably my least favorite. Now, I really like the [20,2] Percussive Organ in it, and the drums are fab, but I'm just not that big a fan of the Overdriven Guitar(s) line in it, for some reason. I think it's mostly the riff gets kind of grating, which is a problem when it's as prominent as that. I like the sections during the slow part, where it functions as more of a low-end, though. URRRWEEEHHHHOWWW~ WOW WOWW OWWWW
The reverb in this audion makes it sound a bit over-the-top dramatical and unintentionally humourous. Even though I love heavy reverb, especially for dramatic effect.
who says it was unintentional
cavity_calamity.png

wWaaaRioOooO

It's mostly just because, of all the stage themes, that one's probably my least favorite.

Really? It's one of my favourites, because it gives me that "Wario" feeling more than any other track in the game. (Note that I like the music; the stage itself is probably my least favourite after Fiery Cavern.)

who says it was unintentional
cavity_calamity.png

wWaaaRioOooO

You should definitely experiment more with reverb. It's a really cool effect when handled properly.

Did anyone ever share that cover of Bloomsday Blowout on MuseScore? Not really a remix, per se, but I still think it's worth noting, especially because it sounds amazing.

Here are a few from a remastering project I've been working on for a while now:

Looks like the forums only allow 5 SoundCloud embeds per post, so I'll leave it at that for now.

I've done more than half of the game's songs at this point, though (among other things), so picking only 5 to post was a challenge in and of itself! I may post more sometime if there's interest, perhaps in a new thread. :WLThumbsUp:

Back