Unique melodic sounds in Wario Land 1 (edit: I made a soundfont for these sounds that you can DL herein)

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
Specifically the eeeeehh, that sort of saxophone-sounding synth (heard in 07), that would go on to be used in the 2nd and 3rd (17) Wario Lands as well (going so far as being used for Wario's eEeEh),
and the 60s Organ sound heard in "Bomb Huntering (14)," [edit: or "Huntering with Bomb," rather(???)]

I want to know where I can either find a soundfont that includes these unorthodox pulse waves, or, even better, how to recreate them using the Pulse Wave presets from Wario Land 4's soundfont.

((......

((Uh.

((Uh.

((how do I @ Robin. uh... @Robin oh okay cool that worked))

Attachments

• 07 Stage Theme I.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 386
  • 14 Huntering With Bomb.mp3
    641.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 17 - Kozue Ishikawa - The Tidal Coast.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 382
Last edited:
The only way I know how is to use a Game Boy chiptune VST or something of the sort. Unless you can find a soundfont somewhere made by someone, the only way is to actually make the instruments yourself with the help of such tools.

The only way I know how is to use a Game Boy chiptune VST or something of the sort. Unless you can find a soundfont somewhere made by someone, the only way is to actually make the instruments yourself with the help of such tools.
Do you know of anything like this that will work well with FL Studio 6? (Yes, yes, it's ancient, etc., etc. I ain't upgrading, the new FL's suck ass.) There are absolutely no mcfucking web pages in existence that offer any information for any versions of FL prior to FL11 and maybe FL10, and I'm too much of an old man to deal with these iTunes-ass vector graphics, I need muh bitmap.
And, in addition to that, do you have any pointers on how to actually use 8-bit sound generators (and possibly remake the WL sounds using said tools)? I'm not all that great at Duty Cycle or any of that.

In regards to FL Studio 6, I can't answer you that, I never used anything below 9, and in terms of the tool, I only use NES soundchip because, even though it exists, I never got around to look for Game Boy ones.

In regards to FL Studio 6, I can't answer you that, I never used anything below 9, and in terms of the tool, I only use NES soundchip because, even though it exists, I never got around to look for Game Boy ones.
Can you direct me to some VSTs just in general then? I think some of them might still work on my ver.

Here's a functional, working beta version for the :S8V: EeEeH, made using a sample from WL1's opening cinematic. If you know of any other tracks where I could get a clean sample for some of the higher notes that'd be fab. I plan to do so myself later on, but for now, this will work I suppose :S3:

Attachments

• Wario Land EeEeh.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 339
The current version of the "Unique to Wario Land as far as I know" sound font, now with a synthesized organ fit to go "huntering" with.

Attachments

• Wario Land EeEeh 2.0.zip
    46.7 KB · Views: 303
Back