Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Naa

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not exactly sure this is the right place, but you make bitchin wl4 tracks

this one was unbelievably amazing

thank you very much-eh!!

your profile message is what's amazing, though. the juxtaposition between it and the pfp made me laugh out loud

I went back and applied the pitch-bend for the finale of Dust in the Wind, but the changes made aren't quite ready to be applied to the WL42 midi, or whatever. I want to finish optimizing the number of voices for the guitar channels before doing that, anyway.

So, here it is in Chiptune form (ironically, the "alt." version is in the proper key)

Attachments

• Dust in the Cartridge.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 419
  • Dust in the Cartridge Alt..mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 417
Never :8bitwariodance: say :8bitwariodance: Wario Land 1 :8bitwariodance: music :8bitwariodance: isn't :8bitwariodance: classy :8bitwariodance:

Attachments

• Capella de la Torre - Tourdion.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 417

Lichpenst - portmanteau of German words "lich", a sentient creature created from human remains via black magic, and "Gespenst", meaning ghost, spook, or wraith.

The direct translation for "revenant" in German is "Wiederauferstandener", and that's waaaay too wordy, so I said fuck that shit and created a whole new word for it. Also coined because, like I said, Gespenst does mean wraith, which is close to what I wanted, but I found out that can also mean other things, in particular mook-level spirits, and that's totally bogus. So, I created a combination word. It even works too, because the "ch" in Lich and the "s" in Gespenst are pronounced the same way in German.
This word would be used for cases like DooM's "Revenant" enemy, because a Revenant has the vibe of a wraith, but similar to a Lich is very much tangible and tethered to the world it's wandering about in. Wraiths are also quite singular in their goals as well, if I recall, and are way too obsessed with revenge to use as a translation. A lich can kind of just do whatever, though, especially since similar to a revenant, a lich also has its free will by default as I understand. So, like DooM's revenants, they could very well go off and enlist in the demon hoard platoon.
Now if only I could stop forgetting how to spell it...

As for the arrangement itself, I just put a MIDI into SynthFont and messed with the DooM sounds until it sounded good. SynthFont's panning distribution sucks so much, though, so I wanted to give it a try in FL. The SynthFont arrangement actually kept the default sounds for the Left SynString and Right Polysynth, though, believe it or not, and I made sure that carried over to the FL version, because I tried using all SNES DooM and it just wasn't as good. Plus, in FL I had control over the instrument Gate and Release times, so I was able to exercise more control over those bass channels. The low, droning sound is actually a note from the right-panned bass channel, and the brief flares are from an octave about that and the left-panned bass channel, which uses the contrabass sound instead of "B2".

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "I imagine it'd sound something like "TIIICK, TOOOCK, TIIIIICK TOCK."

though more so because it's loud than because it's heavy, although those ticks can sound pretty similar to what you'd call "heavy" when set really loud.
OOH, which reminds me: speaking of tick sounds that scratch a certain itch, I got this voice clip from my friend (the one who made the Mario Sunshine thumbnail) of him doing the sound test he'd make at the beginning of every Steam call with my brother, back when he had a potato mic. As it turned out, a PLETHORA of auditorially interesting sound effects could be found from little half-second long snippets.

I have a whole little folder full of these things now, but I compiled the four which are probably the "best" in terms of how far from the original sounds they were and how good as sfx they are.

Attachments

• Charger sound.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 347
Can you tell me how many BPM this song is please? I guess about 110, but I'm kinda bad at such estimates.
I used the tempo tapper from when the beat first came in up to about the 3:00 mark. FL says 131
this song reminds me of the Ice theme from the game "Best Friends", whose source code was blatantly stolen for SpongeBob 3D Obstacle Odyssey. Sounds more like the Jungle theme (I think?) when the atmosphere pad comes in for the second phase. But the third phase seems to reach a nice compromise.

I used the tempo tapper from when the beat first came in up to about the 3:00 mark. FL says 131
this song reminds me of the Ice theme from the game "Best Friends", whose source code was blatantly stolen for SpongeBob 3D Obstacle Odyssey. Sounds more like the Jungle theme (I think?) when the atmosphere pad comes in for the second phase. But the third phase seems to reach a nice compromise.

One hundred and thirty one? That's a bit faster than I thought. Its tempo appears to be a bit slower though, which is presumably because of how well it blends with the soothing melody of the the sampled vocals. One aspect of why I adore this song so much is because that despite its reasonably fast tempo, it has, to me at least, a very chilling vibe to it.

this song reminds me of the Ice theme from the game "Best Friends"

So 90's trance music sounds like BGM from an obscure video game? Well, I took a listen to the game you mentioned, and it does indeed appear somewhat similar.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

One aspect of why I adore this song so much is because that despite its reasonably fast tempo, it has, to me at least, a very chilling vibe to it.
Yeah, I've had a few songs that were like that for me. "Rock Bottom" from Battle for Bikini Bottom is kind of like that, as is "Ice Dungeon" from Skies of Arcadia (I'd severely bludgeon for the original .xm's btw). Oh, and there's also a LOT of music from the two MediEvil games that fits the bill. Sleeping Village, Crystal Caves, etc.
So 90's trance music sounds like BGM from an obscure video game? Well, I took a listen to the game you mentioned, and it does indeed appear somewhat similar.
the best part about "Ice" is the widening and shortening synth wave is made up of separate samples (bidisynth810 - 890), which was especially cool for someone like me who hasn't taken the time to attempt at learning to create that phenomenon through default plugins

One of the requirements for the "Electronic Portfolio" assignment was a cover photo of some sort.

So, what I made was a spoof of the Floodlands album cover where I replaced the guy's face with mine and that other... thing... with a red Kanohi Hau, the calling card for Tahu.

With all those drums an' shit out of the way, maybe now I stand a chance of transcribing this gorgeous clusterfuck

Attachments

• Ice Dungeon (Inverted).mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 399
MarioSpore asked me for help arranging Sweet Board into the style of the Bowser's Inside Story M&L Boss Theme, and I started one project, and that sucked ass because I didn't know what I was doing. Then, come today MS saves my bacon by doing the harpsichord, timpani, clarinet, and trumpet channels in a project of his own. From there, I took that and finished arranging the remaining channels, the Hit, Strings, French Horns, and Vibraphone. I also spruced up the pieces that needed arranging before they'd fit the original scheme 100% again, and it was mostly the trumpets that gave me trouble there.
MS plans on doing with it something like what this other guy did for a World Revolving edition of the theme, adding extra vibraphone sections for additional loops. But for now, here's the base loop.

Oh, and just now, he sent me this to accompany it.

Attachments

• Sweet Guy Alert.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 411
my brother gave the synopsis for some anime movie and on a whim i started recording it about a minute or so into it. just now, i added in some effects in audacity because i was fuckin' around with trying to make it sound like Astrotrain.

my one regret is NOT keeping the recording going after this, because less than a minute later he said "yeah, you like 'em young don'tcha" then proceeded to laugh for a solid half-minute, and that would've been the PERFECT ENDING GOD DAMMIT

Attachments

• lijah gives synopsis for some wolf movie.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 424
I just listened to the Wario Land II title theme and...
wow.
I mean, I always loved the Mario Party DS title tune - but this Waarangement blew it out of the park!
I know people compliment you a lot, but you are a gifted musician!

Honestly, you and Robin have music that is just regular listening for me now.

Y'know, I would pay good money to see the opening for Super Mario Sunshine done as a Phoenix Wright trial. It'd totally be one of those 1st Game, "updated autopsy report" type cases, I'm sure. Maybe have Mouser as the Prosecution. That'd be something.
For real, though, the Pianta judge should've been made to step down after that case, as it was clear she(?) was absolutely biased-- they go over the list of charges or some shit, then when Peach raises an objection to the prosecutor's indecisive evidence being presented as if it was decisive, she gets shot down. Of course, the jury was also loaded: it consisted entirely of locals who are affected by Shadow Mario's antics, as far as I know. It's almost like the peaceful-as-fuck island populated by pseudo-bumpkins wasn't founded with national crises like that.

Okay, now I'd be pumped for, like, a full-length fanfiction about Isle Delfino's justice system, including just how flawed yet well-meaning it is, with the ending being the Mario trial, showing us the final results of this endeavor, for all its good intentions.

MarioSpore asked me for help arranging Sweet Board into the style of the Bowser's Inside Story M&L Boss Theme, and I started one project, and that sucked ass because I didn't know what I was doing. Then, come today MS saves my bacon by doing the harpsichord, timpani, clarinet, and trumpet channels in a project of his own. From there, I took that and finished arranging the remaining channels, the Hit, Strings, French Horns, and Vibraphone. I also spruced up the pieces that needed arranging before they'd fit the original scheme 100% again, and it was mostly the trumpets that gave me trouble there.
MS plans on doing with it something like what this other guy did for a World Revolving edition of the theme, adding extra vibraphone sections for additional loops. But for now, here's the base loop.

Oh, and just now, he sent me this to accompany it.

View attachment 10924

Mr. Monopoly with shotgun in character roster when?

Back