So this is Sakurai's excuse for removing Wario's shoulder bash...

I know the shoulder bash is his main move, but with how little money I have I can't get Wario games, so I need you guys help for a better understanding of this game. I thought he had a sword for a small time, so what? Doesn't mean I don't know much about it.

I count on you guys to help me have more knowledge on this game, also I don't know if King hehehe told you yet but English isn't my first, so sorry for having such a hard time reading what you say half the time.
Well... you can try talking one on one with others so you can still learn and talk about the series without bothering anyone.

Well, I tried asking you for forgiveness and you never replied, so there's that. KKplz isn't online often anymore, so is MonaWare and King Hehehe, I could talk to him. Everyone else ignores me and mocks me sometimes.

Well, I tried asking you for forgiveness and you never replied, so there's that. KKplz isn't online often anymore, so is MonaWare and King Hehehe, I could talk to him. Everyone else ignores me and mocks me sometimes.
Well...I was rather frustrated at the time and I just wanted to remove myself from the situation since while I knew you meant well I wasn't sure if you would try to improve.

If you can try to be more restrained with your posts and try to be more self-aware I am willing to forgive.

Oh, sure. I can go back to normal (sounds like sarcasm but it isn't//) I only come off as annoying because I thought I could talk about Ashley a lot on this here Wario site, that's the main reason I joined.

But, I can act as if this were just a normal site I use normally like Google+, YouTube, Miiverse, etc.

Don't forget that there is a non-Wario section. Don't be afraid to create new threads. While I love the Wario series I mainly joined because I loved the people and the community.

What do you say? Maybe then you can talk about things you enjoy and can discuss and maybe find out that people don't actually hate you.

Yeah, I love talking to people. It's something to pass the time, making new friends along the way. I joined for Ashley, but I stayed for the community. (Don't get me wrong, I still like Ashley.)

Yeah, just general section. Alright, thanks for the talk, I just need to be nicer and less stupid sounding, I feel better now. I better stop before I go off-topic too much, lol. I'll see you around than.

Hah, it's fine we both went off topic don't worry. With this, I forgive you and hope we can put everything behind us.

Just remember, if something sounds too weird to be true, question it!

Anyway, back to Wario's representation:
While it's true that there was crude humor in a lot of the promotional stuff, that always felt to me like the people in charge of the manuals, websites, etc. had a different picture in mind of what Wario is or should be. Like, it feels like they wanted to be funny and just went with the next best stereotype: That fat people are disgusting.

And I know I've already said this but the reason I loved Wario as a character in the first place is because he wasn't just the dumb, disgusting, loser stereotype that there already are a million of.
He was fat but he was strong, determined, he was the protagonist, he did what he wanted, he got things done.
And that's what his games showed. There was no toilet humor, there was just Wario kicking ass.

That's the Wario that I think should be represented. The GAME Wario.

But now, in his current portrayal, all the reasons why I loved Wario in the first place are almost all gone and replaced with the exact opposite.
Now he's just another fat guy stereotype who farts around and is the butt of every joke.

While I do agree with you on most points I don't think Wario is meant to be completely serious. While Sakurai thinks Wario should be wacky I don't think that's right either. Wario is meant to be a bit silly but mainly through what he gets himself into which the transformations highlight.

Shake It also highlights this pretty well, with gameplay that's heavy on his brute strength, but with cutscenes and interactions that show a good deal of silliness.

While I do agree with you on most points I don't think Wario is meant to be completely serious. While Sakurai thinks Wario should be wacky I don't think that's right either. Wario is meant to be a bit silly but mainly through what he gets himself into which the transformations highlight.
Yes, of course, he's not a serious character, but the thing is, the silly parts of the games didn't come from Wario being "weird" or something.
Like,... what I mean is, the transformations are very wacky and cartoony, but those are things happening TO Wario. Like, Zombie Wario could be seen as gross, but that's not part of his character.
Or if you look at the bosses in WL4, those look really creepy, freaky or gross, but it has nothing to do with Wario's character.
It makes no sense to attribute those weird, crude or creepy parts to Wario himself.

The same thing could be said about the crude humor Wario Ware. If you look at the first game, the nose picking minigame was Mona's and the toilet stage was Crygor's. Wario's storyline and microgames were mainly about getting money and treasure.

Wario's personality was always very straight forward. He loves money, he loves himself, he'll do whatever needs to be done to get what he wants and he's not gonna let anything get in his way.
When he DOES do crude things then it's because he doesn't care what people think of him, not because he loves to do crude things.
Like, when he picks his nose in the intro of WWinc. he just doesn't give a :fronk:.
Everyone picks their nose sometimes.

But when he's literally talking about his shit in some promotional interview that just feels really forced and out of character. Why would Wario care about shit?
Again, it just feels like someone was desperately trying to be shocking in order to be funny.
That's what the Wario Waft feels like. Like they put it in only to be funny, not because it's actually something Wario should have.
And it's always the same joke. Fat people are gross. Hardy har har. I'm just so sick of it. :SRolleyes:

I know it's been discussed in the general topic but this still...

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...am-move-was-taken-out-of-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Now, Sakurai: I don't hate you. You've given me Mega Man and Pac-Man after all. But this is perhaps the dumbest decision I have ever heard. And what's worse is I hear some people defending it with "Well, Wario Punches a lot hurr durr"... Should we replace all of Mario's fire moves with punching? He punched a lot in SM64 you know. :U See? It's just stupid. Especially when it's the character's TRADEMARK MOVE.

Don't get me wrong, I am somewhat pissed that Pac-Man doesn't have the Butt Bounce or Rev-Roll, but Wario's is probably the most noticeable because his only representation for his platforming series was removed just because "he didn't think it was interesting".

I prefer our version of the translation. NE is more like a news report, and not a translation. Also, NE mistranslated "ledge" as "cliff".... If anything, having multiple translations of the same thing shows people that varied translations can be depend on experience (to be fair, we know Smash pretty well), translator level, intent, effort and choice. If you guys are interested in this topic, check out this article too.

Oh that reminds me, DYKG mentioned a couple weeks (months?) ago that Luigi and Wario both say "Oh my god..." in the Japanese version of [one of the] Mario Parties. In Japan, "Oh my god" is seen as a joke phrase, and not a religious one (after all, the majority of Japanese people aren't that religious, and if they are then it's Shintoism and/or Buddhism; not Christianity).

I think we should petition for a new Wario Land game. The series is ripe to be revitalize, and if it's brought back in a significant way then we may see some changes to Wario in the next new Smash game.

Wario is pretty dang well represented outside the removal of that move(which is why I feel Brawl Wario was so great).

That being said, I have no clue what Sakurai thought was so unfun about the original move. It was a quick(same speed as Mario's current Up Smash), neat move that frightened your opponent with it's speed AND SUPER ARMOR. It was something you could use often.

LETS REPLACE IT WITH THE MOST STOCK STYLE F-SMASH POSSIBLE(A punch with a long windup and after lag), making it both generic AND essentially never able to be used because people can dodge/shield it on reaction(outside some ridiculous tricks that only pros can do). It removed one of the most fun Smashes to use in Brawl and replaced it with the most boring move possible.

Like I said: DAAAAAASH ATTAAAAAAAACK.

Instead of falling on his face he can do the shoulder charge as his DAAAAAASH ATTAAAAACK.

Then Sakurai can have his stupid punch and Wario can still keep his signature move.

And no, Kyon, Wario has never ever used farting as a move before Brawl. The only thing that could even come close to him actually farting in a game is a visual gag that IMPLIED that wario farted in a microgame from WW: Smooth Moves.

Wario has ALWAYS been a big toilet humor character, he's just been localized to avoid it in America and Europe:

Wario Waft:
Origin:
The move is based on Wario's scatological personality and his general love for toilet humor as seen in numerous game manuals and promotional websites for many of his games, mainly for the Japanese market as the Western market leaves out this trait of Wario's personality.
One of the first instances concerning Wario and farting is the Japanese manual for Wario Land II.

Toilet Humor has been around forever for Wario in Japan, and actually started with... WARIOLAND. So much for Wario not being "gross"- he's just been localized(or censored for those who want to use the term) to not be as gross in the west, but with the bigger focus on his personality in Ware and other games over Land, where he's mostly a silent protagonist and his actual personality was mostly relegated to localized manuals that tried to skip this part of his personality, he can't really keep being kept as "American Wario".

Wario has ALWAYS been a big toilet humor character, he's just been localized to avoid it in America and Europe:

Wario Waft:
Origin:
The move is based on Wario's scatological personality and his general love for toilet humor as seen in numerous game manuals and promotional websites for many of his games, mainly for the Japanese market as the Western market leaves out this trait of Wario's personality.
One of the first instances concerning Wario and farting is the Japanese manual for Wario Land II.

Toilet Humor has been around forever for Wario in Japan, and actually started with... WARIOLAND. So much for Wario not being "gross"- he's just been localized(or censored for those who want to use the term) to not be as gross in the west, but with the bigger focus on his personality in Ware and other games over Land, where he's mostly a silent protagonist and his actual personality was mostly relegated to localized manuals that tried to skip this part of his personality, he can't really keep being kept as "American Wario".
Still never used it as an attack prior to Strikers.

Back