So like is Yoshi's franchise dead?

Just one? Did you listen to the entire soundtrack?
Hm, not just one, there were more decent ones. There was only one I really liked a lot, though. All the others were definitely not up to par with Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Woolly World to me.
And I think I've listened to the entire soundtrack before, I won't again, though, as I don't really like it d:p

So, what is with that new Yoshi game anyway? I know it's been delayed or at least not shown for ages now, but what's going on there? And what's caused Nintendo to forget about it so much?

So, what is with that new Yoshi game anyway? I know it's been delayed or at least not shown for ages now, but what's going on there? And what's caused Nintendo to forget about it so much?
To be honest, I'm glad it's getting extra development time. When we last saw it I didn't think it looked very well designed.
The fact that you needed to play each level twice, just to get all the collectables, the unintuitive-looking aiming system, it all looked kinda wonky...
I wouldn't be surprised if it was very different next time we see it.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I know, i'm late, but when the switch was announced a yoshi switch game got announced too, but theres no more info about it, it just got canceled i think

I know, i'm late, but when the switch was announced a yoshi switch game got announced too, but theres no more info about it, it just got canceled i think

Ah yeah, that Yoshi game. Don't think it's cancelled though, heard they were retooling it.

Reactions: 607
Yeah. I am also expecting it will be reannounced of sorts when they've made a start into making it a real game. At E3, it looked more like a tech demo (for an older console, as it of course didn't show what the Switch is capable of) or a pitch than a proper prototype, to be honest. Which rather disappointed me, as I was afraid they would release it as a mediocre game. Now that they're silent about it, I am glad, as I am expecting it to be remade into something with much more potential, now.

Yoshis-Crafted-World_09-06-18.jpg

Yoshi's Crafted World title accidentally leaked early | Nintendo Wire
Not dead yet...
Also, what is that name: Crafted World?.... minecraft intensifies

Man, this Direct delay probably threw a wrench into so many of Nintendo's plans. They were probably gonna announce the game's name in the direct, so the name was supposed to be public after that. But when they had to call it off they weren't able to delay that listing as well.

So yeah, Yoshi Switch is still a thing.

Told you they just needed time.
And it looks like the development time payed off. The game looks a lot more comprehensive and less tedious. Being able to flip the camera using items instead of having to play the whole level twice.

Has it become a trend to accuse franchises dead? Metroid, Wario, Yoshi....
Just because they don't shit out a game every month.
I prefer Quality over Quantity.
Do you want these franchises to become the next COD and Fifa?

Sometimes i have the feeling that some people WANT them to die and ask if it happened already...

Last edited:
Back