The Mega Man series

I'm sure most that would visit this thread and know Star Force already know this, but still...:

I really do wonder what Star Force 4 would have been like, if the series didn't get forced to wrap up with 3, there still are enough loose ends that they could make a SF4 even now.

48688239_p0.jpg

Yeah, though at least they gave Star Force a rather conclusive ending (even with said loose ends in mind), so I at least feel better about that one then I do with Legends or ZX.

Some people seem to hate them but I almost want to make a hobby of collecting art books for game series. Only problem is that it would be quite an expensive hobby and I'm not sure where I'd even begin. Although most of the stuff you'd find is probably scattered all around the internet I still would enjoy owning them.

It's not a popular sentiment by any stretch of the imagination but I've seen it a few times from some people though I should probably add that it's also often in the context of like pre-order bonuses or special editions of games.

Forgot to post this here yesterday, but guess who's back for the new Marvel vs Capcom:

I like how X and Zero, are both now playable in the new MVC line-up. Interesting enough that Inafune wanted Zero to be the lead protagonist in the X series. It never happened Zero eventually got his own subseries in the Megaman Zero series so there's that, these games definitely had great music lead by music director Ippo Yamada he's even been making music for Azure Striker Gunvolt, haven't played it yet looks like a love letter to the MMZ series though.

Always impressed with people who work either with the hardware itself or essentially under the real limitations whenever they make like NES or Genesis or whatever style music.

Always impressed with people who work either with the hardware itself or essentially under the real limitations whenever they make like NES or Genesis or whatever style music.

Absolutely.
And it always seems that Mega Man devs are masters at pushing what they can do to the limit, and figuring out ways around it...since all the way back in Mega Man 1, when they used 2 sprites combined to create Mega Man instead of just 1, thus giving him more than the limit of 3 colors. That was incredible in it's day.

Which isn't uncommon for Mega Man characters. Mega Man himself, for example, is a face pasted into an empty space between the helmet and the suit. As long as the sprites move in unison and don't flicker in and out of existence, you shouldn't really be able to tell that it's multiple sprites superimposed over one another.

Which isn't uncommon for Mega Man characters. Mega Man himself, for example, is a face pasted into an empty space between the helmet and the suit. As long as the sprites move in unison and don't flicker in and out of existence, you shouldn't really be able to tell that it's multiple sprites superimposed over one another.

Yes, exactly. They were pioneers of this technique

Back