tahutoa:

• Waa

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Naa

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Speaking of the "echo drum" effect in Red Brinstar, I just made a mashup of said song and Summertime...

that's too coo' to WATCH WHERE IT'S GOING, YA FOO'

(It actually was made using the soundfont of Mother 3 rather than actual Metroid 3, but still technically the soundfont of an M3 nevertheless)

big steppy

What am I looking at here?
Yesterday I finally uploaded my WL4-style remix of Mt. Teapot's main theme (the Water theme, basically) as a Resource on the forum, and on a whim I decided to make a WL4 portrait for it as well. I took a map from Stage 11 I believe, then in MS Paint I set to work coloring in things in. To my initial dismay, the image has some kind of color noise going on, so despite appearing uniform I couldn't actually color everything in at once. However, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as Wario Land 4's background tiles are very textured and gritty, especially in the case of rocky areas.
So, using the ol' "Eraser Right-Click" trick (what you do for that is use the dropper to left-click the color you want to replace. Then select the dropper again, and right click the color you want to replace it with. From there you can hold down right click with the eraser, and every pixel that matches the left-click color will be replaced with the right-click color-- I've been using MS Paint for years and I never knew about this until December of last year, when I wanted to make the thumbnail for this track), I painstakingly went through and colored in the 196x78 area seen in that image, plus a little bit of the surrounding area (the main 196x78 pixels were just how much the canvas could entail without seeing the original grey shades cut back in).
After all of that was finished, I set my background color to 0,255,0 (otherwise known as "the green screen shade") and pasted in
wl4 painting template.png
this template for the WL4 paintings that I made. Because I had transparent selection turned on (it's under the drop-down for the select tool), I was able to simply frame the pixels I wanted-- an area that combined relevant elements (el crab, lots of cliff) with good picture composition (hello, rule of thirds)-- and voila~

wl4 painting teapot.png
This was the final painting.

Apparently, the Wildflower Reed and Bass Organ can sound like a Steel Drum with the proper freak circumstances

Edit: woah dude, it's even more prevalent if the Reed is switched to a Nylon

Attachments

• Fate.mp3
    644.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Foot.mp3
    644.1 KB · Views: 207
Man, this song is great!
I can't remember the name of the original, but this version just works!
It captures the essence well.

You are the first person to finally give me validation for what I consider my first real success in FL Studio. Thank you very much

Back