Guys, I have a serious question.

What is the least lame between the two? NASCAR or pro wrestling?

Better question:
Which one is better: NASCAR or Formula 1?

I'd say NASCAR any day over F1. Okay, I rarely visit stock car races but they still attract me much more than that F1 stuff everyone around me seems to be obsessed with.

Guys, I have a serious question.

What is the least lame between the two? NASCAR or pro wrestling?
When I was little I was super into anything related to cars but I always found NASCAR to be dreadfully boring. I always hated when it was on Fox and interrupted the regular program schedule. The only thing I ever liked from NASCAR is the M&M's car.

When I was little I was super into anything related to cars but I always found NASCAR to be dreadfully boring. I always hated when it was on Fox and interrupted the regular program schedule. The only thing I ever liked from NASCAR is the M&M's car.
View attachment 10807
ASSCAR is really just a glorified horse race, a bunch of numbers going around a boring-ass racetrack shaped like a pill, only it lasts way too goddamn long and any betting made is unofficial. I can understand regular Car fanatics, a la Top Gear, because statistics, optimization, and ME GO FAST are all things that I can understand easily. but I don't know if I'll ever understand why anyone but the participants enjoy NASCAR. Maybe if it was shorter, but it lasts TOO FUCKING LONG. That may just be the Indy 500, but even still, you gotta have like the opposite of ADD to put up with this shit, swear to God. 200 Laps?! Excuse me while I do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. I'll always root for great racing driver Enzio Bodoni, though.

I never had much interest in NASCAR but it always comes up when it comes to like stereotypical "redneck" or "country" activities.

really just a glorified horse race

If NASCAR is a glorified horse race, then F1 must be a horse race with stainless steel preprogrammed robot horses. I mean, it's faster and the circuit is not your run of the mill real-life Baby Park version, but there's simply not enough action for me to watch that stuff, even on TV.

If you really want cars with action, forget NASCAR and F1, and watch to some off-track dirt rally instead.

And while we're on the topic of sports anyway, here's another personal opinion of mine:

Snooker / pool >>> darts.

Darts is just waaay too overrated and over-spectacularised to me.

So, we've got ourselves a few blokes on this here site? Can someone please explain why certain breeds of Northerners pronounce t' as something more like "ch't"? I'm not sure where the region I'm talking about is, but the example I'm thinking of, sounded somewhere between Newcastle and Liverpool. The sort of gravel of Newcastle, mixed with the inflections and word-cutoff business of Liverpudlian. Definitely one of the Lancashire accents, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Back